Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 207 of 374 FirstFirst ... 197 206 207 208 217 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    We appreciate randomatic posts. On any topic. Really we do.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    That's a good question. Would it be weird if Dan activated BUN's account and "sock-puppet" started the new thread each year? Is that weird? I'm not sure...

edit: Just saw when I posted that Hink had the same thought. I feel less weird!
    I had the very same thought as well.

It would be cool if it was actually in Bear's own words....Hmmm I wonder if we took one of his actual opening posts where he kicked off a previous RT thread and we split that off into a new RTDNTOTO8 thread. I'm sure it would work, but that will only work a few times.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Mutherfecker. So my attorneys just informed me that they would like to close on my refinance the 19th or 20th - which is when Hubby and I will be in Wisconsin with the inlaws for Turkey Day. Apparently my rate expires on the 26th. Feck. Feck. Feck.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Good luck with that dandy. Sounds like a headache. Maybe they can get it done next week instead.

I'm getting a new winter hairdo on the 24th. I'm not sure I can wait that long. My hair is entirely too long and blonde and is starting to look stringy. The 24th cannot come fast enough.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Mutherfecker. So my attorneys just informed me that they would like to close on my refinance the 19th or 20th - which is when Hubby and I will be in Wisconsin with the inlaws for Turkey Day. Apparently my rate expires on the 26th. Feck. Feck. Feck.
    Could you provide your attorney with an official power of attorney letter and let them do the closing on your behalf? I know when we bought our house, the folks we were buying from had moved to Texas and didn't come back for the closing and had somebody else do it for them. I imagine things are not too much different for a refi, but then again, I imagine a lot of things...
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Could you provide your attorney with an official power of attorney letter and let them do the closing on your behalf? I know when we bought our house, the folks we were buying from had moved to Texas and didn't come back for the closing and had somebody else do it for them. I imagine things are not too much different for a refi, but then again, I imagine a lot of things...
    I imagine that I'm already home from work.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I imagine that I'm already home from work.
    I imagine I'm not only already home but have taken off the tie and cracked open a cold one.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

I need to put Cyburbia on leechblock next week though...

well, that was a fine Cyburbian day, thanks - off for a long drive north

Registered
    Feb 2007
    I came of age in the 90's yet i am completely obsessed with 80's music. Hmmm..
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I think the term "concubine" sounds funny when it's pronounced. It's from the Latin, "to lay together."

Is that random enough?
    I think that one of the great signs of security is the ability to just walk away.

Registered
    Feb 2005
    I saw a Maserati yesterday but it didn't have a vanity plate, just a regular ol' random letter/number plate... something didn't seem quite right about that. I guess that person isn't a 100% show-off, then.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    I saw a Maserati yesterday but it didn't have a vanity plate, just a regular ol' random letter/number plate... something didn't seem quite right about that. I guess that person isn't a 100% show-off, then.
    That is as strange as driving an F-350 and not having an NRA sticker.

or having an expressway exit not covered with snipe signs. Just wrong. Wrong
    Last edited by Maister; 09 Nov 2012 at 5:12 PM.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    There was a wasp in our house today.

The front area of our house is comprised of stone walls and throughout the summer we repeatedly had new queens attempting to build colonies next to the front door. There is definitely a thriving colony somewhere near the house. I even had to knock down wasp nests from the outdoor lights because they were built right up against burnt out bulbs (the house was vacant for some time before we moved in).

We aren't sure where the wasp came from or how it got indoors. I sure hope they aren't living in our walls or something dreadful. If they stay away from the doors and don't bother us, I'm completely okay with them nesting in the yard, but in the house is not going to work.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Arrrgh. *smacks Hubby upside the head*
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    There is this Maserati and Lamborghini that typically drive the mean streets of my community. I always question why, because frankly, our streets are in some dire need of repaving and i would freakout if i hit one of the pot holes. I no longer break my neck for Porsche, they seem like a dime a dozen in this place.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Seriously... who knew Jennifer Lawrence is that hot. He had every right to look

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    I came of age in the 90's yet i am completely obsessed with 80's music. Hmmm..
    Well then, allow me to play some Depeche Mode and Morrissey
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Registered
    May 2004
    Spousal abuse.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Spousal abuse.
    Domestic violence. I'll be on the lookout for dandy in the on-line mugshots.

EDIT: I noticed we passed 600,000 posts. Give yourselves a round of applause.....
    Last edited by Richmond Jake; 09 Nov 2012 at 6:23 PM.
    I think that one of the great signs of security is the ability to just walk away.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Had some serious dental work done earlier this week. Pain pills, antibiotics, special rinse because of the stitches, and several days off work - all for a procedure that took about an hour. Went in today to get the final fit on the temporary retainer. Since they had to remove a bridge to access the area, the original plan was to reuse the bridge. However, they couldn't get it back on after the surgery. Thus the retainer. So I go back this morning, and it turns out I had popped a stitch, so after restitiching, they made another attempt to reattach the bridge. It worked. But I had to take a pain pill and conk out for the afternoon because it hurt.

Now my tongue keeps playing with the back of the bridge. It's lower and shifted just enough that I can feel the difference. And it means I might have more swelling again. I'm supposed to go back to work on Monday and I can't miss - we have training.

I'm hoping this weekend isn't a total bust. I wanted to see Skyfall.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I like to use a potato ricer to make mashed potatoes.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Any particular reason??

My dog doesn't listen to me anymore. She's a total sweetheart, but she won't come when called. Well, I love her anyway.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    My dog doesn't listen to me anymore. She's a total sweetheart, but she won't come when called. Well, I love her anyway.
    How old is she? maybe she's going deaf.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    How old is she? maybe she's going deaf.
    Less than 3 years old. She can hear perfectly well. I think she's just being stubborn...

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Any particular reason??

We have a difference of opinion regarding shared responsibilities regarding the pets. My view is that if he has a late meeting the dogs' needs still have to be met. His view seems to be that if I have a late meeting the cats' needs can wait until I get home. There are occasions when he does help out without being asked but I can't count on him and often it takes a disagreement before he does it.

Our dogs seem to loose their hearing/understanding on occasion. Little brats!

Closed thread
Page 207 of 374 FirstFirst ... 197 206 207 208 217 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 01 Jan 2014, 12:58 AM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 01 Jan 2012, 12:53 AM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 7:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141