Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 240 of 374 FirstFirst ... 230 239 240 241 250 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Loser.
    Kill him
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Kill him
    I'll tell you what... sometimes I feel like I don't have a partner. Sometimes I feel like my only friend is the city I live in...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2004
    There just aren't any good poems about cornish hens, are there? Why aren't there more - I mean whats not to like about those cute tasty little chickens? Where's ursus when you need him - I think he may do requests...
    We are already almost half an hour into the Cornish Hen Crisis. Tensions have been steadily building during that time but STILL no poems about cornish hens have been produced! It is unclear how much longer this state of affairs can be tolerated. It can't be long before the finger pointing begins.

I don't see Hink offering any cornish hen poems. Just sayin'....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Oddly enough, "Collect Calls" are still the only ones you can make from jail. They take your cell phone. Bastards.
    You know how they give you a few seconds to say your name, so the recorded operator voice says "You have a collect call from....". Well my office-mate's ex was in jail a few months ago, and his phone rang. Apparently when he answered it he heard "You have a collect call from.... I hope you die you fucking bastard!!"
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    You know how they give you a few seconds to say your name, so the recorded operator voice says "You have a collect call from....". Well my office-mate's ex was in jail a few months ago, and his phone rang. Apparently when he answered it he heard "You have a collect call from.... I hope you die you fucking bastard!!"
    His ex must've had a difficult time in school. I'm sure she got picked on all the time.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    We are already almost half an hour into the Cornish Hen Crisis. Tensions have been steadily building during that time but STILL no poems about cornish hens have been produced! It is unclear how much longer this state of affairs can be tolerated. It can't be long before the finger pointing begins.

I don't see Hink offering any cornish hen poems. Just sayin'....
    Just give me one reason to stay here... and I'll turn right back around....

--------------

To The Gibbery Cornish Hen

There's a seaside of course all around,
    though the wind and the weather I found
    could not keep me for long
    and no prayer or song
    would entice me to stay year 'round.

I am speaking of Cornwall (the coast)
    where at night the old Cornish ghost
    flies from cottage to sea
    like a spirit that's free
    but the hen is the genuine host.

In this region the hardy will stay,
    when it rains they go out just to play,
    once their T-shirts are soaked
    it's like pectorals stroked
    they go in and write poems, I say!

I owe thanks to that kind Cornish lass,
    so much talent and oodles of class,
    when the night got too dark
    in the loneliest park
    she was standing there, near the crevasse.

If the soul in a person is pure
    all the goodness will surely endure,
    neither riches nor looks
    nor a million good books
    is a match for the word reassure.

by: Wombat [Poetfreak]
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I wonder if the UP will have a White Christmas. I hope there is a crap load up snow up there. Lake Michigan needs to be filled up too!
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    That is PRICELESS!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Listening to Christmas music. It is my first real act of celebrating the holiday. I'm conflicted.
    I broke the Christmas music out Monday and switched the Pandora station to "Jesus, Jesus, Rest Your Head" channel Monday.

I really liked Ursus's work rant yesterday. The joys of working in the public sector..

Yes, I am old enough to remember collect calls and placed a couple in my college days. Ursus's post on collect calls is a classic.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Bad Ideas One Has on Thursdays.

So I wore cords today. They look stupid to me. I have no idea if cords are "out" or "in" but I've lost 10 pounds and they fit again so I felt I should wear them.

On the plus side, it is the fabric of kings that I'm feeling rubbing my legs. That's nice.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Bad Ideas One Has on Thursdays.

So I wore cords today. They look stupid to me. I have no idea if cords are "out" or "in" but I've lost 10 pounds and they fit again so I felt I should wear them.

On the plus side, it is the fabric of kings that I'm feeling rubbing my legs. That's nice.
    Years ago I heard Paula Poundstone make a joke about being afraid that she was going to start a fire from her corduroy pants rubbing together when she walked. Watch out!!

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    Years ago I heard Paula Poundstone make a joke about being afraid that she was going to start a fire from her corduroy pants rubbing together when she walked. Watch out!!
    ..zip...zip...zip...zip...zip...zip...zip...FIRE!!!!

It would so be worth it. People will have to take me seriously then!

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    I wonder if the UP will have a White Christmas. I hope there is a crap load up snow up there. Lake Michigan needs to be filled up too!
    My sister called me this afternoon driving through Newberry and it was snowing pretty hard.

Registered
    May 2005
    All I read was "Paula Poundstone........rubbing together".

And then I threw up in my mouth a little.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Dec 2008
    I got a bag of pistachio nuts from an architecture firm. I'm not sharing them.

A pistachio is what a peanut hopes to be when it grows up.

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    All I read was "Paula Poundstone........rubbing together".

And then I threw up in my mouth a little.
    Sorry, I couldn't think of another way to phrase it! Pretend a VS model said it.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Sorry, I couldn't think of another way to phrase it! Pretend a VS model said it.
    As noted in the Hottest VS Model thread... there would have to be some serious food consumption before that would be desirable.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries

This morning I was going to wear my corduroys. I even had them out and on the bed to put them on. But something stopped me. Was I subconsciously concerned that Ursus and I would be caught wearing the same outfit?
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    This morning I was going to wear my corduroys. I even had them out and on the bed to put them on. But something stopped me. Was I subconsciously concerned that Ursus and I would be caught wearing the same outfit?
    Just fear of "Twinners?" or were you afraid of the rubbing?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    As noted in the Hottest VS Model thread... there would have to be some serious food consumption before that would be desirable.
    Or possible.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Or possible.
    True!

Sometimes a funny comment during a tense discussion at a city council workshop is very appropriate. It eases the tension in the room without be disrespectful and still gets a point across.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    I am sooooo close to so many Cyburbians now and still have not met any of them.

Time to put the smack down.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    I think I am going to need some time at the gym with the heavy bag tonight after my meeting.

Registered
    Feb 2004

Hi dandy!

Registered
    Aug 2005

Hi dandy!
    OMG that's cute!!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Closed thread
Page 240 of 374 FirstFirst ... 230 239 240 241 250 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141