Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Undergraduate anyone?

Undergraduate anyone?

I am a High School senior in PA. I am looking for a solid urban/community/regional planning program in the Philadelphia PAa region. Urban Studies or some other related field would be fine but I want to be able to get into a good graduate school. I have an 1850 combined SAT score and a 3.8 GPA on a 4.0 scale so my academica are decent. Any suggestions?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2011
    UC Berkeley has an Urban Studies major. It just sucks that they're about to crush dreams and rip everyone a new one with the proposed tuition increase...

edit: oops just reread you specified PA region, my bad

Registered
    Dec 2011
    If you are willing to go a few hours away, the Bachelor of Science in Urban and Regional Studies at Cornell University is an awesome program.

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Like PlanningCanada said... if your willing to go a few hours away, the University of Cincinnati has a great Urban Planning degree, it is in the art college so it is more design based but they also have a Urban Studies program that has no design studios at all and just focuses on policies, economics and the such of planning. Its a great school with great professors

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Rutgers has an amazing undergraduate planning program. The Rutgers graduate planning program is rated number 3 by Planetizen and if you are looking to stay in the PA area Rutgers might be a good option.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Look at the Accredited Planning Programs List at: http://www.planningaccreditationboar...ndex.php?id=30

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2011
    Anyone know anything about the Eastern Washington University undergrad program?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally posted by zach2187 View post
    Anyone know anything about the Eastern Washington University undergrad program?
    Yes? That's where I got my masters... What do you want to know?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Ideas for undergraduate
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 21 Mar 2013, 10:13 PM
  2. Undergraduate programs
    Student Commons
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 05 Dec 2009, 12:44 PM
  3. Replies: 114
    Last post: 17 Apr 2009, 2:21 PM