Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 200 of 374 FirstFirst ... 190 199 200 201 210 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Dan, that is the ultimate office pranking.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jan 2005
    A lady just knocked on my window as she walked by. I am walking around the office a lot more today.... nice productive Tuesday....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2008
    I have to admit that I cheesily wore my red-white-and-blue tie today for election day. Am I so super-cute or what? I am. I want to pinch my own cheek!

OOOOH! New idea for padding posts till 2K. Post # 1991. In "1991" I was in Argentina. I miss 1991.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    I have to admit that I cheesily wore my red-white-and-blue tie today for election day. Am I so super-cute or what? I am. I want to pinch my own cheek!

OOOOH! New idea for padding posts till 2K. Post # 1991. In "1991" I was in Argentina. I miss 1991.
    I wore all black today, fits my mood.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    I wore all black today, fits my mood.
    Why so glum on election day, ofos? This isn't because your last-minute write-in campaign for the US presidency didn't go as well as you planned is it?

post #1992. In 1992 I was back at home and bought my sister's 1989 Chevy Beretta. I know, it's a girl car. Nobody told me and I had been out of the country for a while.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Veloise View post
    Surely this (the evil squirrel attacking the helpless toddler's pumpkin) is the fault of POTUS.
    Not the current one, it was all Bush's fault!

Mike

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Why so glum on election day, ofos? This isn't because your last-minute write-in campaign for the US presidency didn't go as well as you planned is it?

post #1992. In 1992 I was back at home and bought my sister's 1989 Chevy Beretta. I know, it's a girl car. Nobody told me and I had been out of the country for a while.
    LDS Mission ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post

So did I
    Ditto, but two weeks ago!

Mike

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    LDS Mission ?
    I'm not depressed or doing mission work, I have to wear black to tone down my colorful personality. Is anyone buying that? Besides, as the Luddite candidate for FAC Mod, I don't want to offend any latent or practicing photophobes. BTW, when elected, the new position title will be FACtotum.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    May 2004
    almost there.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    likely one of the funniest posts EVER

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Our office is a voting precinct.... that is annoying... I have people walk past my office door all day... gawking. I know I am pretty, but keep walking...
    I was going to have office hours at a client community but to get to my office I would need to walk past the public area. The clerk was worried because it is such a small space, that we decided that I would work from my home office today.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I recently made the switch to lemon tea after a year long affair with very cherry berry tea. The change is refreshing.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Move over Words With Friends, there's a new iPhone addiction in town: Letterpress
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    almost there.
    I think it would be super-cool if your post crossing that milestone were the 5000th post in the RTDNTOTO. You might get asked to speak at one of the conventions next year - depending on your affiliation of course.

1993 - I got married! Not even 23 yrs old at the time! How on earth did we survive? No idea. I guess when you're in love and you have big hair and it's the nineties, you just go with it....

Voted numbers 332 and 333 in my precinct (Mrs.G voted too, so don't get any untoward ideas), then had a nice lunch and a sweet light buzz courtesy of a couple Chimay Trappist 1/2 pints. Doubt that I make it to the calls tonight. Thinking about BUN who would no doubt enjoy the process and have a couple of neat observations about voting in NWOhio...
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    .... Thinking about BUN who would no doubt enjoy the process and have a couple of neat observations about voting in NWOhio...
    Of course with his logistics twist

Even the voter turn out in DeNoc.
    Last edited by JNA; 06 Nov 2012 at 3:06 PM.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I see a red door and I want it painted black
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I see a red door and I want it painted black
    I want to turn my head until my darkness goes.

Remember the TV show Tour of Duty?
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I am in a white room, with black curtains.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001

A little while ago, I saw a woman who had her hair pulled into a bun, and she stuck a US flag (the parade waving size) into the bun. Add a few toy soldiers, and she could have Iwo Jima going on up there.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    A little while ago, I saw a woman who had her hair pulled into a bun, and she stuck a US flag (the parade waving size) into the bun. Add a few toy soldiers, and she could have Iwo Jima going on up there.
    You need an avatar, and that would make a great avatar....I'm just saying.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Going to the Ymca for a workout then I have a meeting tonight. It will not be done until after 10... Should be interesting to see how many people will be looking at smart phones all night.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    Going to the Ymca for a workout then I have a meeting tonight. It will not be done until after 10... Should be interesting to see how many people will be looking at smart phones all night.
    All. The. People. All. Night. Long. It's going to be too close to call. At this point, however, I think the fake election in the FAC is far more compelling, but that's just me and I'm a known goof-off.

We had to bump City Council to tomorrow night because UT law prohibits municipal meetings on election day. I actually get to go to my son's basketball game for a change. Stupid Tuesday night meetings.

Closed thread
Page 200 of 374 FirstFirst ... 190 199 200 201 210 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141