Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 234 of 374 FirstFirst ... 224 233 234 235 244 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    OK, new topic -- but probably not more interesting. Trader Joe's just opened their first ever store in SLC. My question is: Do I want to go, and if I do what do I want there? No idea. Edumacate me, folks.
    Looking for a quick fix? Try the TJ's Orange Chicken, it rocks.
    Also try the pot stickers, they are yummy,
    Also in the frozen are some really delicious frozen crab cakes and try the talipia baked fillets. Very yummy.

Frozen veggies? Can't go wrong with organic sweet corn or frozen green beans. Through those bad boys into hot dishes. In general their frozen veggies are good values.
    Cheese anyone? Go with the Gouda and Goat Cheese. Very reasonably priced.

TJ's BBQ sauce is really good. Also their peanut butter filed pretzels are very yummy along with their fruit squeezers is a hit with my kids.

Beware of portions though. Prices are lower, but their portion sizes are smaller. Just an FYI.
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    May I suggest a random word generator?
    Interesting.... Dicitoness. I can't be creative enough to come up with something for its definition though...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2007
    OK, new topic -- but probably not more interesting. Trader Joe's just opened their first ever store in SLC. My question is: Do I want to go, and if I do what do I want there? No idea. Edumacate me, folks.
    I always find Trader Joe's beer to be a pretty good bargain. Not sure how much of that they will move (or you would buy) there in SLC though.

One of our local Trader Joe's is moving to a more convenient location for me closer to my house and set to open very soon. I'm looking forward to it.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Peanut butter-filled pretzels.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Hmmmm the Trader Joe's suggestions are appreciated and it sounds like I will be visiting. I'm almost all a-twitter! Ok, I'm interested but not to the point of being a-twitter, I just wanted to say something interesting. Fail? oh well.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    this is one of those times when I wish Maister would show up and split this off....nnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    All these discussions about wireless plans and iphones belong in the #firstworldproblem thread, IMHO.

Something you didn't know about me: I have never sent a text message. Hey, where's that dinosaur icon I've been requesting?

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    All these discussions about wireless plans and iphones belong in the #firstworldproblem thread, IMHO.

Something you didn't know about me: I have never sent a text message. Hey, where's that dinosaur icon I've been requesting?
    Get out your phone and text me NOW! Before some secret government agency targets you!!!!

PS I actually think my daughters might speak to me a lot less if I didn't text with them. Perils of firstworld parenting I suppose.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Get out your phone and text me NOW! Before some secret government agency targets you!!!!

PS I actually think my daughters might speak to me a lot less if I didn't text with them. Perils of firstworld parenting I suppose.
    Mine sometimes talks to me through texting. Sometimes that's the only way
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I look forward to 6k. My thoughts are 7k this year... we have no shot at 8k....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    debbie downer...
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Challenge accepted. I cannot promise anything but more banal, inane, ridiculous commentary....but that's what you were getting from me anyway so who are we kidding.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    In DC for a HUD event. Had Ethiopian food last night and dim sum is on the agenda for tonight! *tummy growls*

I'm hungry now but we're not meeting until 7pm. Woe is me. I guess I have to live off the fat of the land for a little bit longer.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    It's the mad splitter's fault.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

Triple Ginger Snaps

Registered
    Aug 2005
    My feet are sweating.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    My feet are sweating.
    C'mon over here and I'll unzip those boots, dandy
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Poor needy dandy.

==================================================================================

To make it to
    6,000 posts we need 6 posts per day - very do able
    7,000 posts we need 42 posts per day - is that impossible ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Feb 2005
    If I was a painter, I would paint the warm, golden evening sunlight that happens this time of year. I can see it out my supervisor's window... truly golden rays.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    In DC for a HUD event. Had Ethiopian food last night and dim sum is on the agenda for tonight! *tummy growls*

I'm hungry now but we're not meeting until 7pm. Woe is me. I guess I have to live off the fat of the land for a little bit longer.
    Go to Teaism and get a salty oak cookie. It is on the corner of D and 8th St NW just north of the Navy Memorial. Their bento boxes are outstanding as well.

If you want a good (but pricey) Tappas place head to Jaleo...I have not lived in the District in 5 years and I still dream about both of those places.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Poor needy dandy.

==================================================================================

To make it to
    6,000 posts we need 6 posts per day - very do able
    7,000 posts we need 42 posts per day - is that impossible ?
    I like our chances for 7k. Unfortunately we shoot ourselves in the foot all year... Why would we expect excellence?

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

Fauxtoshopping!

It can't hurt my recent job application: someone posted a photo of our monumental Christmas tree, and suggested that it would look nicer with a decorative fence style, rather than the "keep out" all-purpose playpen stuff presently encircling it.

Sourced a decorative garden fence (has tree-shaped elements in it), used it as a template, whipped up a graphic using the original photo. (Made the fence bronze.) Added tree lights. Elapsed time: less than an hour.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    ......Can it window? I usually don't use programs in full screen mode.......
    Yes, it reduces to less than full screen. But on these smaller displays, you need the full screen.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    wait, what?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I'm still at work. The alarm system will arm itself in 10 minutes.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    There is a Grape Leaf Express around the corner from our house. We have been eating there nearly once per week since the baby was born. This weekend we scored a $30 groupon for $10 for there.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Closed thread
Page 234 of 374 FirstFirst ... 224 233 234 235 244 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM