Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 220 of 374 FirstFirst ... 210 219 220 221 230 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I took a Myers-Briggs test at work today and scored a 0% in the feelings and empathy category.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    I took a Myers-Briggs test at work today and scored a 0% in the feelings and empathy category.
    lol
    You must be having an off day. Those tests make me cranky, plus the answers are often so obvious as to what they are leaning toward. I sincerely doubt they accurately measure anyone's personality; maybe their mood.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I may or may not have just purchased 3 nips of Jim Beam from the bodega across the street.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    It sure did get quiet here all the sudden. Looks like most Cyburbs RJ'd for the weekend. Happy Thanksgiving everyone and enjoy the long weekend.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I'm still here on the west coast. But most of my staff are leaving early, so I've got to stick around until the bitter end.

Speaking of Myers-Briggs, I've decided that Mrs. Otis is an FFFF.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    I'm here. I was actually getting some work done this afternoon... and missed out on two whole pages of Randoms. And the daylight.

dandy, we miss you here!

Registered
    Nov 2009
    I'm ready to RJ myself but I have to wait until 5.

:cry:
    Occupy Your Brain!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    I'm ready to RJ myself ....
    Must. Not. Respond.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    I'm ready to RJ myself but I have to wait until 5.

:cry:
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    Must. Not. Respond.
    You're a man of incredible restraint. At least verbally. Not sure how restrained you are on the question of RJing yourself, that's your business.

On another note, I'm in with you till 5, TS. It sucks, it really really sucks. It's making me a Doctor-no-fun-can't-think-of-anything-interesting-to-say kinda guy, too.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Ack! Now I'm being forced to watch Judge Judy.

And I'm being questioned as to why someone from Salem, MA called.

Last night I had 2 vodka sours, I wish I had two more.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Here until PC packets are ready to go out, so it'll probably be 5:00. Today has been a frustrating day, so I'll have a nice cold beer when I get home to get into the vacation mood
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    If I make it home from this trip without the need for a hearing aid and with my sanity it will be close to a miracle.

Goodluck Dandy

BTW, Judge Judy is faked
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Registered
    Mar 2002
    If I make it home from this trip without the need for a hearing aid and with my sanity it will be close to a miracle.

Don't you need to go out and work that knee a little? Is there a liquor store you can walk to? A bar?

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001

Last night I had 2 vodka sours, I wish I had two more.
    Give Dr. Phil a call.

Or you want me to call you and try to explain why somebody from the Florida panhandle is calling?
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    That kind of interrogation sounds like a witch trial.

You might say it was a call back from the witch hotline because you had questions about how to handle a mother-in-law over the holidays. But that would lead to hurt feelings.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Don't you need to go out and work that knee a little? Is there a liquor store you can walk to? A bar?
    Good idea. There is an exercycle in the basement, I think it is calling me.

Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    Give Dr. Phil a call.

Or you want me to call you and try to explain why somebody from the Florida panhandle is calling?
    They'll talk your ear off about that one time they were in FL.

Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    That kind of interrogation sounds like a witch trial.

You might say it was a call back from the witch hotline because you had questions about how to handle a mother-in-law over the holidays. But that would lead to hurt feelings.
    Hee hee. Sadly, she wouldn't even get it.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I like chocolate, and I like peanut butter, but I don't like them together.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    I'm scared to go to Thanksgiving tomorrow. Just found out half the siblings are still mad at my wife about the fight she had with my mother. Shaping up to be a wonderful day. At least I don't live far away. If it gets bad I'll pack up and beat it. I swear I will.

PS, Otis: I loved those old ads: You got chocolate in maah Peanut Butter!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I like chocolate, and I like peanut butter, but I don't like them together.
    Whhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa????

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Will have to leave a few minutes early to put gas in my car, so I think I'll sneak out for a few minutes now to pick up a bottle of wine for Turkey Day. Our office manager/admin person literally used the copier to make a copy of a bottle of wine he bought so that I can find that same kind in the store. It's amusing me on this loooong day.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    I'm scared to go to Thanksgiving tomorrow. Just found out half the siblings are still mad at my wife about the fight she had with my mother. Shaping up to be a wonderful day. At least I don't live far away. If it gets bad I'll pack up and beat it. I swear I will.
    What would Thanksgiving be without a family fight? And a racist grandmother. And a drunk uncle. If you don't have a drunk uncle of your own, Bobby Moynihan does a good one on 'Weekend Update'
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    What would Thanksgiving be without a family fight? And a racist grandmother. And a drunk uncle. If you don't have a drunk uncle of your own, Bobby Moynihan does a good one on 'Weekend Update'
    this is all true. sigh. Why do you have to be right all the time?

Have a Good One, Cyburbia. I'm heading out in 20 and I've got to see the attorney first. Ursus - out.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hubby and FIL just went out to purchase the obligatory Thanksgiving Eve pizza, time to sneak in a few minutes with Cyb.

MIL drives me crazy by finding and making observations/accusations about me, Hubby, and our dogs based upon 1/8 of a fact.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Hubby and FIL just went out to purchase the obligatory Thanksgiving Eve pizza, time to sneak in a few minutes with Cyb.

MIL drives me crazy by finding and making observations/accusations about me, Hubby, and our dogs based upon 1/8 of a fact.
    Make sure she only gets 1/8 of the pizza.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Make sure she only gets 1/8 of the pizza.
    We decided to get Dominos because Hubby and I prefer that to the pre-assembled bake-your-own and because Hubby and I were treating and MIL & FIL said they didn't care. So we asked what they wanted on the pizza and they said pepperoni and cheese were fine so that's what we ordered and got. Of course, when we got the pizza MIL stated that she likes the bake-your-own kind better because it is a thinner crust and because they get vegetarian pizza. WTH???? We asked what she wanted on the pizza and she said pepperoni. And she even said that they had turkey pepperoni in the fridge in case we wanted to put it on the pizza ourselves.

OMG, if this women lets any more gas audibly pass either from her mouth or her other parts I'm going to stab myself in the ears and nose.

She also said that it looks like it is time for me to get my hair colored because my roots are showing and she told Hubby that I remind her of the smiley fat chick from a Ford commercial but then back peddled saying she hadn't even noticed that the girl in the commercial was fat.

I realize I am a horrible person for venting about all this stuff while the in-laws are generously hosting us and I'm trying to be thankful and grateful for Hubby's sake but there is a limit on the lack of etiquette I can handle (as I talk behind their backs).

Closed thread
Page 220 of 374 FirstFirst ... 210 219 220 221 230 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141