Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 231 of 374 FirstFirst ... 221 230 231 232 241 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    ursus - somehow I can picture that with your big sexy hair glowing in the stage lights
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    True story: During a local production of Westside Story I had to stand in for the female lead during dress rehearsal...embarrassingly I knew all her lines and delivered them well. I still remember the laughs I got when I sang this song......

it felt like I was flying.....
    Emphasis added. Any pictures from the "dress" rehearsal?
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Aug 2005
    True story: During a local production of Westside Story I had to stand in for the female lead during dress rehearsal...embarrassingly I knew all her lines and delivered them well. I still remember the laughs I got when I sang this song......

it felt like I was flying.....
    I would've loved to see you and your big hair twirl.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    ursus - somehow I can picture that with your big sexy hair glowing in the stage lights
    Glowing and bouncing, my friend. It's got a lot of bounce to it....

Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Emphasis added. Any pictures from the "dress" rehearsal?
    Sadly, this was a long long time ago.

I'm wondering if dandy's feeling attractive today is tied to her admission of a crush on the confessions thread....seems likely to me. Give it up dandy. Did you dress up in boots for your old man crush? I'm seeing a theme to your posts today.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    My wife buys new ornaments from Bronners every single year, for her and the girls.

It's one of her traditions I do not partake in.
    We have a similar tradition, however i partake in and get some pretty slick ones from pure modern or crate and barrel, this year i get to add to my collection

Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    We have a similar tradition, however i partake in and get some pretty slick ones from pure modern or crate and barrel, this year i get to add to my collection

I choose not to partake in your tomfoolery.

Can I please give back Miggy's Triple Crown and MVP in exchange for winning at least one damn game???
    Last edited by btrage; 30 Nov 2012 at 1:53 PM.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Dec 2008
    I choose not to partake in your tomfoolery.

Can I please give back Miggy's Triple Crown and MVP in exchange for willing at least one damn game???
    People who have a ML team they can claim by geographic proximity (and that is not the Colorado Rockies) are not allowed to feel bad about things related to that team. Not ever. Please repent!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    If only it were that easy.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

My wife's a doory. My kids are both doories. I am not a doory. This presents certain problems.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    If only it were that easy.

You've never been to a Phish show?
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I don't know what that means, but okay Gedunker

I have a feeling dandy is going to have a good weekend

Ursus - love all you do

Me, I am freaked out getting ready for a festival I am running (yeah, not kidding) tomorrow night - #firstworldproblems thread

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    You've never been to a Phish show?
    POTD!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    I don't know what that means, but okay Gedunker

I have a feeling dandy is going to have a good weekend

Ursus - love all you do

Me, I am freaked out getting ready for a festival I am running (yeah, not kidding) tomorrow night - #firstworldproblems thread

I want to know what "doories" are, too! LP what kind of festival do you have to run? Christmas? Fly-fishing? Boot-making? Gingerbread Houses and the People Who Love Them?

PS, Dan, where did you FIND that and imaplanner you are a wicked, wicked man. Come live with me some day.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Festival of Lights - a candleight walk (with about 500 hundred people) followed by a nighttime parade ending with a visit with Santa - breathing in and out of a paper bag - and a big storm is a comin'!

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Festival of Lights - a candleight walk (with about 500 hundred people) followed by a nighttime parade ending with a visit with Santa - breathing in and out of a paper bag - and a big storm is a comin'!
    Oh my word that sounds fantastic! Just get you some boots on and DO IT! You're the woman for the job, no paper bag necessary. PS tell Santa I need new couch for Christmas when you see him, OK?

"Doory" is a term my father coined. He broke me of the habit, and I use the word "broke" aptly.

In short, a doory is someone who, upon returning a thing to the place it rightfully belongs, merely walks through the door, sets the object upon the nearest available surface, executes a 180º, and departs through the door in which they entered. Most often found near basements, attics, and garages, but can be found almost anywhere.

I'm going to be spending a good chunk of this winter undoing the work of my doory family. My wife is hopeless, but I may yet have time to save my son and daughter from this horrific fate.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    "Doory" is a term my father coined. He broke me of the habit, and I use the word "broke" aptly.

In short, a doory is someone who, upon returning a thing to the place it rightfully belongs, merely walks through the door, sets the object upon the nearest available surface, executes a 180º, and departs through the door in which they entered. Most often found near basements, attics, and garages, but can be found almost anywhere.

I'm going to be spending a good chunk of this winter undoing the work of my doory family. My wife is hopeless, but I may yet have time to save my son and daughter from this horrific fate.
    My guess as to what it was was way off...I was thinking this:

"Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Anybody seen natski? It's been awhile to hear from downunder.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Oh my word that sounds fantastic! Just get you some boots on and DO IT! You're the woman for the job, no paper bag necessary. PS tell Santa I need new couch for Christmas when you see him, OK?
    check my post in the boots thread dearie...

Gedunker, that is hilarious and my husband and I both are doory for sure!

NHPlanner - omg so funny

okay off to save the world now, see ya later!

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Anybody seen natski? It's been awhile to hear from downunder.
    She's been active on Facebook.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner View post
    My guess as to what it was was way off...I was thinking this:

I was thinking the same thing but wondering if my spelling was off.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    She's been active on Facebook.
    and Instagram

Registered
    Feb 2004
    must be hormones are in the air today. So many distractions....there's a banner add on Cyburbia for Snorg tees that occasionally pops up that's causing me to....well, be distracted.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008
    and Instagram
    I've heard of that. I'm afraid to get an account and try it for fear I will never do anything but post to Cyburbia, make up fake band names, and put up meaningless pictures for people to see. Very afraid. Must not try it.

Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    must be hormones are in the air today. So many distractions....there's a banner add on Cyburbia for Snorg tees that occasionally pops up that's causing me to....well, be distracted.
    I think I'm responsible for the snorg tees ads. I like to look at the funny shirts and I giggle and giggle and giggle. I'm a sad man on the inside, so I giggle a lot on the outside to try to stay in balance.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Thanks for the tips! We will be finding an ornament this weekend I hope.

Is it Friday yet?
    Occupy Your Brain!

Closed thread
Page 231 of 374 FirstFirst ... 221 230 231 232 241 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811