Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 153 of 374 FirstFirst ... 143 152 153 154 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    What if you that day you were eating tons of steak and potatoes?
    I would still go with the sangria, but then again I'm a lowbrow kinda guy.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Before our recent cross-state move, when we would walk around our GR neighborhood, we would see houses we liked, and discussed would we ever move to a new house within the same neighborhood. The answer was almost always "no". But this was based more on what we wanted in our next house (which we were not going to get in that neighborhood), not necessarily the proximity.

I say if you have no plans to leave the area any time soon, and the inside of the house is exactly what you want, then go for it!

Just think how easy the move would be.
    If we were serious about moving, any move that we would likely make would probably be in our neighborhood or within about a 1 mile radius. We like our school district, the main reason we picked the area, and like the amenities. However, most of the houses in the general area outside of that radius (but still within walking distance to downtown) are either way above what we would ever want to spend or would be too small for our tastes.

In the end, we will not be moving any time soon. I'm all talk! And besides, I'm waiting on that one perfect bargain house in town to hit the market. I figure if something large enough, within a couple blocks of the elementary school and a park, ever does become available in our price range, I want to be able to jump on it. I don't want to use up any house hunting goodwill with my wife too early.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Yesterday a friend asked if I could sub for her at soccer last night. I had to decline because of a previous commitment. Later last night I found out that a guy on the opposite team collapsed on the field, about 10 ft from a friend of mine, and later died, apparently from a heart attack. He was only 58.
    That is sad, but at least he died doing something he loved.

Since being corralled into coaching again this year, I'm out on the pitch running around. I get home and my knees are sore. They tend to ache for a couple days. That's why I quit playing in the first place. God its hell getting old.

Little Feat has a song in which one of the lines is "...when you mind makes a promise that your body can't fill." Thats becoming me.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2004
    In the mood for some FAC zanyness today, but I have the feeling the blue shirt contigent are going to be the active ones here right before Labor Day.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    In the mood for some FAC zanyness today, but I have the feeling the blue shirt contigent are going to be the active ones here right before Labor Day.
    Wish granted by the clouds outside my window. Holy crap!

There is a cloud outside my window right now, and if you squint just right it looks like Carmen Electra. Nature is obscene! And mesmerizing....it honestly looks so much like a well formed chest I feel like I should look away!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Working next to the Police and Sheriff headquarters, sometimes it happens that they fly out of here sirens wailing in hot pursuit, as they did this morning. Curious, I bumped into an officer I know and asked what the commotion was about. He said they were chasing a stolen vehicle, but they had lost it in the west end of Louisville.

When I got back to my office, my AA said the Mayor's AA was looking for me and it was urgent. (Oh, oh, methinks) and she tells me to call a police officer since my garage had been broken into. Turns out the perp didn't count on the painter up on the ladder next door seeing him snooping around, entering the garage through the window, calling in a description of him and his vehicle with my stolen lawn mower in the back. Nor that another officer would be in the vicinity to give chase. And unfortunately lose him ... Yup, same guy as above.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Wish granted by the clouds outside my window. Holy crap!

There is a cloud outside my window right now, and if you squint just right it looks like Carmen Electra. Nature is obscene! And mesmerizing....it honestly looks so much like a well formed chest I feel like I should look away!

Did you know there is a type of cloud called 'mammatus clouds' because of their resemblance to, well, you know. Frequently, they are seen in connection with severe weather.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    I would rather drink sangria than a Merlot any day of the week.
    Reminds me of one of my favorite movie lines: "If anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any f**** Merlot!" From the movie Sideways. There are some great lines in that movie.

A noontime random thought: Late summer allergies suck.

Another random thought: We had coyotes howling somewhere down the hill from us last night. Of course, it got virtually every dog in the neighborhood all worked up... except my dog, who was blissfully snoring.

Registered
    Jul 2006

Did you know there is a type of cloud called 'mammatus clouds' because of their resemblance to, well, you know. Frequently, they are seen in connection with severe weather.
    As frequently as men think about sex, it's surprising that they aren't all named like that. If women had named them, they'd be called bunnies or kittens or ursus or something fluffy cute like that.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Mar 2002
    "Spin & Marty"

"Corky & White Shadow"

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    As frequently as men think about sex, it's surprising that they aren't all named like that. If women had named them, they'd be called bunnies or kittens or ursus or something fluffy cute like that.
    Now I may be cute, but I am definitely not fluffy. Wait. Yes. I am fluffy today. Damn this effective fabric softener and body lotion for men!!!!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries

Hmmm. I feel a high pressure front arriving.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post

Another random thought: We had coyotes howling somewhere down the hill from us last night. Of course, it got virtually every dog in the neighborhood all worked up... except my dog, who was blissfully snoring.
    Must be nice. Our dogs bark at anything. A squirrel sneezes in the neighbor's backyard and the barking won't stop for 20 minutes.

