Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Closed thread
Page 107 of 374 FirstFirst ... 97 106 107 108 117 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Englebert Humperdinck, wow, just wow...

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Speaking of Spam, where's our little hawaiian (now mainland) mermaid. Spam is a widely enjoyed on the island state. Maybe she can provide recipies.

Anyone on facebook, tell ts she is missed in the throbbing brain.

ALSO

Maybe Englebert could sign up to be a "Friendly Visitor" too.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    Yeah, I was more moved by the Lowrey organ. I am like a God playing one of those babies. Maybe I should add some Humperdink to my repertoire. I did not intend that as a double entendre. I also didn't intend to use so much French in this post. This post is going badly, like my day, I'm taking a couple hours off to get my head straight.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    Humperdink, Humperdink, Humperdink!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I feel like 50 Cent running a 3.1 mile race today....

*think about it....

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Yeah, I was more moved by the Lowrey organ. I am like a God playing one of those babies. Maybe I should add some Humperdink to my repertoire. I did not intend that as a double entendre. I also didn't intend to use so much French in this post. This post is going badly, like my day, I'm taking a couple hours off to get my head straight.
    this reminds me of a Steve Martin joke:

guy choking out words
    other guy says Help him
    another guy says what happened
    other guy says he spoke French!

Registered
    May 2005
    I don't know what I find more amusing - that ALL the tags for Shamanic Services by Susan are gone or that 4 of Enge's Friends' are....
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Humperdink, Humperdink, Humperdink!
    Uh oh- you just released the Humperdink! Now we are all in for it.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Consultants, seriously, you need to invest in better QA/QC. Search & replace is not your friend unless you review ALL text in your proposal, including captions. Also, reguarding is not the same thing as regarding!!

Also, it would be nice if you could properly spell the name of your "local liaison" subcontractor. Sheesh.
    Last edited by dandy_warhol; 19 Jun 2012 at 4:39 PM. Reason: continued b!tching

Registered
    May 2004
    Please make the abortion thread stop. It's like a terrible accident that is hard to stop looking at.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Please make the abortion thread stop. It's like a terrible accident that is hard to stop looking at.
    Rubbernecker...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Feb 1998
    What he said. OR let's start a thread on gun control. One side will never convince the other, and it all resorts to name calling.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I made a comment about a political thread some time ago. Didn't make it stop or go away though. Maybe Maister could start combining threads instead of splitting them. Make one big political gun control abortion thread or maybe limit some folks to posting in only one thread.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Management alerted me over the pasted several days that I was going to get drilled a new a-hole during the first reading of a wind mill ordinance I was proposing that was on today's agenda. Turns out, it didn't happen. The second reading is next month. We'll see.

I'll post the proposed text in the appropriate thread tomorrow morning.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Dec 2008
    So I thought this day couldn't really go more badly....but I was wrong. That is all. The great, gaping maw of underachievement that seems to define my existence....oh never mind. I'm such a whiner. City Council meeting sucks. I have nothing better to say.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Sep 1999
    We are going to see a favorite author, Tim Dorsey, a week from tomorrow. Have to think up one of the not run of the mill questions to ask him. He writes about a lovable/outrageous serial killer in FL, and his pot-smoking side-kick.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    RJ has had a problem with his contacts for the last several days, coming home from work Mon at 8:30, and not wearing the contact in his right eye (well, he wore it today). Tonight it got excruciatingly painful, and after 2 "emergency number" calls to his eye doc weren't returned, I took him to the emergency room. Yep, "pink eye". I'm thinking of everything he's touched after rubbing his eye and then I've touched.... Anyway, talk about NO WAIT, he checked in at the desk and was whisked away by the time I parked the car. We were there maybe 30 min. It has to be a record. He's feeling a little better.
    I got the bill yesterday....the total charge was nearly $2000. My contribution? $100. The prescription (which they couldn't "give" me, but they left on the exam table to take home) cost almost $80--charged to my insurance. Thank goodness for insurance.

I will probably get a separate bill from the doctor.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Aug 2002

I got a live one

There were a couple of anti-planning nutjob conspiracy theorists at my meeting last night.

