Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 175 of 374 FirstFirst ... 165 174 175 176 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

  1. #4351
    Cyburbian imaplanner's avatar
    Registered
    May 2004
    Location
    Snarkville
    Posts
    6,588
    For some random unknown reason as I was typing up a staff report I just got a strong desire to watch Animal House.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

  2. #4352
    Cyburbian terraplnr's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2005
    Location
    American Riviera
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Holy. Shit. This woman just looked at my online dating profile.



    By the way, guess where she's from?

    She should just visit a sperm bank to make her NEW WHITE baby and save everyone a lot of grief (except the poor kid).

  3. #4353
    Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Location
    De Noc
    Posts
    17,830
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    For some random unknown reason as I was typing up a staff report I just got a strong desire....
    Not to put a cover sheet on it.
    and watch Office Space instead.
    Last edited by JNA; 12 Oct 2012 at 2:15 PM.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)


    Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

  4. #4354
    Chairman of the bored Maister's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on my 15 minute break
    Posts
    17,881
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    She should just visit a sperm bank to make her NEW WHITE baby and save everyone a lot of grief (except the poor kid).
    I mean if one was intentionally trying to drive men as far away as possible with a personal ad, hers would constitute an admirable effort.

    Hmmm...if you [throbbing brain] were trying to design a personal ad intended to repel the greatest number of potential mates possible what would you write?
    Last edited by Maister; 12 Oct 2012 at 2:38 PM.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

  5. #4355
    Cyburbian Plus dandy_warhol's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Location
    meh.
    Posts
    8,339
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    I know that feeling. The last marathon that I ran was in the rain with temperatures in the upper 30's. It was such a miserable experience that I never was able to get back my enjoyment of running after that. Injuries from a later fall off a ladder sealed the no more running deal.
    Sorry to hear that. I feel a bit lost without the enjoyment. Maybe Planit is right and it will come back but at the moment it makes me sad.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

  6. #4356
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wherever
    Posts
    1,181
    Trying to figure this one out. How can a government win the Nobel Peace Prize? A newly elected president was bad enough but I think this tops it.

    BBC - Nobel Peace Prize awarded to European Union

  7. #4357
    Chairman of the bored Maister's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on my 15 minute break
    Posts
    17,881
    Quote Originally posted by Blide View post
    Trying to figure this one out. How can a government win the Nobel Peace Prize? A newly elected president was bad enough but I think this tops it.

    BBC - Nobel Peace Prize awarded to European Union
    I don't think the EU technically qualifies as a government itself. Kinda like how NATO is not actually a government, but rather a supernational organization.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

  8. #4358
    OH....IO Hink's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hang on Sloopy...land
    Posts
    9,808
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I don't think the EU technically qualifies as a government itself. Kinda like how NATO is not actually a government, but rather a supernatural organization.
    You mean like the Justice League or the X-Men?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

  9. #4359
    Chairman of the bored Maister's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on my 15 minute break
    Posts
    17,881
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    You mean like the Justice League or the X-Men?
    Exactly. Germany is to the EU as Superman is to the Justice League.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

  10. #4360
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wherever
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Exactly. Germany is to the EU as Superman is to the Justice League.
    So is Greece Aquaman?

  11. #4361
    Cyburbian ofos's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Slightly Off-Center
    Posts
    8,259
    Quote Originally posted by Blide View post
    So is Greece Aquaman?
    Mmmmph..Aaaaack...spews coffee on keyboard.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

  12. #4362
    Cyburbian imaplanner's avatar
    Registered
    May 2004
    Location
    Snarkville
    Posts
    6,588
    Quote Originally posted by Blide View post
    Trying to figure this one out. How can a government win the Nobel Peace Prize? A newly elected president was bad enough but I think this tops it.

    BBC - Nobel Peace Prize awarded to European Union
    The way I figure it - and same with Obama winning it - is that there just isn't alot of peace going on so the pickings are pretty slim. Gotta give an award to someone.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

  13. #4363
    Cyburbian Plus Zoning Goddess's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 1999
    Location
    400 miles from Orlando
    Posts
    13,747
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    chili sounds good today.
    I made a big batch for dinner the other night, and had some leftovers for lunch today. Too bad I haven't been able to taste anything for days.

    Tonight I am making chicken marsala with a new quiche recipe for a side. Quiche recipe came from our buddie Budgie. He swears RJ won't be able to put his fork down once he tastes it.

  14. #4364
    Cyburbian Plus Zoning Goddess's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 1999
    Location
    400 miles from Orlando
    Posts
    13,747
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    I made a big batch for dinner the other night, and had some leftovers for lunch today. Too bad I haven't been able to taste anything for days.

