Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 196 of 374 FirstFirst ... 186 195 196 197 206 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    May 2005
    I think I may tie one on tonight.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    FML. MRI results are in. ACL tear, PCL is lax, meniscus is degenerative, cartilage is thin, and there are "metallic artifacts" in the knee.

I am very lucky and blessed but this sucks b.a.l.l.s.
    That is deeply crappy. But your supportive friends are here for you. : Here's some pain killers. Edit: there was supposed to be a picture of two beers here. Fail.

Metallic artifacts, eh? Shrapnel? Bet you can come up some good stories about that.

My son has four very noticeable round, depressed scars where his external fixator was located when he fractured his femur years ago. He likes to tell classmates the scars are from a shooting, but he can't say it with a straight face.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I like the word nor'easter. Mostly because of my fondness of Billy Joel, but also because I like to use it in sentences improperly....

"My kids like candy. They can get enough on neither Halloween nor Easter".
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I like the word nor'easter. Mostly because of my fondness of Billy Joel, but also because I like to use it in sentences improperly....

"My kids like candy. They can get enough on neither Halloween nor Easter".
    The threat / forecast of one next week is not funny.
    http://dema.delaware.gov/documents/N...r_Briefing.pdf
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2007
    The woman in the cube next to me came running into mine carrying an accordion file folder with a big bug on it yelling, "Kill it! Kill it!" Little did she know that I generally react the same way upon seeing the creepy crawly things. After my initial recoiling though, I did put on a brave face while I slapped the folder out of her hands sending the bug one way and all of her files the other way and then I ground the critter into the carpet with my boot.

I told her she owes me a candy bar.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner View post
    Um, yeah, nevermind!

Get better soon Dandy!
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    Sorry to hear that Dandy. I partially tore my ACL and that knee is loose in the joint. I had to stop playing volleyball and basketball because the knee would slip out. Instead of retiring from soccer, can you coach?
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner View post
    Ooooh, that does suck. What are your options, surgery?
    Thanks, all. Ortho consult most likely won't be for a few weeks because of availability. Most likely the recommendation will be surgery, though after having been through it once I'm not entirely sure I want to do it again. I think going forward the only way I would be involved with soccer would be as a coach for little kids. Another huge stressor is how the possible surgery could affect our attempts to get pregnant.

Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    That is deeply crappy. But your supportive friends are here for you. : Here's some pain killers. Edit: there was supposed to be a picture of two beers here. Fail.

Metallic artifacts, eh? Shrapnel? Bet you can come up some good stories about that.
    Thanks for the invisible beers! Hubby is out of town so I might need to get drunk by myself tonight or eat large quantities of chocolate. I have a theory about the "metallic artifacts" - following my previous ACL surgery I've always had some swelling in my lower right leg. I had owed the surgeon ~$2k that health insurance didn't cover. I found myself unemployed when the ~2k became due and may or may not have taken some time to consider paying the bill and may or may not have ultimately told the dr's office that I couldn't pay in full and would have to make payments. They never followed up on that offer and the bills stopped coming and the debt never showed up on my credit report. Part of me thinks that the surgeon screwed up during the surgery and left something in my knee - his car keys? - an maybe that's the metallic artifacts. I'm looking forward to seeing the x-ray.

Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    The woman in the cube next to me came running into mine carrying an accordion file folder with a big bug on it yelling, "Kill it! Kill it!" Little did she know that I generally react the same way upon seeing the creepy crawly things. After my initial recoiling though, I did put on a brave face while I slapped the folder out of her hands sending the bug one way and all of her files the other way and then I ground the critter into the carpet with my boot.

I told her she owes me a candy bar.
    hee hee.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Why do some people talk through their nose like that? That's so distracting!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    We are off to the last Friday Fest of the year in a few minutes. Current weather sure beats the heat and humidity of the Friday Fests from June through September.

EDIT: I want to take this opportunity to apologize for having only 151 posts in RTs. I'll try to do better over the next couple of months.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Friday rush hour.

Wagner Coffee Porter.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Yowza! I took the dog for a walk this afternoon and discovered it was much colder than I thought. Time to get the coats out of the closet... and mittens. < closest icon I could find

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Thanks for the invisible beers! Hubby is out of town so I might need to get drunk by myself tonight or eat large quantities of chocolate.
    Perhaps one of these might be of some assistance:

http://beer.about.com/od/beerrecomme...ebeerpicks.htm

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Friday rush hour.

Was this picture taken through your windshield? Do you have a secret method? Pictures through my windshield always look like pictures through a windshield.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Yowza! I took the dog for a walk this afternoon and discovered it was much colder than I thought. Time to get the coats out of the closet... and mittens. < closest icon I could find
    Veloise this. When did we get that icon??

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    It's cooled down dramatically over the past week. Forecast says maybe some snow later next week. I will not be amused nor will a few million of my neighbors.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I think it's gotten to that point in the year where I need to amp back the pool pump hours and adjust the chemicals in the hot tub. So much for my goal of swimming on Thanksgiving Day this year.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I feel for all the runners who have trained and traveled to participate in the now cancelled NYC Marathon. I think it was the proper decision to cancel this year's race but I can understand the frustration and disappointment by some runners. There is an article in the NY TImes regarding the decision that states that some international runners have spent close to $7000 for travel related to the race.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    I feel for all the runners who have trained and traveled to participate in the now cancelled NYC Marathon. I think it was the proper decision to cancel this year's race but I can understand the frustration and disappointment by some runners. There is an article in the NY TImes regarding the decision that states that some international runners have spent close to $7000 for travel related to the race.
    Things I will never understand.
    How they can slap together a charity concert in 4 days and also that it took 4 days to decide to cancel the marathon. That should have been a day one hour one decision.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    Things I will never understand.
    How they can slap together a charity concert in 4 days and also that it took 4 days to decide to cancel the marathon. That should have been a day one hour one decision.
    Yep, a lot of the negative comments about the cancellation are aimed at the short notice rather than the fact that it was cancelled. One article I read mentioned that 40,000 of the 47,000 runners (granted many runners are local) were in the NYC area when the cancellation was announced.

We just had a brief thunderstorm with pea-sized hail pass through my 'burg.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Have you gotten your seasonal flu shot ?......
    We're getting ours tomorrow.

For some reason Hubby gets annoyed when I call him "Imelda" because of his pile of shoes by the door.
    I need to replace my shoe rack. In a drunken stupor I think I fell on mine and pulled it from the wall in my walk-in closet. Bed, Bath, & Beyond should help me with a replacement system.

EDIT: I had to buy a new backpack. The bottom of my last one blew-out when we were in California. It only lasted me about +20-years. (They just don't make 'em lake the used to.) Got a nice replacement one at the Sam's Club.

EDIT 2: We are looking for a handy-person to do some work around the house to maintain our termite contract. The first guy doesn't do that work anymore....We will keep searching.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    4 squirrels in the backyard enjoying sunflower seeds.

Registered
    Feb 1998
    Daylight Savings is finally over:YEAH! Kids should not have to wait for the school bus in total darkness.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    4 squirrels in the backyard enjoying sunflower seeds.
    A raccoon attacked the ground-level bird feeder that ZG filled with seed yesterday. Raccoons out during the day bother me.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by mike gurnee View post
    Daylight Savings is finally over:YEAH! Kids should not have to wait for the school bus in total darkness.
    Except that the baby woke up at 5am this morning.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Closed thread
Page 196 of 374 FirstFirst ... 186 195 196 197 206 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 01 Jan 2014, 12:58 AM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 01 Jan 2012, 12:53 AM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 7:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141