Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 174 of 374 FirstFirst ... 164 173 174 175 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    May 2004
    The the local news is reporting a somewhat unusual DUI arrest. The driver was observed swerving on the main street in town and fled when the police attempted to pull her over. she drove really fast for about a mile, then into the parking lot of a Safeway grocery store and crashed into the building. Officers then observed her jump out of the vehicle and climb underneath and yell "I've been hit". she then preceded to tell the police that she was an innocent bystander who just got run over. Unfortunately the police video apparently shows the whole escapade. Pretty nice try though don't you think?
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    The the local news is reporting a somewhat unusual DUI arrest. The driver was observed swerving on the main street in town and fled when the police attempted to pull her over. she drove really fast for about a mile, then into the parking lot of a Safeway grocery store and crashed into the building. Officers then observed her jump out of the vehicle and climb underneath and yell "I've been hit". she then preceded to tell the police that she was an innocent bystander who just got run over. Unfortunately the police video apparently shows the whole escapade. Pretty nice try though don't you think?
    Oh, Hell Yes! A for effort and creativity! It could be that some people think more clearly under the influence....

Wha?!?? Just watched the video. That's Ray-Ray's old lady, Man! Ray-Ray's old lady! Shut up! I'm not callin' him! You know what he's like when she gets like this!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Holy. Shit. This woman just looked at my online dating profile.

By the way, guess where she's from?

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Well, at least she knows what she wants.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Lingering effects (coughing) of a head cold have me up for the day today at 1:20 a.m. I thought 3 a.m. the other day was bad! Hopefully I can take a nap after RJ goes to work...

Registered
    Jan 2005

She seems like she would be one to go with the flow. I say pursue that.... but not too fast, or too slow. I mean you wouldn't want to piss her off...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Holy crap there is so much going on with just this page I don't know where to begin with my randomness

Registered
    Feb 2004
    My wife’s grandfather passed away at the ripe old age of 93 about five years ago. Funeral and estate matters I recall were a rushed affair at the time and most of his worldly possessions ended up sitting in a pile in my in-law’s basement. My MIL was on us for months about getting some of the stuff outta there. So we recently acquiesced and ended up taking most of it down to Goodwill. Since he was about the same size as me I managed to get a couple of clothing items out of the deal; a tuxedo and hand made suit jacket (circa 1973). I also got three pairs of athletic/running/sneakers/tennis/trainers-whatever the heck you call ‘em shoes that appeared to have never been worn. I wore one of the pairs of shoes while running errands recently and got a few double takes. Let me explain…they’re a pair of mint-condition white Nike Air Trainers that were purchased in 1989. Kinda unusual seeing someone wearing a pair of 23 year old gym shoes that look like they came right out of the box.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

This is a new one: request for assistance from a citizen. In the same-named city in a different state. The chance to make some wise-crack reply is so tempting...
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I may have lost my passion for soccer or at least misplaced it.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    …they’re a pair of mint-condition white Nike Air Trainers that were purchased in 1989. Kinda unusual seeing someone wearing a pair of 23 year old gym shoes that look like they came right out of the box.
    You probably could've made some good $$$ on E-bay with those...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    You probably could've made some good $$$ on E-bay with those...
    I probably still could. I've only worn them twice. Hmmmmm.....

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I have started a rubber band ball. Not sure if that is a good thing or not, but it does act as a nice stress reliever.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I did for a couple of years and now it's back. Don't force it. Control and pass. The ball will come back to you.

It's Friday and that has put a smile on my face.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Well, at least she knows what she wants.
    Well, she's hot for her age. Even then, profile text like this has more red flags than a Juche parade in downtown Pyongyang.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Well, she's hot for her age. Even then, profile text like this has more red flags than a Juche parade in downtown Pyongyang.

Nice. Point to the supreme leader.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I know that feeling. The last marathon that I ran was in the rain with temperatures in the upper 30's. It was such a miserable experience that I never was able to get back my enjoyment of running after that. Injuries from a later fall off a ladder sealed the no more running deal.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Today I was reimbursed $30 out of our petty cash for a small conference attendance and lunch fee from last week. That's the first time I've ever been reimbursed from petty cash instead of it going to my paycheck. I know in the end it is a wash but it was sort of cool getting the cash from our administrative assistant.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Feb 2004
    chili sounds good today.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    chili sounds good today.
    Just be careful with chili sounds tomorrow.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    This is a new one: request for assistance from a citizen. In the same-named city in a different state. The chance to make some wise-crack reply is so tempting...
    We get that alot of that here as well. We share a new with a large CA city and county. It's fun to tell them "wrong one".
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hot + crazy can be fun (for a time)...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    May 2004

I wonder why she is still single.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    Hot + crazy can be fun (for a time)...
    Been there. The "for a time" was short-lived, in my experience. My "hot and crazy" woman had more baggage than the unclaimed luggage department at JFK International Airport. And more nuts than the can of mixed nuts I got at Costco. And required more maintenance than a MG.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    Been there. The "for a time" was short-lived, in my experience. My "hot and crazy" woman had more baggage than the unclaimed luggage department at JFK International Airport. And more nuts than the can of mixed nuts I got at Costco. And required more maintenance than a MG.
    Ditto - I was speaking from experience. Looking back, I was damn lucky to get out of it with sustaining major damage.

Closed thread
Page 174 of 374 FirstFirst ... 164 173 174 175 184 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141