    Tonight I am making chicken marsala with a new quiche recipe for a side. Quiche recipe came from our buddie Budgie. He swears RJ won't be able to put his fork down once he tastes it.
    RJ said Budgie's quiche was really good. I'll try it again when I can taste it.

  15. #4365
    Cyburbian Plus Zoning Goddess's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 1999
    Location
    400 miles from Orlando
    Posts
    13,747
    Any Cybs planning on attending the "Million Muppet March"?

    http://theclicker.today.com/_news/20...t-and-pbs?lite

    I know my brother would go if he could. He's 53 and The Muppets is still his favorite t.v. show of all time...

  16. #4366
    Cyburbian Plus Zoning Goddess's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 1999
    Location
    400 miles from Orlando
    Posts
    13,747
    Poor RJ; he waited all day to see the 49ers play, and 15 minutes into the game, fell asleep. Hope he catches some of the second half...

  17. #4367
    Cyburbian donk's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2001
    Location
    skating on thin ice
    Posts
    6,958
    I'm still alive and think about this place occasion.

    You guys got me through a real rough phase of my life, but things now are sooooo different and busy.

    Thanks
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

  18. #4368
    Cyburbia Administrator Dan's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 1996
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    14,565
    Blog entries
    3
    Quote Originally posted by donk View post
    I'm still alive and think about this place occasion.

    You guys got me through a real rough phase of my life, but things now are sooooo different and busy.

    Thanks
    Glad to see you still around!

    We're going to move from vBulletin to Invision Power Board in December or January, and redesign the site. Hopefully, it'll help breathe some new life into the place.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

  19. #4369
    Super Moderator kjel's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wishing I were in Asia somewhere!
    Posts
    9,752
    Blog entries
    5

    Did you miss me?

    I'm baaaaaack! Did you miss me? Did you even know I was gone??

    Spent a fabulous 8 days in the Dominican Republic visiting my other half's parents and extended family. Had a great time, the baby was well loved, and enjoyed being pretty much unplugged. My other half comes from a very small town in the middle of the country and it was neat to see where the family was from, his grandmother's house and farm where 12 children were raised and 52 grandchildren spent their summers. I met countless relatives young and old and many lifelong family friends of his. Photos on Facebook if you are interested

    Back to work tomorrow and my 72 emails.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

  20. #4370
    Cyburbia Administrator Dan's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 1996
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    14,565
    Blog entries
    3
    Anyone else see this live?



    We homo sapiens are a remarkable species.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

  21. #4371
    Cyburbian Plus Zoning Goddess's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 1999
    Location
    400 miles from Orlando
    Posts
    13,747
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Anyone else see this live?



    We homo sapiens are a remarkable species.
    With my fear of heights? No way!

  22. #4372
    Chairman of the bored Maister's avatar
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on my 15 minute break
    Posts
    17,881
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Holy. Shit. This woman just looked at my online dating profile.
    ***** Warning: worthless generalization to follow *******

    You ever notice how females tend to be more picky and demanding when it comes to mate selection? With guys it tends to work more along the lines of 'say, she's pretty smart and she's got a big rack....probably should set a wedding date....'
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

  23. #4373
    Cyburbian beach_bum's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2007
    Location
    the old north state
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    ***** Warning: worthless generalization to follow *******

    You ever notice how females tend to be more picky and demanding when it comes to mate selection? With guys it tends to work more along the lines of 'say, she's pretty smart and she's got a big rack....probably should set a wedding date....'
    I'd say the pickiness is warranted
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

  24. #4374
    Cyburbian Planit's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Posts
    7,115
    Going to the orthopedic guy today for a recon mission on my knees...wish me luck!


    Thanks for the email beach_bum...that is so true!
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

  25. #4375
    Cyburbian Plus dandy_warhol's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Location
    meh.
    Posts
    8,339
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    I'm baaaaaack! Did you miss me? Did you even know I was gone??

    Spent a fabulous 8 days in the Dominican Republic visiting my other half's parents and extended family. Had a great time, the baby was well loved, and enjoyed being pretty much unplugged. My other half comes from a very small town in the middle of the country and it was neat to see where the family was from, his grandmother's house and farm where 12 children were raised and 52 grandchildren spent their summers. I met countless relatives young and old and many lifelong family friends of his. Photos on Facebook if you are interested

    Back to work tomorrow and my 72 emails.
    Welcome back. Glad you had a great time.









    I have a horrible case of the Mondays.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Closed thread
Page 175 of 374 FirstFirst ... 165 174 175 176 185 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

  1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141
    Last post: 03 Jan 2007, 5:27 PM