Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 206 of 374 FirstFirst ... 196 205 206 207 216 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    Pondering if I should go hunting this year or not.
    I've never been interested in hunting because I just don't have the patience but lately have been considering pheasant, quail, or wild turkey hunting. Being able to walk around and actually make some noise sounds like it's more up my alley than sitting in a deer blind all morning.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I just don't understand my Klout account

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    I just don't understand my Klout account
    What's a Klout account?
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    My boss is working from home (I think, she's MIA and nothing's on the calendar). I am working on a stupid FAQ for post disaster tenant rights and resources. Nobody cares. Everybody knows that the landlord has to repair your unit and they can't evict you without a court order. All people are interested in is a $300 food stamp card. Seriously. The folks at FEMA asked me why everyone was asking for that when it's not something they provide-I told them in the flooding last year the state gave out one time food stamp allocation to flood victims.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I hate Ronaldo so this made me smile.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    I want to have a fancy-pants holiday party this year, but all my friends said to screw the fancy-pants and we should all wear pajamas.

Cry.
    Pout.
    Stomp.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    This is awesome...

Twitter commandeered by 'Drunk Nate Silver'
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/08/tech/s...html?hpt=hp_c3

Sometimes twitter does cool / funny things. This is funny.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I was watching House Hunter recently and there in a small medieval French town was a light rail. Made me jealous.
    Of the light rail system? Or living in a small medieval French town?

I was really hoping for a quiet, productive morning so I could sneak out to run errands this afternoon... but no. I've been tied up with phone calls and e-mails and investigating potential project opportunities. About all I've accomplished is completing a list of organizations and their websites.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    I want to have a fancy-pants holiday party this year, but all my friends said to screw the fancy-pants and we should all wear pajamas.

Cry.
    Pout.
    Stomp.
    Something from here http://www.victoriassecret.com/sleepwear might meet both criteria.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Something from here http://www.victoriassecret.com/sleepwear might meet both criteria.

I'll be sure to mention that to them.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Of the light rail system? Or living in a small medieval French town?
    Both! I would be happy to have light rail and even happier if I were living in a small medieval French town (during modern times with a job with a decent salary!)

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    This is awesome...

Hee hee

Drunk Nate Silver shouting at jukebox blasting Biggie, "No! Mo money only correlates with a 42% chance of mo problems!" #drunknatesilver
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    This is awesome...

Awesomeness.

#DrunkNateSilver knows precisely how many boys your milkshake will bring to the yard (spoiler: not all of them)
    Drunk Nate Silver stumbles through traffic on the Jersey Turnpike, screaming out what time each driver will get home. #DrunkNateSilver
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Dec 2008
    That "Drunk Nate Silver" stuff is just brilliant. Brilliant!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Dec 2008
    And now, back to your regularly scheduled Randomality. (Stupid spellchecker, "randomality" is too a word.)
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I'm afraid to post in here, being split off like this...it feels so...so...violent to me - like I need a shower now or something...can I shut this down somehow (okay, we need to stop those jokes I know)

I sort of feel like this:

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Who is going to start the 2013 RTDNTORO?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I vote for Dan... if it can't be Bear, it should be the highest ranking official. Unless Dan can log on as Bear and have him start the thread...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2004
    That's a very good question. I've been thinking about that. I'm open to ideas
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008
    That's a good question. Would it be weird if Dan activated BUN's account and "sock-puppet" started the new thread each year? Is that weird? I'm not sure...

edit: Just saw when I posted that Hink had the same thought. I feel less weird!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    That's a good question. Would it be weird if Dan activated BUN's account and "sock-puppet" started the new thread each year? Is that weird? I'm not sure...

No. You should always feel weird. If you didn't that would be weird.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    I'm afraid to post in here, being split off like this...it feels so...so...violent to me - like I need a shower now or something...can I shut this down somehow (okay, we need to stop those jokes I know)

I sort of feel like this:

That's my favorite cartoon. Of all time. Are you trying to make me think you're super cool and I should adore you? Because you know it's not really necessary to pull out the world's greatest cartoon to do that but it is a nice touch...

Registered
    Nov 2009

Randomality

I think I have come down with a case of Randomotosis.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    I think I have come down with a case of Randomotosis.
    You are as gracious as you are lovely and brilliant. Even in your Randomality.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I vote for Dan... if it can't be Bear, it should be the highest ranking official. Unless Dan can log on as Bear and have him start the thread...
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    That's a very good question. I've been thinking about that. I'm open to ideas
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post

I think logging on as BUN would be weird. However, honoring BUN in or with the thread might be a nice touch.

Closed thread
Page 206 of 374 FirstFirst ... 196 205 206 207 216 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141