Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 242 of 374 FirstFirst ... 232 241 242 243 252 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    I absolutely must have this! Sending MW the link now.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Beat Army! GO NAVY! Tomorrow is the 122nd iteration of the Army-Navy football game. The good folks at the Naval Academy want you to have some fun with Whack A Mule! (For those not in the know, a mule is the army mascot ...)
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Feb 2007
    I really got a thing for leggings and gals with tights/pantyhose or other types of shear material over legs. Almost got into a fender bender checking out a hottie coed last night
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    I really got a thing for leggings and gals with tights/pantyhose or other types of shear material over legs. Almost got into a fender bender checking out a hottie coed last night
    I should send you a Hanna Andersson catalog. You'd probably go into a coma!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Aug 2005
    On our drive to/from WI Hubby and I witnessed a girl who had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction with her tights/leggings. Her tush was covered by her shirt until she bent over and then it became apparent that her tights were see-through when stretched. We got a nice view of her little black thong.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    On our drive to/from WI Hubby and I witnessed a girl who had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction with her tights/leggings. Her tush was covered by her shirt until she bent over and then it became apparent that her tights were see-through when stretched. We got a nice view of her little black thong.
    Jealous....
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    post of the day

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Since I've lived here, I've noticed all these old Ford Crown Vics / Police Interceptors around the county painted to advertise various food products. It's obvious these aren't officially sanctioned vehicles but for the life of me I can't figure out who or why someone would go through the effort to paint the cars this way. There's probably at least dozen of them advertising things like Skittles, Mountain Dew: Typhoon, Aquafina, Coke, Hawaiian Punch, Mr. Goodbar etc. I have suspicions about a certain used car place doing it after seeing a pair on their lot but that's not enough evidence to draw any sort of conclusions.

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Blide View post
    Since I've lived here, I've noticed all these old Ford Crown Vics / Police Interceptors around the county painted to advertise various food products. It's obvious these aren't officially sanctioned vehicles but for the life of me I can't figure out who or why someone would go through the effort to paint the cars this way. There's probably at least dozen of them advertising things like Skittles, Mountain Dew: Typhoon, Aquafina, Coke, Hawaiian Punch, Mr. Goodbar etc. I have suspicions about a certain used car place doing it after seeing a pair on their lot but that's not enough evidence to draw any sort of conclusions.
    That is really strange.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Are those Crown Vics actually painted, or are they the stretch vinyl, Blide? We have two of the last year CVs were produced that are our PDs current fleet black-and-whites, but they aren't actually painted, they are vinyl. I've seen advertising cars around quite a bit, and remember them from the early 1980s offering VW owners a chance to advertise for COOL cigarettes then get your Beetle repainted free for MAACO.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    No, Sears weekly Ad's did fine in JHS, they should do fine now

Registered
    Dec 2008
    No, Sears weekly Ad's did fine in JHS, they should do fine now
    For my elem/JHS secret ogling habit it was always the great big JC Penny's catalog. With handy color coded page tabs to get you quickly back and forth from toys to more interesting portions.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Are those Crown Vics actually painted, or are they the stretch vinyl, Blide? We have two of the last year CVs were produced that are our PDs current fleet black-and-whites, but they aren't actually painted, they are vinyl. I've seen advertising cars around quite a bit, and remember them from the early 1980s offering VW owners a chance to advertise for COOL cigarettes then get your Beetle repainted free for MAACO.
    It looks like they're actually painted. Most real advertising cars I see use those giant decals to cover the vehicle. Plus they use something a bit sexier than a Crown Vic with some fancy rims.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    It's happened to me. One morning a young woman in a short skirt and long legs ran right in front of me. I had to stop short to avoid running her over. My wife chided me for watching her cross the street, but I assured her I was just making sure she made it across the street safely before proceeding with my day. I am just that kind of guy. Willing to take time out of my day to make sure a fellow human being is okay. And believe me, she was all kinds of okay.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Pervert. Where are the pictures?
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Beat Army! GO NAVY! Tomorrow is the 122nd iteration of the Army-Navy football game. The good folks at the Naval Academy want you to have some fun with Whack A Mule! (For those not in the know, a mule is the army mascot ...)
    Go Navy indeed!

This is one of the few college football games that I will sit down to watch each year that doesn't involve the University of Michigan.

Semper Fi!
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Just stopping in to say hi and browse through a few posts between tasks. Thank goodness for my Cyburbia water cooler, and all the humor.

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I was in target a couple of weeks ago and there was a woman in a tunic, boots and tights, went she bent over, you could see everything (and I was not looking, I turned my cart and there she was!) The tunic was meant to be worn with leggings, not tights! As a frequent wearer of these types of items let me tell you the differences:

Tights-semi or mostly opaque, thin, full footed, can be textured or not
    Fishnets (and the like)-patterned, but fully see-thru, often worn with halloween costumes or boots
    Footless tights-same as above with no feet-cute with dress and flats
    Leggings-thicker than tights, completely opaque, footless, ok with tunics and long shirts
    Hose-very thin, see-thru, worn in old-fashioned offices and for special occasions.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by beach_bum View post
    Tights-semi or mostly opaque, thin, full footed, can be textured or not
    awesome....
    Fishnets (and the like)-patterned, but fully see-thru, often worn with halloween costumes or boots
    awesome....
    Footless tights-same as above with no feet-cute with dress and flats
    love these....
    Leggings-thicker than tights, completely opaque, footless, ok with tunics and long shirts
    always fabulous....
    Hose-very thin, see-thru, worn in old-fashioned offices and for special occasions.
    let's hear it for tradition!
    ....and the occasional bare leg is no let-down either.

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003

tooting my own horn...

your friendly, neighborhood 'burb fixer was interviewed in this month's Planning magazine article on ethics. Let the mocking commense.

slightly outing myself, but I figure anybody that wanted to could put 2 and 2 together and make the link between me and my Cyburbia profile.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Why does everyone get a gizmodo link and I am stuck with a dirty site?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Suburb Repairman View post
    your friendly, neighborhood 'burb fixer was interviewed in this month's Planning magazine article on ethics. Let the mocking commense.

slightly outing myself, but I figure anybody that wanted to could put 2 and 2 together and make the link between me and my Cyburbia profile.
    December issue? I haven't seen it yet.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    My coworker forgot to go to another appointment, and the person he was supposed to meet called in looking for him. I didn't have to try real hard to overhear the conversation...coworker, "blah, blah, blah....I don't want to inconvenience you with my forgetfulness..." Really? Really? Hadn't this inconvenience already happened?

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Suburb Repairman View post

I saw that

WTG!

I also love the farm playground inside the front cover...trying to think of where that should go in my town!
    Last edited by beach_bum; 07 Dec 2012 at 5:19 PM.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by beach_bum View post
    All i read was this and my mind went back to the gutter

Closed thread
Page 242 of 374 FirstFirst ... 232 241 242 243 252 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 01 Jan 2014, 12:58 AM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 01 Jan 2012, 12:53 AM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811