Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Closed thread
Page 166 of 374 FirstFirst ... 156 165 166 167 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    I just saw a list of some of the mistakes that the replacement refs had during yesterday's football games. I know I could not do any better, but it shows how important the regular refs are to the game.
    Holy smokes did you see last nights game? These replacement refs are going to destroy this season.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Everyone is home now and the big challenge of the day will be capturing the little for a visit to the feline torture chamber veterinarian.
    Our cat enjoys his trips to the vet. It gives him another venue to bite and scratch people. His veterinarian file reportedly has the word "feisty" in it.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Holy smokes did you see last nights game? These replacement refs are going to destroy this season.
    Blame the NFL, not the replacement refs. Unless lots of people boycott the games, NFL products & sponsors, it's not going to hurt the owners. Even then, they've still got the tv contracts and the pre-sold season tickets. OTOH, you might think of it as the best chance for some really terrible teams to get to the playoffs. And betting on games is a lot more interesting.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    That sickening feeling that you just lost 5 days of work because word corrupted your document...
    Excel and I have had a couple of rounds in the ring. I save religiously now after being hosed one too many times.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    Excel and I have had a couple of rounds in the ring. I save religiously now after being hosed one too many times.
    It's not a saving thing. It's that the FINAL save I did, after I was all done, somehow got corrupted in the XML somewhere. My IT guy managed to save my comments and my track changes so I at least have the large chunks of text I wrote, but not the little things or the editing, that will be hard to match up. Unless someone knows how to match a track changes XML to an original document I'll be trying to reinvent what I did in 5 days in about a half a day.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    It's not a saving thing. It's that the FINAL save I did, after I was all done, somehow got corrupted in the XML somewhere. My IT guy managed to save my comments and my track changes so I at least have the large chunks of text I wrote, but not the little things or the editing, that will be hard to match up. Unless someone knows how to match a track changes XML to an original document I'll be trying to reinvent what I did in 5 days in about a half a day.
    Definitely will earn your break this week at NCAPA!

PS-In my transition to my new phone I seem to have lost your # I'm PM you mine.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    And betting on games is a lot more interesting.
    That's no joke. Imagine having the Packers -3.5 last night

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    MLB umpires make more, NBA officials make more, and even NHL officials get more.
    NHL does not surprise me. Think about how hard it is to avoid the puck, the players, and skate backwards fast enough to keep your eye on the game. Unlike many other sports, you can't dive out of bounds to avoid the play. You just go up against the boards like the rest of them.
    If you're not growing, you're dying. - Lou Holtz

Registered
    Apr 2006
    If they were going to remake the TV show "The Wonder Years" the show would be set in 1992. (Show set in 1968 and firest aired in 1988).
    "You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it,..." -Bane

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I have re-found my love for Swedish fish. They are going to be my downfall....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    If they were going to remake the TV show "The Wonder Years" the show would be set in 1992. (Show set in 1968 and firest aired in 1988).
    Wow... that is messed up... I am old.
    If you're not growing, you're dying. - Lou Holtz

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Rainy days and Wednesdays always get me downnnnnn...

Yes, I know the correct day is Monday. The only Wednesday song I can think of is an obscure Undertones single ("Wednesday Week"), and an early Elvis Costello song with the same name.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    So would the theme song be right here/right now by Van Halen? Or how about some Pearl Jam thrown in there... or even better, these guys:

No Signature Required

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    So would the theme song be right here/right now by Van Halen? Or how about some Pearl Jam thrown in there... or even better, these guys:

One of the first CDs I ever owned...
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post

Will make you....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Will make you....
    Jump! Jump!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Jump! Jump!
    It took 26 minutes.... I am appalled...

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Last night's dream involved a fairly extensive makeout session with Jimmy Fallon. In the dream he was a really good kisser. In real life I can't stand him.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    no more pie before bed for you dandy!

Registered
    Mar 2007
    My wife has had her new car for about a week and scraped the side of the garage on her way in to it this morning. It doesn't even have 100 miles on it yet, but it now has some custom pinstriping .
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    My wife has had her new car for about a week and scraped the side of the garage on her way in to it this morning. It doesn't even have 100 miles on it yet, but it now has some custom pinstriping .
    Ouch. Well at least she got it out of the way. The worst part about having a new car is the anxiety about when you're going to get your first dent or ding.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    More pie dandy! More pie for you!
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Last night's dream involved a fairly extensive makeout session with Jimmy Fallon. In the dream he was a really good kisser. In real life I can't stand him.
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    More pie dandy! More pie for you!
    It was the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cinnamon Icing not pie.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    I think dandy should keep a regular dream log... right here, on Cyburbia, for our entertainment.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Just had some dry roasted cayenne almonds from austiNuts, Tasty and addictive. I'm hiding them from me. We'll see how that works.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Closed thread
Page 166 of 374 FirstFirst ... 156 165 166 167 176 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 01 Jan 2014, 12:58 AM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 01 Jan 2012, 12:53 AM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 7:05 AM