Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 261 of 374 FirstFirst ... 251 260 261 262 271 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Mar 2007
    We just had a wrapping party in our office for the gifts that we bought for the adopted family. I have always avoided wrapping duties in years past because I was always embarrassed by my skills but decided to partake today since I wanted some of the tasty treats that were brought in. After watching some of my co-workers wrap gifts, I have learned that I have nothing to be embarrassed about.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    You guys are seriously disturbed. Sure, I know you probably felt inadequate as a child when you saw the size of the pen that your father carried but you're adults now. Pens envy is treatable. Get help before you pass it on to another generation.
    My preferred pen of choice is a blue Pilot G-2 .07 retractable. I am allowed to order one box per year which precisely lasts me. I am the only one allowed to order a $15 box of pens and everyone in the office knows they are mine.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    We just had a wrapping party in our office for the gifts that we bought for the adopted family. I have always avoided wrapping duties in years past because I was always embarrassed by my skills but decided to partake today since I wanted some of the tasty treats that were brought in. After watching some of my co-workers wrap gifts, I have learned that I have nothing to be embarrassed about.
    I'm good with paper, but my ribbon and bows skills suck. I have no plans to improve those skills.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    May 2005
    My preferred choice of pen is one that works and is laying around somewhere in my office. I have never been a pen fetishist.

Now for other fetishes........
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Looks like we'll be pursuing adoption.
    Congrats!!!!

Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    Judging by how often everyone posts here, I am guessing I am not the only person out there who doesn't always have enough to do at work.
    This thread is moving pretty quickly now. I guess everyone got over their Thanksgiving turkey slump.

Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    A steak on the grill is excellent.

I rarely order a steak from a restaurant nowadays. I've become disappointed in the flavor - and in one case a fairly higher end place.
    I try to only order steak at places that I know that will do it right. I agree though, I love steak on the grill. I also love the the smell of steak coming from other people's houses.
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    OMG there is something seriously in the water north of me - too many things falling apart up there - if it wasn't for my family, I wouldn't go there on weekends anymore...

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I'm usually not impressed by the USPS but today I am. Look at the sequence and timing from order placement to shipping to anticipated arrival. Not that it's coming from a long way away but this is the heavy shipping time of the year.

Order Placed in Interweb
    December 19, 2012, 2:15 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    December 19, 2012, 4:40 pm
    OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73179

Shipment Accepted at USPS
    December 19, 2012, 5:05 pm
    OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73125

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    December 19, 2012, 5:55 pm
    OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73107

Depart USPS Sort Facility
    December 20, 2012
    OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73107

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    December 20, 2012, 11:54 am
    DALLAS, TX 75260

Expected Delivery By:
    December 21, 2012

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    OMG there is something seriously in the water north of me - too many things falling apart up there - if it wasn't for my family, I wouldn't go there on weekends anymore...
    What's falling apart up there? Bridges? Interstate relations? International relations with Canada? Plans for a giant Celine Dion statue straddling Bar Harbor like the Colossus of Rhodes?

I'm just curious....
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    What's falling apart up there? Bridges? Interstate relations? International relations with Canada? Plans for a giant Celine Dion statue straddling Bar Harbor like the Colossus of Rhodes?

I'm just curious....
    3 marriages of very close friends of mine - it's incredibly sad

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dw914er View post
    I try to only order steak at places that I know that will do it right. I agree though, I love steak on the grill. I also love the the smell of steak coming from other people's houses.
    I've noticed this too! The only thing that smells better than grilling at one's own house is the scent of someone else in the neighborhood grilling. Wonder why that is?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by dw914er View post
    I use a commercial mailbox service that is located across the parking lot from a Mexican restaurant. I nearly drool all over my mail when they 're cooking fajitas and the wind is coming from that direction. I've eaten there and the fajitas are good but not nearly as good as the smell wafting through the air.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Smart ads are crazy accurate.

Spying little robots reading my mind.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    My ED should never be allowed to write a board resolution. I had to point out to my boss that one of the sections is factually inaccurate. She said it was accurate until he rewrote it. I asked her what should I put in the minutes then

Got an email from the fucktard architect the ED likes to use on his projects that it will "only take 21 days for the plans to be reviewed in order to get a building permit!" No asshole, 21 days is the window in which the city has to approve/deny a permit, they don't like you which is why they will take the ENTIRE 21 days. I already pulled a favor to get your plans out of planning & zoning and into permitting for review. Your plans suck, you didn't submit changes when you were told to, and permit dude is on vacay next week. He told me that I didn't have a "good relationship" with the city. I got favors for days jerko.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I love the word "fucktard" - it's so awesome

Registered
    May 2005
    I wanna know what love is, I want you to show me.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Aug 2002
    3 marriages of very close friends of mine - it's incredibly sad
    Better odds for you, then. That's what my DH always says.

AIB ofos. About 6 months ago, I place an online order with a company I've ordered from before. Item would be sent from Michigan in an oversized envelope. Usually takes 4-5 days. Ten days later, it has not yet shown up... two weeks... going on three...

I contact the shipper, who agrees to send out another gratis. Of course, the next day - only minutes before the replacement is to be mailed -- the envelope shows up. The USPS tracking history was something like this:

MAY 5
    Shipped from xxxxxxxxx, Michigan

MAY 6
    Arrives in xxmiddleofnowherexx, Missouri sorting facility

MAY 7
    Leaves xxmiddleofnowherexx, Missouri sorting facility

MAY 9
    Arrives in xxmiddleofnowherexx, Nevada sorting facility. NEVADA?? Package is supposed to be going east, not west!

Package inexplicably sits in Nevada for two and a half weeks... lost under a table somewhere? .... before being shipped east again. Strange.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    30 more minutes of work left until I come in next Thursday and then I am off again until the 2nd.

I am so fighting the urge to RJ these last 30 minutes away...
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2005
    I sometimes fret over whether a thought of mine is more appropriate as a FB status update, a post on Cyburbia, or a tweet on Twitter.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Better odds for you, then. That's what my DH always says.
    see that's the problem - the narcissicist in me says wait, am I going to be dumped for a better model too???

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I sometimes fret over whether a thought of mine is more appropriate as a FB status update, a post on Cyburbia, or a tweet on Twitter.
    That's why I only do Cyburbia. I have a little facebook account that got taken over by a bunch of raunchy Argentinians. One day I'll delete it and start again maybe. How do you delete a facebook account anyway? Cyburbia feels safer to me.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Nov 2009
    see that's the problem - the narcissicist in me says wait, am I going to be dumped for a better model too???
    better??

Sacrebleu luckless! You are complete awesomeness.
    Occupy Your Brain!

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    better??

And you have a couple of great assets!

Registered
    Dec 2008
    better??

Agreed. There's not a better model. You're brain candy. That came out weird. Disregard. I'm sure you're eye candy too, it's just I chose brain candy.........getting weirder. You know what I mean. What TS said!!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    omg that was awesome and hilarious

Registered
    Aug 2005
    My eye hurts and I have a headache.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Closed thread
Page 261 of 374 FirstFirst ... 251 260 261 262 271 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141