Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 245 of 374 FirstFirst ... 235 244 245 246 255 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Do fingernails surge? After I cut them they're fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, TOO LONG. Do they know they've been cut and then spend a week saving up the energy to surge out?

On a related topic, with schools going to whiteboards, will the kids of tomorrow understand the allusion to fingernails on a chalkboard?

I do not want there to be a fingernail thread. I reserve the right to keep this post in RTDNTOTO.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    I'd like to log my objection to your floater. It stinks.
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally posted by Otis
    I do not want there to be a fingernail thread. I reserve the right to keep this post in RTDNTOTO
    Hey that gives me a GREAT idea! We should require everyone that wants a post to stay in RTDNTOTO to sign an affidavit for each individual post on RT. That way there'd be no confusion about whether a poster intends for their thoughts to be split off or not!

I gotta go consult with our legal department right away.....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I gotta go consult with our legal department right away.....
    No lawyers, please.

This post is intended to be used in RTDNTOTO7 only. Any other use, including splitting off into another thread, constitutes misuse of this post and is a violation of its terms and conditions. Such misuse may subject the violator to substantial penalties including fine and or imprisonment.

WARNING: The FBI investigates thread splitting.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Is that a menorah or a black helicopter?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    We have a local restaurant that serves seafood. It is amazing. I find local restaurants that source fresh seafood to be refreshing.... being in the midwest it doesn't happen very often. I will pay more money for fresh food... so much better.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    Is that a menorah or a black helicopter?
    We Jews control everything, you know ...
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Warning – brag ahead… I carried a nearly 6 foot Christmas tree off my car, in to my living room, and got it standing straight (enough) in the tree stand all by myself yesterday. But next year I’m listening to my inner voice and getting a 4+ foot tree, instead of letting my son talk me into a 5+ foot tree… once was enough! No bruises today but my forearms are sore.

Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    Warning – brag ahead… I carried a nearly 6 foot Christmas tree off my car, in to my living room, and got it standing straight (enough) in the tree stand all by myself yesterday. But next year I’m listening to my inner voice and getting a 4+ foot tree, instead of letting my son talk me into a 5+ foot tree… once was enough! No bruises today but my forearms are sore.
    Way to go!

In my house, we have 11'-0" ceilings, so a 6'-0" tree looks really teeny. We usually buy an 8'-0" or so and will be hoping there's still a good selection next weekend.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    No lawyers, please.

This post is intended to be used in RTDNTOTO7 only. Any other use, including splitting off into another thread, constitutes misuse of this post and is a violation of its terms and conditions. Such misuse may subject the violator to substantial penalties including fine and or imprisonment.

WARNING: The FBI investigates thread splitting.
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    I'm impressed. It seems like getting the tree straight in the stand is at least a two-person project. Way to go.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I've come to a conclusion today that if a certain person wants to control a certain project even though they are not assigned, I'll let them think it and copy everything with a due date to keep on schedule. If they give me no response, I'll treat in the affirmative (which will also be noted on each copied email).

This post is intended to be used in RTDNTOTO7 only
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Maister is Jewish?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    This post is intended to be used in RTDNTOTO7 only
    You expect that to suffice? You're going to have to do better than that for a disclaimer. I mean look at Otis' disclaimer... you don't have any nifty phrases/terms like: 'party of the first part', 'heretofore', 'ex post facto', or 'intra legem'.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Thanks to Otis' insightful post about the delayed-aggressive post-cut growth of fingernails I have been obsessing over my fingernails all day! I also feel that there may be a physiological truth to his observation. It may apply to hair (both cranial and nasal) as well. I intend to keep an eye on all hair and nail growth going forward.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Feb 2007
    12 questions for 30 minutes is pretty short. I try to explain my answers and be thorough with my questions. Eh. Oh well. Good experience right
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    My senior planner is wearing boots and tights today with a short skirt.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    We need pics less you be fired

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    We need pics less you be fired
    ugh - why can't male planning groupies bemore eye candy for us ladies????

Registered
    Feb 2007
    ugh - why can't male planning groupies bemore eye candy for us ladies????
    Look... i know seeing my hispter glasses had you at hello...

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    While The Man was having a colonoscopy last Friday, he received a text message from one of our commissioners that read "while they have your a-hole pried open, why don't you have them stick the code compliance staff up there?" Sorry code compliance staff.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Yeah. I am getting that feeling. I just found out that one of our county attorneys is Jewish. Imagine that a lawyer who is Jewish.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I don't show off my legs, I have something much much better (omg whatta post )
    Oh, my!!!!
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Just as a general reminder....

Things don't exist on the internet unless a photo accompanies them....

My kids school won't let him wear any clothes with characters on them. I have found that this would be fine if the rule didn't apply to socks....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    While The Man was having a colonoscopy last Friday, he received a text message from one of our commissioners that read "while they have your a-hole pried open, why don't you have them stick the code compliance staff up there?" Sorry code compliance staff.
    Wow that's inappropriate! Friday must have been colonoscopy day. I called my architect to ask him about something and he was talking kinda quite. I asked if he was ok, he said he was waiting to be called for his scoping. As in sitting there with a gown on. I told him I'd talk to him on Monday and stop answering the phone for the rest of the day.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2005
    It is amazing how productive one can be when not playing on teh interwebz.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I have a theory that says by the time you are out of 4th grade you have heard every possible joke about your name. A corollary to this theory is that as an adult one should not make a joke about someone else's name, no matter how clever one imagines it to be.

Closed thread
Page 245 of 374 FirstFirst ... 235 244 245 246 255 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141