Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Lot line adjustment extensions and the Subdivision Map Act

Registered
    Jan 2011

Lot line adjustment extensions and the Subdivision Map Act

I'm presently processing my 7th lot line adjustment extension at the municipality I'm currently employeed. The City's zoing code does not include provisions which would otherwise cap the total number of extensions. Extensions are approved based upon circumstances where the findings of approval remain valid. No changes have occured whereby the City would deny the extension, however, does anyone know if the Subdivision Map Act includes limitations on these extensions. I've gone through the entire document and couldn't find anything that directly applied to a LLA. Any assistance on this matter will be greatly appreciated? Thank you in advance.

Registered
    Jul 2011
    Just consulting my SMA book, but Lot Line Adjustments are exempt from the Map Act (if I have it right, see Govt. Code Section 66412(d)). Thus it would be my interpretation that if any limitations apply on the number of extensions, it would have to come from your municipal code (though sounds like it contains no such limitations).
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Tarf View post
    Just consulting my SMA book, but Lot Line Adjustments are exempt from the Map Act (if I have it right, see Govt. Code Section 66412(d)). Thus it would be my interpretation that if any limitations apply on the number of extensions, it would have to come from your municipal code (though sounds like it contains no such limitations).
    Agreed. The state has limitations for maps, but since an LLA is a ministerial act, your code will be the end of time limitations and statues of those limitations. Gosh..tarf and i sound lawyerish today
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    May 2004

Batent post padding

yeah! ^^^ What they said!
    Last edited by imaplanner; 15 Dec 2011 at 8:00 PM. Reason: Oops. I misplelled blatent. I suck.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 13 Apr 2010, 12:05 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 04 Dec 2009, 1:40 PM
  3. ArcMap extensions
    Information Technology
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 19 Aug 2008, 4:15 PM
  4. I need an attitude adjustment
    Friday Afternoon Club