I'm surprised they weren't wearing tin foil hats. Fortunately, some normal people were there too.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    So I thought this day couldn't really go more badly....but I was wrong. That is all. The great, gaping maw of underachievement that seems to define my existence....oh never mind. I'm such a whiner. City Council meeting sucks. I have nothing better to say.
    *Hug*

Since it never works when you give yourself one.... well it does, it just feels odd.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Yesterday evening we took our daughter to the library to see some farm animals that were brought in. They had about 5 or 6 goats, a few large turkeys, 3 or 4 sheep, a couple of sheep, two miniature ponies, and then some chickens, ducks, quail, and rabbits. Our daughter is nearly 2 and really enjoyed the animals. This was by no means her first time seeing farm animals up close though - my parents have chickens and turkeys and one of my brothers has some horses, chickens, ducks, etc. We also like to take her to a house down the street from my parents with quite a few cows, horses, goats, and sheep. However, there were a bunch of kids at the library yesterday, some who were probably even about 10 or 11 years old, who you could tell had never seen an animal that close that wasn't a cat or a dog. That just struck me as odd... not that the kids were deprived or anything like that, just that it really is a different world growing up in the city and growing up in the country.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Yesterday evening we took our daughter to the library to see some farm animals that were brought in. They had about 5 or 6 goats, a few large turkeys, 3 or 4 sheep, a couple of sheep, two miniature ponies, and then some chickens, ducks, quail, and rabbits. Our daughter is nearly 2 and really enjoyed the animals. This was by no means her first time seeing farm animals up close though - my parents have chickens and turkeys and one of my brothers has some horses, chickens, ducks, etc. We also like to take her to a house down the street from my parents with quite a few cows, horses, goats, and sheep. However, there were a bunch of kids at the library yesterday, some who were probably even about 10 or 11 years old, who you could tell had never seen an animal that close that wasn't a cat or a dog. That just struck me as odd... not that the kids were deprived or anything like that, just that it really is a different world growing up in the city and growing up in the country.
    My oldest daughter spent the first 2.5 years of her life in Livingston County "country", so she had early exposure to farm animals.

But even living in Grand Rapids, her and my younger daughter were exposed to farm animals at county fairs. Most zoos even have farm animal sections. So I do find that odd.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Aug 2005
    no ac in my part of the building - it's fine for now but I will melt later today

in the greater scheme of things like bad Council meetings, anti-planning commie rants and general office mayhem, I realize my problem pales in comparison, but still...

Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    My oldest daughter spent the first 2.5 years of her life in Livingston County "country", so she had early exposure to farm animals.

But even living in Grand Rapids, her and my younger daughter were exposed to farm animals at county fairs. Most zoos even have farm animal sections. So I do find that odd.
    I wonder it that's a Great Lakes thing. Zoos in Indiana had the same thing. Agratourism is also a big thing there. Look, lets go see chickens, cows, horses, pigs, turkey and animal !@#$.. Let all enjoy the wonder, natural farm odors,.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    I wonder it that's a Great Lakes thing. Zoos in Indiana had the same thing. Agratourism is also a big thing there. Look, lets go see chickens, cows, horses, pigs, turkey and animal !@#$.. Let all enjoy the wonder, natural farm odors,.
    My son is lucky because he has gotten to spend time at my wife's family farm in Colombia. So he can milk cows, ride horses, seen monkeys stealing the nuts from the cocoa trees, been chased by an angry tom turkey and done chores with his Tio La. He knows chickens don't always come pre-packaged in pieces and that it is a messy business getting one to the table. And the bacon from the pig they slaughtered was apparently wonderful, thick and delicious.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Taking the IBC Inspector exam tomorrow. Part of my being an "informed Manager of the Building Department, but not necessarily an inspector" work plan...

I hope I pass, not so I can be a proficient inspector... but so I dont have to keep studying the IBC...

Residential Exam is next month... hopefully not so daunting...
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Closed thread
Page 107 of 374 FirstFirst ... 97 106 107 108 117 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 01 Jan 2014, 12:58 AM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 01 Jan 2012, 12:53 AM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 7:05 AM