Registered
    May 2005
    I can't concentrate here in the office.

I haven't vacuumed or cleaned the floors at home since my family has been in California the past 10 days. Now my parents call and say they're coming over to see me tonight. I need to get home and clean.

Plus Michigan State plays at 8 PM tonight.

Yup, no more work getting done today.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I can't concentrate here in the office.

I haven't vacuumed or cleaned the floors at home since my family has been in California the past 10 days. Now my parents call and say they're coming over to see me tonight. I need to get home and clean.

Plus Michigan State plays at 8 PM tonight.

Yup, no more work getting done today.
    Put them to work.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Working next to the Police and Sheriff headquarters, sometimes it happens that they fly out of here sirens wailing in hot pursuit, as they did this morning. Curious, I bumped into an officer I know and asked what the commotion was about. He said they were chasing a stolen vehicle, but they had lost it in the west end of Louisville.

When I got back to my office, my AA said the Mayor's AA was looking for me and it was urgent. (Oh, oh, methinks) and she tells me to call a police officer since my garage had been broken into. Turns out the perp didn't count on the painter up on the ladder next door seeing him snooping around, entering the garage through the window, calling in a description of him and his vehicle with my stolen lawn mower in the back. Nor that another officer would be in the vicinity to give chase. And unfortunately lose him ... Yup, same guy as above.
    Someone stole your lawn mower? That is crazy!

Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Someone stole your lawn mower? That is crazy!
    Yep, somebody nicked my lawnmower.

Time to get serious about buying a pair of 30MM belt-feds -- I'll be ready if the dude comes back AND for the zombie apocalypse.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Yep, somebody nicked my lawnmower.

Time to get serious about buying a pair of 30MM belt-feds -- I'll be ready if the dude comes back AND for the zombie apocalypse.
    Don't you mean the 25mm Bushmaster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9jULOA7zDc
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Yay! We are getting a new call center in town. I've been told it will bring in a ton of new hotties.
    I burned down the church to atone for my transgressions.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by stroskey View post
    Yay! We are getting a new call center in town. I've been told it will bring in a ton of new hotties.
    They look disturbingly like APA planner hotties. Could it be that you've been mislead?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by stroskey View post
    There seems to be this perception that call centers are all staffed by hotties but I'm not convinced of it. Now if you were talking pharmaceutical sales rep I would have to say there is no such thing as one who scores below a 9.5 on the hotness scale.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    There seems to be this perception that call centers are all staffed by hotties but I'm not convinced of it. Now if you were talking pharmaceutical sales rep I would have to say there is no such thing as one who scores below a 9.5 on the hotness scale.
    They hire former college cheerleaders. Seriously.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2004
    There’s a local developer called “[company name] Realty Advisors”. I cannot look at that name without automatically transposing it in my mind to: [company name] Reality Advisors. I get the urge to call them up sometimes….
    Me: “Hello, is this [company name]?”
    Them: “yes it is, how may we help you?”
    Me: “Um, the voices have been getting more and more persistent today. I’m not sure if it’s the dog next door who is communicating with me telepathically, or if it’s beings from an alternate universe, but they keep telling me they plan to take over. At first I didn’t believe what I was hearing, but my disbelief is being shaken. Yesterday, they kept saying the number ‘129……129…..129…’ I walked into a sporting goods store this morning and I’ll be damned – there was a pistol that cost $129! What does it mean? I’ll be honest I’m living in fear right now and I just want to know if this is really happening! What do you think?”
    Them: *CLICK*

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Now if you were talking pharmaceutical sales rep I would have to say there is no such thing as one who scores below a 9.5 on the hotness scale.
    Barney Stinson agrees.

"Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Barney Stinson agrees.

I love Barney.

Can't wait for the new season to start.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Closed thread
Page 153 of 374 FirstFirst ... 143 152 153 154 163 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141