Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Hello Cyburbia! Undergrad student in Charlotte, NC

Registered
    Apr 2011

Hello Cyburbia! Undergrad student in Charlotte, NC

Hello Cyburbia!
    My name is Asa. I'm originally from Staten Island, New York and I am a junior at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I will be graduating in May 2013 with a B.S. in Geography with a concentration in Urban Planning and a minor in Urban Studies. I am going to go to graduate school for planning after I graduate. My ultimate career goal is to become a head of a public transportation agency in a top 10 largest US city. Planning subjects that I am most interested in is transportation; land use, environmental, real estate, and interacting with the general public in planning issues.

And other interests that I have is: I like to go to places such as local stores, sporting events, comedy clubs, jazz and classical concerts, plays, museums, lunch/dinner. I like GIS, I love to talk about many subjects, and you will be very surprised how many different things I could hold a knowledgeable conversation in. I am a movie buff; I know a lot of movie trivia. I love history especially African American, American, Caribbean, African Afro-Canadian, African-European, South American, Japanese, sports and my favorite, political history, and I like to play sports and racing games on XBOX 360 and I do play by play sports announcing for UNC Charlotte.

I look forward to meeting everyone!!!
    Last edited by bigasa12; 28 Nov 2011 at 12:46 AM.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! Please have a look around and join in. If you feel so inclined you can always become a Cyburbian Plus member and get that attractive C+ next to you name.

Glad to have you!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hello from upstate New York!

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Welcome from the Triangle!
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Greetings from the Florida panhandle.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Glad you've joined... not so often to see another undergrad student on here. I'm getting ready to graduate this year from The University of Cincinnati in Urban Planning!

Enjoy your time on here!

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 10 Nov 2011, 1:00 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last post: 06 Sep 2011, 1:04 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last post: 17 Feb 2009, 11:20 AM
  4. Charlotte, NC
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 35