Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Advice and help needed to development 15-acre "Wellness Village" on Detroit's eastside.

Registered
    Dec 2011

Advice and help needed to development 15-acre "Wellness Village" on Detroit's eastside.

Presently I need to develop site plans and architectural drawings of 12 types of buildings that will comprise a larger concept, a "Wellness Village," designed to help people restore their health,
    ake services and products
    affordable, provide good jobs, and to broadcast a message of how we can all work together to make a better world.

Registered
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally posted by tom milano View post
    Presently I need to develop site plans and architectural drawings of 12 types of buildings that will comprise a larger concept, a "Wellness Village," designed to help people restore their health,
    affordable, provide good jobs, and to broadcast a message of how we can all work together to make a better world.
    Great! You want to hire a firm that understands views, gardens, etc are important.
    -------
    Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by tom milano View post
    Hi Tom, welcome to Cyburbia! We are glad to have you. If you could frame your question a bit better it would help anyone respond to it. If you are searching for firms that are capable of designing site plans or drawings, then we might be able to point you in the right direction. But if you are working on this project and want some ideas or guidance, then please give us some more information to work through.

Again welcome and happy to have you.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2011

more info on proposed "Jefferson Chalmers Wellness Village" for Detroit's eastside

To reduce my start-up costs, I'm looking for a student or retiree that may like to draft preliminary architectural drawings - at a reasonable cost - for this green village that will include a restaurant, bakery, senior day center, health spa, health food store, 3 acres of organic demonstration vegetable gardens, and several other businesses, all related to helping people restore their health. The University of Michigan Urban design center will draft the site plan but I need someone to start designing the buildings asap.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Contact me at the following email and I can suggest a couple architects you might consider. Many small firms are starving for work.

staff@placedynamics.com
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Have you compared notes with the Capuchin Monks?
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Great idea, DetroitPlanner. I know Tom paid UM Center for development to make a site plan. Hope he keeps us updated on his progress; I think it's a great program he's working on.

Registered
    Jun 2002
    Contact your local AIA (American Institute of Architects), Landscape Architects association, and local registration board for info on how to select and interview professionals for your purposes. They can also advise on appropriate fee ranges and services to expect.

Do you have a program of requirements yet? If not, the professional you select can also advise you on that.

Landscape architects specialize in land planning and development, then the project should be turned over to an architect for development of construction drawings and specifications.

Good luck.

Let us know how the early phase of planning turns out.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 09 May 2013, 2:38 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last post: 27 Nov 2006, 9:31 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 24 Oct 2006, 12:14 AM
  4. "Essential Land Development advice"
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 25 Jul 2006, 4:34 PM