Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 15 of 374 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Quote Originally posted by jsk1983 View post
    Keep them as pets...
    Yeah, keep in a tank, If nothing else, they would be a heck of conversation piece.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Only one place.

Also, topping the short list of new used cars is a 2002 Volvo Cross Country. Now all I need is a ponytail and gray beard, and some mean banjo skills.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Has anybody used a 35 mm negative scanner ? any pro or cons in your selection ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Yes, although it was a top end scanner that also did Medium and Large format negs. Generally, the more high end ones are better, but i do know people that have used a $100 scanner and had reasonable results
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I think when the skies pour down rain and ugliness, it is telling me that I shouldn't go back to work...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jun 2003
    I wouldn't want to be the Captain of the Costa Concordia now.

Here is a dangerous if not RUGGED job - the divers searching the ship.

That picture of the large rock embedded in the ruptured hull -
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...38_634x481.jpg
    Charges aginst the captain are bad - manslaughter, abandoning ship (coward ?) and causing a shipwreck.

Observation/opinion about the divers still stands.
    Oddball

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Only one place.

I realize you were being tongue-in-cheek, but I read an article recently about a woman who died shortly after her infant was born, and total strangers contributed their breast milk so that the baby could benefit from mothers' milk. And some mothers have difficulty producing their own milk, for whatever reason.

OK, it is a little strange to post it on Freecycle, though.

My scanner came with a contraption that allows you to scan negatives, but I have never tried. it.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    I realize you were being tongue-in-cheek, but I read an article recently about a woman who died shortly after her infant was born, and total strangers contributed their breast milk so that the baby could benefit from mothers' milk. And some mothers have difficulty producing their own milk, for whatever reason.

OK, it is a little strange to post it on Freecycle, though.
    There is a whole underground milk-sharing syndicate. There is no breast milk bank in NYS. A supplier out of NC is the only agency allowed to accept and ship breast milk to NY. Some women produce an excess amount of milk and want to help others who can't. Women who have lost infants or who have a still birth often still produce breast milk, some donate to know that they are able to help others. Some women can't produce breast milk of their own and some women who adopt infants still want to feed their child breast milk. It is kind of fascinating.

I was shocked to learn that of all places, New York doesn't have a breast milk bank. Made me want to do something about it, but I haven't.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    C'mom folks. Let's pick up the pace here. We're on page 15 of RTDNTOTO7 and it's the 17th day of the year!

Costa Concordia Random - Are your sure Gilligan wasn't the Captain. The captain looks likes his Italiam cousin and the cruise only lasted 3 hours. You know, a 3 hour cruise.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Only one place.

While it seems a bit bizarre at first glance, it's an incredibly generous offer considering how hard it is for some women to adequately breastfeed their baby. Trust me, every drop is like liquid gold.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    C'mom folks. Let's pick up the pace here. We're on page 15 of RTDNTOTO7 and it's the 17th day of the year!

Costa Concordia Random - Are your sure Gilligan wasn't the Captain. The captain looks likes his Italiam cousin and the cruise only lasted 3 hours. You know, a 3 hour cruise.
    If not for the courage of the fearless crew the Costa Concordia would be lost.

Kinda makes you wonder, though, what fearless acts of heroism Gilligan performed during that storm
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post

Kinda makes you wonder, though, what fearless acts of heroism Gilligan performed during that storm
    Don't you remember? Giligan threw the anchor overboard, but the line wasn't attached to the cleat!
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005

Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Don't you remember? Giligan threw the anchor overboard, but the line wasn't attached to the cleat!
    Thank you, both. I now have the Gilligan's Island theme song stuck in my head.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    That belongs in the "Let's get annoying songs stuck in each others' heads" Thread.
    Oddball

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I tend to think of you as a 'Ginger'. Other prominent Cyburbians and their Gilligan character equivalents.
    Michaelskis - Gilligan
    RJ - Mr. Howell
    ZG - Mrs. Howell (naturally)
    NHPlannner - the Skipper (or maybe not, Skippers are a rare breed around Cyburbia)
    Natski - Mary Ann
    (too many to count) - the Professor
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Oct 2009
    After am hour of driving through the snow to get to Syracuse, I came to my senses about possibly owning a rear wheel drive vehicle in upstate New York.

I really like the Saab 9-5 wagon. I also test drive a couple of Saab 9-3s. Tempting, but owning a 9-3 is supposedly much like

sticking it in the crazy

On Monday, I'm going to Rochester to check out a few more Saabs, a Volvo, and a Mazda 6. I'm also going to check out a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP here in town.
    I have to ask, why is the debate between a Saab, Volvo, Mazda, and Pontiac? Is your mechanic a pretty girl or something?
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Registered
    Feb 2004
    [peer pressure]Looks like Tarf and HomerJ both owe us an FAC thread. C'mon guys, what are you....chicken?[/peer pressure]

Registered
    Feb 2007
    I just haven't been able to get into the threads lately...this whole lurking thing makes me feel like a stalker...
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by CPSURaf View post
    I just haven't been able to get into the threads lately...this whole lurking thing makes me feel like a stalker...
    Potential solution: start a thread about something that interests you.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Potential solution: start a thread about something that interests you.
    Like lurking or stalking.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Mar 2002
    FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML
    FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML

Just sayin'

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Like lurking or stalking.
    So who would like to start the 'what's great/sucky about lurking' thread? Anyone...

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by CPSURaf View post
    I just haven't been able to get into the threads lately...
    Missing urban19, are we?

[ducks and runs]
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Jul 2007
    So who would like to start the 'what's great/sucky about lurking' thread? Anyone...
    I'll do it...just to get my yearly thread starting quota out of the way early
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML
    FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML

Just sayin'
    That bad, eh?

Closed thread
Page 15 of 374 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811