Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 246 of 374 FirstFirst ... 236 245 246 247 256 ... LastLast
Results 6,126 to 6,150 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Do fingernails surge? After I cut them they're fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, TOO LONG. Do they know they've been cut and then spend a week saving up the energy to surge out?
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Thanks to Otis' insightful post about the delayed-aggressive post-cut growth of fingernails I have been obsessing over my fingernails all day! I also feel that there may be a physiological truth to his observation. It may apply to hair (both cranial and nasal) as well. I intend to keep an eye on all hair and nail growth going forward.
    I’ve noticed a funny hair pattern also… it gets cut, looks good for a while, then somewhat suddenly starts to look like it needs a cut, but if it doesn’t get cut it looks pretty good for a while again, then all of a sudden it looks terrible and needs cut right away. Sorry to add to your obsession Ursus.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I have a theory that says by the time you are out of 4th grade you have heard every possible joke about your name. A corollary to this theory is that as an adult one should not make a joke about someone else's name, no matter how clever one imagines it to be.
    Otis-bo-botis....fee-fi-fodis....Otis...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    *peeks in* Hi! Hope you have have a slack-tastic day!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Otis-bo-botis....fee-fi-fodis....Otis...
    When my boy was in the 4th grade he started singing that ditty. I suggested he use "Buck". He was embarrassed. I am bad.
    Last edited by mike gurnee; 11 Dec 2012 at 8:22 AM.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    *peeks in* Hi! Hope you have have a slack-tastic day!
    Who or what are you hiding from ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Good Morning.

I picked up Christmas presents for my mom last night.

That is all.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Good Morning. I am drinking coffee mixed with hot chocolate again.
    That is all.
    Occupy Your Brain!

For just about $100 more, I could buy a whole new new washing machine and dump this 1-1/2 year old POS Whirlpool. I am not a happy camper.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I was off yesterday. Whenever I am off for a day I always cringe when I walk back into my cube because I hate seeing the light flashing on my phone saying I have voicemails (probably a holdover from when I was a social worker and the voicemails were never happy messages). I was happy to see that the light was not blinking today. No fires to put out. Of course, I do have about 75 emails to get back to...
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    whoa in a slump today

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    I have a theory that says by the time you are out of 4th grade you have heard every possible joke about your name. A corollary to this theory is that as an adult one should not make a joke about someone else's name, no matter how clever one imagines it to be.
    Man, do I know that drill.. My name was heavily Anglicized when we immigrated, but we kept the original pronounication. I'm used to people not being able to spell it, but kids shortened it then proceeded mock me endlessly about it. Needless to say that's were I develeoped my dry, acid wit and sharp tongue.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    Man, do I know that drill.. My name was heavily Anglicized when we immigrated, but we kept the original pronounication. I'm used to people not being able to spell it, but kids shortened it then proceeded mock me endlessly about it. Needless to say that's were I develeoped my dry, acid wit and sharp tongue.
    I got teased about my last name as a kid, and now my oldest daughter is experiencing it. I told her the only thing she can do is laugh with them, or when she turns 18 she can change her name.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2005
    What a great idea!
    Quick someone get some hot chocolate cause here are the marshmellows:
    http://gizmodo.com/5967271/booze+inf...-hot-chocolate
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Thanks to my wife's new-found obsession with Pinterest, I have not been allowed to throw out or recycle any glass jars for a few months now. This morning, I went to get something out of a cabinet in the garage and found that there must be about 60 emptied and cleaned spaghetti sauce, pickle, and jelly jars. I have only seen her use about 3 or 4 jars for any projects since she started saving them.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Thanks to my wife's new-found obsession with Pinterest, I have not been allowed to throw out or recycle any glass jars for a few months now. This morning, I went to get something out of a cabinet in the garage and found that there must be about 60 emptied and cleaned spaghetti sauce, pickle, and jelly jars. I have only seen her use about 3 or 4 jars for any projects since she started saving them.
    Thats okay. My wife has a fetish about saving boxes because we might need one to mail something in. We mail stuff occassionally, like for birthdays and Christmas.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Thats okay. My wife has a fetish about saving boxes because we might need one to mail something in. We mail stuff occassionally, like for birthdays and Christmas.
    I watched Hoarders last night. Just sayin'.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    While The Man was having a colonoscopy last Friday, he received a text message from one of our commissioners that read "while they have your a-hole pried open, why don't you have them stick the code compliance staff up there?" Sorry code compliance staff.
    Inappropriate. Bad move. I hope that he saved the message.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    A GIANT I told you so is being sent over to Fiscal today.

For as nitpicky as they have been on some issues (ummm 45 cents on a $1600 bill?) they sure can't seem to read loan's terms of agreement before submitting a draw down request. Told them what they were asking for is not an allowable expense last week.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I wish I couldn't relate... but unfortunately my house is full of bottles that have been painted, or have been glued with salt and other crap....

I love crafts as much as the next guy......but I am at the end of my rope with this junk. Add that to the fact that I can buy a factory made, nice piece of junk for $3 at Hobby Lobby, and I do not see the point...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2008
    I have a north facing wooden porch, 8 steps up from the sidewalk. Freezes like a giant ice cube. We got some snow, everybody walked all over the steps before I could shovel, frozen solid. Last night after work I was hurrying around to get some stuff done (put up the tree, etc.) and I went down those steps like a bag of dirt. Both my feet went out from under me at the top of the porch just like in a cartoon - and thence all the way to the bottom on my elbows and backside.

Holy crap I am sore!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I have a north facing wooden porch, 8 steps up from the sidewalk. Freezes like a giant ice cube. We got some snow, everybody walked all over the steps before I could shovel, frozen solid. Last night after work I was hurrying around to get some stuff done (put up the tree, etc.) and I went down those steps like a bag of dirt. Both my feet went out from under me at the top of the porch just like in a cartoon - and thence all the way to the bottom on my elbows and backside.

Holy crap I am sore!
    Maybe if you just tried harder.... work through the soreness... patsy...

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I think it's hilarious when someone spams a post by the CEO at LinkedIn...

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Maybe if you just tried harder.... work through the soreness... patsy...
    My wife's first question when I went back inside...."Did anybody see you?" (as she's laughing...) She's a real Florence Nightingale.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Jan 2005
    My wife's first question when I went back inside...."Did anybody see you?" (as she's laughing...) She's a real Florence Nightingale.
    You can't say she didn't care... about you looking like a fool That is love

Registered
    Dec 2008
    You can't say she didn't care... about you looking like a fool That is love
    I did have a weird dream involving nudity, trenchcoats and a van with no brakes after my slip and fall. And oh yeah, she was in it too. So no complaints I guess.

Closed thread
Page 246 of 374 FirstFirst ... 236 245 246 247 256 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141