Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 215 of 374 FirstFirst ... 205 214 215 216 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Maybe I'll have better results with something like this.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Pure. Comic. Genius.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Dan, that was amazing.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    Yes! I absolutely need that! Will you come over and help me build it please?
    Have your dogs start digging a big hole & I'll be up in the Spring.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Nov 2006
    Note to self: do NOT put tire pressure gauge on the steering wheel where it can fall down into the steering column!!!
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Can I write this in an employee's evaluation? Or would you?

X continues to be a very valuable asset to the department. She is passionate about her work though recently she has expressed some frustration with the current position and role in the planning department questioning whether or not she would be more effective at a director’s level. While her ambition, drive, and initiative are admirable she is encouraged to remember that she is currently still a member of the planning department and though she has been given loose reins she needs to ensure that her supervisor’s requests (e.g. to review a grant application before submittal) and proper procedures are followed as ultimately her supervisors are responsible for her work.
    I learned the hard way that by not being direct, you don't get what you want and are not respected - so be more direct!!!!!

Registered
    Aug 2002
    I feel like a chicken with its head cut off.

Busy day.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    I feel like a chicken with its head cut off.

Busy day.
    Right there with you today.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Nov 2009
    This software I am running has a technical form support page. I am often the only person who posts in there for many weeks and I take full advantage of the resource. I wonder sometimes if their employees are like, "woohooo we got another question!" or if they are like, "wow... it is her again. Doesn't she have anyone else to bother?"

ahihihi
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    This software I am running has a technical form support page. I am often the only person who posts in there for many weeks and I take full advantage of the resource. I wonder sometimes if their employees are like, "woohooo we got another question!" or if they are like, "wow... it is her again. Doesn't she have anyone else to bother?"

ahihihi
    Either one is a win for you.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Oh yeah, well I feel like a tapir with its tail cut off.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Oh yeah, well I feel like a tapir with its tail cut off.
    Sounds like a tale of a tapered tapir tail.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    May 2005
    What a crappy Monday. Thank you for a short work week. I feel like taking Wednesday off now as well.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Apr 2006
    I don't think of myself as a cheap person but I reuse tea bags to the point where they no longer steep. I will use multiple old teas together to get one extra cup of tea. Do any other tea drinkers do this or am I strange in this regard?
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    I don't think of myself as a cheap person but I reuse tea bags to the point where they no longer steep. I will use multiple old teas together to get one extra cup of tea. Do any other tea drinkers do this or am I strange in this regard?
    When I go through a phase where I'm drinking a lot of tea, I will reuse the bags. I'll maybe use one bag 2-3 times.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    What a crappy Monday... ...I feel like taking Wednesday off now as well.
    This seems to be going around.
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Registered
    Nov 2009
    I do this too. I will use the same tea bag all day long. I just put the tea bag back into some fresh hot water and hope for some deliciousness to transfer to the water; if it doesn't, I just drink the hot water.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Ate two hardboiled eggs with lunch... apparently the egg odor is lingering. Really hope no one walks in here before it clears out.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    Ate two hardboiled eggs with lunch... apparently the egg odor is lingering. Really hope no one walks in here before it clears out.
    whoa, instant smell recognition

Registered
    Mar 2007
    If I am drinking tea at home in the evening and decide I want a second cup, I usually reuse the teabag. On the rare occasion I want a third cup though, I will get a new teabag (or add a second teabag).
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Apr 2006
    I do this too. I will use the same tea bag all day long. I just put the tea bag back into some fresh hot water and hope for some deliciousness to transfer to the water; if it doesn't, I just drink the hot water.
    I had a stock pile of 8 bags in an old coffee mug at the end of my desk. They had been piling up for a month and I just steeped half of them...I hope I don't get sick.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Nov 2009
    I had a stock pile of 8 bags in an old coffee mug at the end of my desk. They had been piling up for a month and I just steeped half of them...I hope I don't get sick.
    That I don't do, and for that exact reason. I'm too paranoid about mold and bacteria, especially right now. I have no time for illness.

BTW World of Cyburbians... Can we pleeeasee have some local holiday cheer event? Hot cider and jazz in the Great Lakes area? Pretty please?
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    My son called to tell me "I hate your guts." Because I sent him to school when he had a stomach ache. I was tempted to tell him that since he had a stomach ache, he should hate his own guts. But 11 year-olds with a stomach ache probably wouldn't see the humor in that statement.

I told him "I hate your guts too." Which threw him for a loop.

But I ended the conversation with "I love you anyway, even though you hate my guts."

So I guess I won't be getting "The "World's Greatest Dad" coffee cup for Christmas. But on the other hand, he probably won't be turning me in to Child Protective Services.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Feb 2005

ahihihi
    TerraSapient I don't know what this means, but when I see it I hear Xena (Zena? don't remember) the Warrior Princess doing her warrior-screech thing.

Closed thread
Page 215 of 374 FirstFirst ... 205 214 215 216 225 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 01 Jan 2014, 12:58 AM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 01 Jan 2012, 12:53 AM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 7:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141