Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 204 of 374 FirstFirst ... 194 203 204 205 214 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Yep. "So at least I got that goin' for me."
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Which is nice.
    yep

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Everyone should do yoga at least once a week...helps keeps me centered mentally and physically. Ommmmmm. Off to lunch time yoga.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by beach_bum View post
    Everyone should do yoga at least once a week...helps keeps me centered mentally and physically. Ommmmmm. Off to lunch time yoga.
    I do yogurt at least once a week...helps keep my center well rounded. Ummmmmm. Off to lunch time yogurt.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2004
    ....9:00 - 9:15 - cackle maniacally
    9:15 - 9:30 - twirl moustache
    9:30 - 10:00 - talk to realtor about putting a bid on inactive volcano site for possible lair
    10:00 - 10:15 - chastise henchmen and monologue about how I shall soon control the world
    10:15 - 10:45 - power nap.....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    If you have never had Penn Station you should. Although a bit greasy, it is good sub food.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    It is freezing in my office. There is something wrong with the boiler.

I am tired of Mother Nature.

I am hungry for lunch.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Yep. "So at least I got that goin' for me."
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Which is nice.
    Ah, to quote "Caddyshack". Sweet.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Maister posted a nasty picture of jello and ruined the perfectly good taste in my mouth of delicious indian food.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    Mom! Maister posted a nasty picture of jello and ruined the perfectly good taste in my mouth of delicious indian food.
    There, I fixed it for you.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Maister posted a nasty picture of jello and ruined the perfectly good taste in my mouth of delicious indian food.
    TS, Indian food and sitar music. Are you "matching" your diet and listening experiences and if so....what's next?

Hey SWMI that sucks about the accident. So sorry, but do let me assure you that your insurance company probably has some very smart, very tough (and sometimes viciously cynical and cheap) adjusters who will be debunking grandma's claims against you. I used to work with some of these guys. Yikes they are scary. Have no fear.
    Last edited by ursus; 08 Nov 2012 at 2:16 PM.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Gedunker - It's not what you know, it's who you know.

SWMI - sorry to hear, keep good notes

mskis - Harry Carey's in downtown Chi-town is great

beach_bum - I'd love to do luinchtime yoga, but people here think yoga = communism

Hey wait this could have been the start of a 10 Things Thursday posting - d@mn.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    If you have never had Penn Station you should. Although a bit greasy, it is good sub food.
    Yeah, I do miss Penn Station-great subs and fries
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by beach_bum View post
    I missed going to the gym this morning and I already feel like crap. First day missing a workout in almost 2 months.

On the other hand I am sore from the change up in my workout that started on Sunday. I think I over didit the past few days The new program is:
    Day 1: 200 weighted ball crunches; back workout with supersets; 28 min fat burn on elliptical
    Day 2; 200 weighted ball crunches; Arms workout with supersets; 30 min treadmill fat burn
    Day 3; 200 weighted ball crunches; 1 hour cardio on bike
    Day 4; 200 weighted ball crunches; legs workout with supersets; 28 minute fat burn on elliptical
    Day 5; 200 weighted ball crunches; chest workout with supersets; 30 min treadmill fat burn
    Day 6; 200 weighted ball crunches; shoulder workout with supersets; 28 minute fat burn on elliptical
    Day 7; 200 weighted ball crunches; 1 hour cardio on treadmill

The old program was a 3 day split with a day of walking or light jog on track in between.
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner View post
    First car/car accident yesterday - I rear ended a car We were stopped at a light, it turned greeen and everyone started going for about five seconds until the line of cars started braking ahead and she slammed on her breaks and I hit her. Minimal damage to both cars, but shook me the hell up. After it happened, the driver said everyone was ok but her mom's (passenger) neck hurt "a little". Then the ambulance, two cop cars, and FD got there and the moans and crying started. So I am horrified and embarrassed by this, but then pissed if she is exagerating her injuries, then mad at myself for thinking the worse, then scared I'll get sued. Just a jumble of emotions, when in the whole scheme of life it was actually quite minor.
    Thank heavens it wasn't your fault. Heck... you're in Michigan so it's nobody's fault! As long as you have insurance and the other driver has insurance, you should have nothing to worry about.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Yesterday there was a three hour standoff with a suicidal man who had pulled off the road and was holding two knives to his neck, standing next to his car. The police used a robot to close the trunk of his car just in case he had a gun in his trunk. They also used the robot to offer him McDonald’s food. It wouldn’t really make a difference what kind of food it was, but that cracked me up. What kind of mixed message does that send? “We don’t want you to kill yourself, but you’re only worth an Extra Value Meal to us.”

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    Yesterday there was a three hour standoff with a suicidal man who had pulled off the road and was holding two knives to his neck, standing next to his car. The police used a robot to close the trunk of his car just in case he had a gun in his trunk. They also used the robot to offer him McDonald’s food. It wouldn’t really make a difference what kind of food it was, but that cracked me up. What kind of mixed message does that send? “We don’t want you to kill yourself, but you’re only worth an Extra Value Meal to us.”
    Post. Of. The. Day.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    Post. Of. The. Day.
    yep

Registered
    Aug 2005
    *pulls out tiny violin*

My knee hurts.

*smashes violin into wall*
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    This is awesome...

Vice President Joe Biden to guest on 'Parks and Recreation'
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/08/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t3

Come on Ron, give it to him...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    *pulls out tiny violin*

My knee hurts.

*smashes violin into wall*
    Is such violence tolerated here in Cyburbia or is that an acceptable and appropriate response ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Well, this comes as no surprise...

November 8 World Planning Day

November 8 International Stout Day

It is a sign....

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner View post
    First car/car accident yesterday - I rear ended a car We were stopped at a light, it turned greeen and everyone started going for about five seconds until the line of cars started braking ahead and she slammed on her breaks and I hit her. Minimal damage to both cars, but shook me the hell up. After it happened, the driver said everyone was ok but her mom's (passenger) neck hurt "a little". Then the ambulance, two cop cars, and FD got there and the moans and crying started. So I am horrified and embarrassed by this, but then pissed if she is exagerating her injuries, then mad at myself for thinking the worse, then scared I'll get sued. Just a jumble of emotions, when in the whole scheme of life it was actually quite minor.
    Don't beat yourself up about it. You don't have to talk to the other party's insurance rep. Tell them that you gave your report to your company and end the call. They'll call you and call you for a couple of weeks, trying to get a story that favors their client.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    I am thinking of getting back into boxing.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    I am thinking of getting back into boxing.
    I originally thought you posted "getting back into box" and the first thing that popped into my head was this children's book. It's a great read.
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Hink is playing with the buttons. It is pretty fun actually.

Code:
    Don't you think?

Closed thread
Page 204 of 374 FirstFirst ... 194 203 204 205 214 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 01 Jan 2014, 12:58 AM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 01 Jan 2012, 12:53 AM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 7:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141