Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 205 of 374 FirstFirst ... 195 204 205 206 215 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Nov 2009
    It is kind of odd being on a time zone with other people here in Cyburbia. I'm use to everyone vacating the threads by about 10am my time.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    I originally thought you posted "getting back into box" and the first thing that popped into my head was this children's book. It's a great read.
    Looks like a cool book... but no. I was thinking of getting back in the ring... even if it is square... with the goal on knocking someone out. I did it for a few years in college and had a great time... then there was an incident outside of a bar and I stopped boxing.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    It is kind of odd being on a time zone with other people here in Cyburbia. I'm use to everyone vacating the threads by about 10am my time.
    That is the best part about being in the the Eastern Time Zone. The world revolves around us....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    That is the best part about being in the the Eastern Time Zone. The world revolves around us....
    Unless you have a night meeting... then your day does not end until 10pm... or 11ish...

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    This is awesome...

Vice President Joe Biden to guest on 'Parks and Recreation'
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/08/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t3

Come on Ron, give it to him...
    Oh, cool!

I didn't like the show very much at first, but it has grown on me. Or maybe the writing has just improved.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    There'll be no strings to bind your hands

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Niche… is it “nitch” or “neesh”?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Pondering if I should go hunting this year or not.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    neesh
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    neesh
    Agreed.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Neither. "Nish."

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Niche… is it
    Now according to http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/niche it is

ˈnich also ˈnēsh or ˈnish
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Oh cool, now I get to drive home.... maybe I will stop for Wings and Beer.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    The small city where I grew up was having a downtown celebration last night. We bundled SeaMonkey up and put him in his stroller and headed down to visit all the shops. Each one was having an event, like wine tasting or hair consultations, there were door prizes. You get the idea. We invited my parents along for one last fun evening out before they move to TX today.

My dad insisted on sitting down somewhere to eat. He picked the smallest restaurant in town. It was also the busiest. We spent the entire night waiting for a table, then as a party of 8 we smashed into the biggest table they had. The restaurant was so crowded they wouldn't let me bring my stroller inside. And of course, he picked a pizza parlor with literally nothing on the menu that didn't have dairy.

Old people. You have to love them. Nonetheless, we had a wonderful time! I will miss my folks and all their peculiarities! On the brightside, if we have any planners in San Antonio, you will be seeing this family in the near future.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    My dad insisted on sitting down somewhere to eat. He picked the smallest restaurant in town. It was also the busiest. We spent the entire night waiting for a table, then as a party of 8 we smashed into the biggest table they had. The restaurant was so crowded they wouldn't let me bring my stroller inside. And of course, he picked a pizza parlor with literally nothing on the menu that didn't have dairy.
    Ah yes, the ol' dancing in someone else's ballroom. That place was in dad's comfort zone and you probably wanted your folks to be as happy as possible before they left so you went along with it to accommodate. Good for you.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I'm happy it is Friday but have a feeling today is going to draaaaaaaag. It was supposed to be a fairly busy day with meetings/workshops but all have been cancelled/rescheduled so now I have nothing official on the agenda. What to do? What to do? Cyburbia anyone?
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    What to do? What to do? Cyburbia anyone?
    Post early. Post often.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Post early. Post often.
    Post randomly?

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I was planning on organizing my CDBG drawdowns with the finance director but alas she is out today - so it's cyburbia and cleaning my office for me today...

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I went to a fundraiser for our local art theater last night and tasted some decent wines. I had my first muscat - not to be confused with a muskrat as I wanted to call it.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Thanks everyone for the support on the fender bender, finally feeling a little better about it. Not happy about the 2 points on my license or the fact that I lose my accident free discount and my insurance will be going up, but can't do much about that now.

Quote Originally posted by beach_bum View post
    Everyone should do yoga at least once a week...helps keeps me centered mentally and physically. Ommmmmm. Off to lunch time yoga.
    The few times I've done yoga, I was bored, distractable, and antsy. Which probably means I could REALLY benefit from doing it more frequently.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I just got snarky with a woman who has been pestering me for information for "a grant" that was written and the money "was never received" because apparently she received an e-mail from someone who told her that this had occurred and she wants to get to the bottom of it. Who funded the grant? No idea. When was the grant written? No idea. Who wrote the grant? No idea. What was the amount of the grant? Well there are actually two grants one for $50k and one for $2700. What were the grants for? photo equipment and a public broadcast system.

Not the most helpful, I know, but I told her, if you provide me with the information you need I'd be happy to provide you with access to the records but until you know what you're actually looking for then I really can't don't want to help you.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I took the commuter rail into work today. It is much more relaxing than driving in. Would have been a better trip had I not left my coffee at the train station though.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    I took the commuter rail into work today. It is much more relaxing than driving in. Would have been a better trip had I not left my coffee at the train station though.
    For the most part I really enjoyed my time utilizing the LIRR when I lived in Long Island. It was so easy, I really wish the US had a better rail system. I was watching House Hunter recently and there in a small medieval French town was a light rail. Made me jealous.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Heh. I enjoy being right.

Closed thread
Page 205 of 374 FirstFirst ... 195 204 205 206 215 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141