Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: A new member from Australia

Registered
    Dec 2011

A new member from Australia

Hi everyone, I discovered this forum recently and have found it to be very interesting, hence I have now joined . I am an Australian Urban Planner - I finished Uni only months ago in Oct '11, and luckily secured a full time graduate urban planning position almost immediately. I look forward to continue my lurking for a while until I actually know what I am talking about!

Cheers, JS

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Welcome from the Washington DC area!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! Glad to have you! We welcome anyone from the fair city of Adelaide. If Ben Folds can write a song about you, you are good enough for me.

Welcome!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Hello from Australia!
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 12 Dec 2011, 12:02 PM
  2. Hello from Australia!
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 14 May 2007, 10:49 AM
  3. New Course in Australia
    Introduce Yourself