Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 137 of 374 FirstFirst ... 127 136 137 138 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Don't worry, I've let it go. It's not like I'm calling them up and telling them they're doing something wrong. I actually find it quite amusing.

To never check up on a former municipality is kinda weird if you ask me. There were important things I put in place there, and I'd like to check in from time to time to see how the fruits of my labor are doing.
    I;ve done the same thing, but I still live in the town of my former employer, so I look at it as a resident.
    Actually, I had a meeting for a trails board at my old employer yesterday. It was kind of weird, but good to be reminded of why I dont work there anymore.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Feb 2004
    For being the FRIDAY afternoon club, there doesn't seem to be much activity thus far on this particular Friday afternoon.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    For being the FRIDAY afternoon club, there doesn't seem to be much activity thus far on this particular Friday afternoon.
    I tried to do my share.

I'm leaving the office now.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    These are the times that try men's souls.

Registered
    Feb 2004

So when your platoon hits a hot LZ do you like to go with one of those new M-249 Squad Automatic Weapons or do you prefer an old school M-60 because of it’s harder hitting 7.62 ammo?

People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    This Friday afternoon has not been what I would like from a Friday afternoon. What would I like? Cheesecake.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 1998

So when your platoon hits a hot LZ do you like to go with one of those new M-249 Squad Automatic Weapons or do you prefer an old school M-60 because of it’s harder hitting 7.62 ammo?

I'll go with the SAW because the M60 is technically a crew weapon and I can wield the Saw myself.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    I'll go with the SAW because the M60 is technically a crew weapon and I can wield the Saw myself.
    If I'm carrying, I'll take the SAW. If it's somebody else, I'd like them to cover me with M60 and I want the door gunner covering both of us with a M50.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Wouldn't it just hurt to be labelled the "Plain Jane Bandit"?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/plain-jane-...ry?id=16923500

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, baby, don't you know that I love you?

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    RJ and I had a fun day driving 30-A in the western panhandle. We hit the farmer's market in Seaside, then dined at the roof top bar at Bud and Alley's (they serve a great margarita!) while Hands Across the Sand was happening nearby on the beach. Nothing better than lunch with your honey, overlooking over the Gulf.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    Long live JackTorrance237 over at SFGate.com. I tell you wat Bob hes a grate kommando to the English langwage/ Good jobs
    i say' i wish he wood jone us hear on C'eyeburbea. I wood sponcer him'

http://www.sfgate.com/profile/?User=...acktorrance237

This guy tops urban19.
    old boy is qite the wurdsmith. aparintly has a god sens of funetiks to.
    If you haven't bookmarked this page and don't view it daily, you are missing out--big time. Reading his postings make me wet myself. A couple of his last:

When I was in the Navey we worked on some SONAIR that was suppose to go to MARS. I cant' really share anything more because it was TOP SECRET CLASSIFIED but I wonder if that project made it on this space ship/

Mike phelps is amazing what a grate athelete and innspuration to all GO USA!!!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    For those who might be a bit shy ...

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Sounds like a more PC version of https://www.sitorsquat.com/
    @GigCityPlanner

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    This Bear is feeling much better today than yesterday (Saturday). I felt like crap the entire day and spent most of the day sleeping or doing the horizontal couch potato. Much better today!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    This Bear is feeling much better today than yesterday (Saturday). I felt like crap the entire day and spent most of the day sleeping or doing the horizontal couch potato. Much better today!

Bear
    Always glad to hear you're feeling better!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post

I wonder...they say they're promoting safe, clean restrooms, but how do they rate all the restrooms in Ithaca, and how often do they rate them (after all, it only takes one skittish pee-er to mess up a seat) And do they have a uniform written criteria for evaluating restrooms - one person's pestulent pissoire could be another's potty palace.

....which reminds me of a joke I heard on Prarie Home Companion - Q. Why do you feel so sophisticated in the bathroom? A. Because European (get it? You're a-peein'! haw haw haw)

Registered
    Aug 2005

Batman > Brown people

Apparently white folks killed at a Batman movie are more important to the people of Facebookia than members of a religious group killed in a house of worship.

*sigh*

Registered
    Mar 2007
    The USS Edson, a Cold War era destroyer, passed by my in-laws house at the southern tip of Lake Huron last night around 10:00 p.m. That would have been pretty interesting to see. It is on it's way up to Bay City to be part of a floating museum. I wish I had known it would be making its was through the area a bit earlier yesterday; I would have gladly gone down to Detroit or out to St. Clair to watch it pass through the rivers.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Does anyone else have an unfulfilled need where they WISH someone could turn them on to a way where they could make $$MILLIONS$$ in real estate with little or no money down?! Ideally, shouldn’t they attend a ‘seminar’ held at a conference room in a Holiday Inn where some high energy, charismatic guy on stage with microphone in hand could enthusiastically provide scanty details about such a method, all the while creating a carnival atmosphere by handing out $100 bills to the audience in a seemingly random fashion for answering questions, volunteering to take part in ‘demonstrations’, or just being there?

Shouldn’t one be able to fulfill most of their life’s dreams and ambitions if only they fork over the $169.99 needed for that guy’s books and motivational tapes? They just need to follow that guy’s fool-proof, demonstrated method, learn a few important aphorisms, believe in themselves, and think positive thoughts….
    Last edited by Maister; 06 Aug 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Yesterday I finished the last book from the Hunger Games trilogy. I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I like it when a book does that to me.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Yesterday I finished the last book from the Hunger Games trilogy. I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I like it when a book does that to me.
    I finished it about two weeks ago. Glad to know someone is in the same boat. I gotta say I was a little...disturbed...from all the graphic detail! But I enjoyed the series. Very riveting!
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by wahday View post
    I finished it about two weeks ago. Glad to know someone is in the same boat. I gotta say I was a little...disturbed...from all the graphic detail! But I enjoyed the series. Very riveting!
    I was a bit disturbed as well and thought that although it was classified as Young Adult I wouldn't want anyone under 16 or 17 reading it! What did you think about her final "choice"?

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, baby, don't you know that I love you?

Bear
    BTW, Thank you. On Sunday, I pulled out the vinyl of Iron Butterfly because of this post.

Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    If you haven't bookmarked this page and don't view it daily, you are missing out--big time. Reading his postings make me wet myself. A couple of his last:
    He has to be trolling... right?
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    About a week and a half ago I was on the Tri-State tollway south of Chicago between I-294 and I-94. I have driven this streach many times but I am always so amazed by how much that quarry jumps out at you. One minute your in suburban hell, you go under the underpass, and BOOM the land on both sides is gone!
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Closed thread
Page 137 of 374 FirstFirst ... 127 136 137 138 147 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM