Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 180 of 374 FirstFirst ... 170 179 180 181 190 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

in Nate22's honor: a haiku

Okay here's the thing:
    I wanna be someone's sockpuppet
    Oh is that so wrong

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    It appears Nate22 is the new sasksaab (and sasksaab disappeared)
    Well sasksaab had his 15 minutes of internet fame. He's probably field dressing a moose or something.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jul 2006
    It appears Nate22 is the new sasksaab (and sasksaab disappeared)
    When you lure them out of hiding, this is what happens.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I WISH I could have a selection of sockpuppets. I could get into 'arguments' with my sock puppet - the straw man sock puppet always saying foolish/unsupportable things and 'Maister' always the dispassionate embodiment of rational thinking....(sigh)
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Once a week, the same car shows up in our parking lot. I've never seen the person/people arrive or leave but the car alarm goes off over and over and over. They must know that the *&*(T$^(*&(*&$ thing does that. Wouldn't you think they'd have it fixed or disabled?

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I WISH I could have a selection of sockpuppets. I could get into 'arguments' with my sock puppet - the straw man sock puppet always saying foolish/unsupportable things and 'Maister' always the dispassionate embodiment of rational thinking....(sigh)
    Don't you mean "a binder full of _______ " ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Don't you mean "a binder full of _______ " ?
    I fail to understand you Americans and your notions of humour. Sorry.

Canada is a place of infinite promise. We like the people, and if one ever had to emigrate, this would be the destination, not the U.S.A. The hills, lakes and forests make it a place of peace and repose of the mind, such as one never finds in the U.S.A.
    -- John Maynard Keynes

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Tomorrow I have to meet with a Korean delegation who apparently has an interest in sustainable affordable housing. No, I do not know what the hell the meeting is about, nor do a care. The ED is making me go because my director cannot. I asked my director what is about and she said "Fcuk if I know. You think they tell me things like that?"

9:30 am.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    Tomorrow I have to meet with a Korean delegation who apparently has an interest in sustainable affordable housing. No, I do not know what the hell the meeting is about, nor do a care. The ED is making me go because my director cannot. I asked my director what is about and she said "Fcuk if I know. You think they tell me things like that?"

9:30 am.
    Sounds like you need to read up on EB-5 Visas before that meeting.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dw914er View post
    I have a yoohoo milk and weather in the mid 70's with clear skies.
    Deal.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2007
    After sitting in a courtroom for five and a half hours, it looks like my lifelong dream of being a juror will have to continue on unfulfilled. I didn't even make it to the point in the process where I get asked the questions.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Just got this email, it's too well written not to share.

The Better Business Bureau has gotten the above-referenced complaint from one of your patronage concerning their dealings with you.
    The ins of the customer's pretension are included on the reverse.
    Please overview this issue and report us of your position.
    As a neutral bystander, the Better Business Bureau can help to authorize the issue. Often pretensions are a result of misunderstandings a company wants to know about and proper.
    We encourage you to use our ONLINE PRETENSE system to respond this complaint.
    The following URL (website address) below will take you direct to this claim and you will be able to enter your response immediately on our website:

(I've deleted the URL, it said it was BBB but of course was pointed off to a site probably in Eastern Europe)

On a website please enter your complain id: S3512433 to overview it.
    I can't even decide which line is my favorite. Oh, the title of the email was "BBB Compliant".

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    After sitting in a courtroom for five and a half hours, it looks like my lifelong dream of being a juror will have to continue on unfulfilled. I didn't even make it to the point in the process where I get asked the questions.
    I got called for a capital murder case along with 99 other people. We had to sit in a room and fill out a 20 page questionnaire about everything on the planet. I was called back for an interview by the prosecutor and defense counsel. I was not selected.

My other jury call was the regular herd call and I was dismissed by noon on all 5 days. My high school calculus teacher was in the herd I also knew one of the defendants. I went to high school with him...that was an early dismissal.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Just got this email, it's too well written not to share.

I can't even decide which line is my favorite. Oh, the title of the email was "BBB Compliant".
    Thanks! I needed that!

So are you going to establish online pretense with the BBB? Going is for you good?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Thanks! I needed that!

So are you going to establish online pretense with the BBB? Going is for you good?
    "Often pretensions are a result of misunderstandings..." Now that's truth in advertising.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Bored and lonely, Lonely and bored. Only my plans keep me company this afternoon and they're no fun right now. I want to play cowboy or astronaut and they just want to sit there being drawings. Selfish bastard drawings.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Just got this email, it's too well written not to share....I can't even decide which line is my favorite. Oh, the title of the email was "BBB Compliant".
    That is amazingly awesome and terrible, all at once. Its like a party in my brain and everyone's invited! Perhaps the after-party can be at the Online Pretense Bar and Grill (just be sure to bring your Complain ID. Its a private affair and you won't be allowed in without it). Please report me of your position!
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

Only in [name that town]

A citizen testifies on a proposed ordinance change

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...30255016_n.jpg

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Must. Get. Some. Sleep.

My little guy is great at sleeping... during the day. Not so much at night.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    In the last 3 days, we have visited the lovely/sometimes crunchy downtowns of CA towns Santa Rosa, Healdsburg, Petaluma, and St Helena. Nice to stroll around and dine, but shopping? A simple scarf on a mannequin in St Helena, $585?

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    I've been called twice in the 23 years I've been eligible, and I was excused both times without having to set foot in the courthouse. My wife, on the other hand, has served several times, including on a federal district court jury.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Does the contemporary short story still have a place in today's world of literature?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Watkins Glen.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Does the contemporary short story still have a place in today's world of literature?
    How can you ask that!?!? I'm going to go ahead and assume from everything else I know about you that you are a FAN of the short story, right?

I think they do. But I'm a dufus with a short attention span and I like mysteries and ghost stories (which are really great in big compilations of short stories....) so I'm biased.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    How can you ask that!?!? I'm going to go ahead and assume from everything else I know about you that you are a FAN of the short story, right?

I think they do. But I'm a dufus with a short attention span and I like mysteries and ghost stories (which are really great in big compilations of short stories....) so I'm biased.
    Now that 've cleared out all that nasty beezer, skeezer, Weezer nonsense we can get back to the important random matter at hand....

ursus, I confess I don't actually read. not even a short story. Ever. I just like to drop an occasional literary reference (always provided by someone else) in the hope that it gives me a veneer of sophistication or respectability. Is it working?

Closed thread
Page 180 of 374 FirstFirst ... 170 179 180 181 190 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 01 Jan 2014, 12:58 AM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 01 Jan 2012, 12:53 AM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 7:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141