Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 269 of 374 FirstFirst ... 259 268 269 270 279 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I have no dozen cookies of any kind.

Registered
    Mar 2004

A Pure Michigan™ Christmas!

(Helping the 10K cause, if just a little bit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50IgzksUqpQ

Enjoy!

Mike

Registered
    Mar 2002
    We're up to 98.36 inches of rain. 100 inches is going to be easy. Might happen tomorrow.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I itch
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Today we are pretending like it is Christmas Eve.... I want more holiday days off... eve's should be federal holidays....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    My kitty has warm little jelly bean toes.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    The part around the you-know-what cafe sure is.

Hey, kjel, PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a you-know-what cafe postcard.
    Check PM
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 1998
    The Newtown massacre was a conspiracy by the communist Obama people to rape the Second Amendment. I saw it on the world wide web.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by mike gurnee View post
    The Newtown massacre was a conspiracy by the communist Obama people to rape the Second Amendment. I saw it on the world wide web.
    Must be true, it's on the internet.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I'm looking to acquire a piano.
    MW and I are too! How exciting! Do you play? Do you know how much work taking care of a piano is? We are learning all of this right now. Mind boggling.

Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    I have a Facebook stalker. It's a guy I went to junior and senior high school with. .
    Delete him. He may be upset at first, but after a few days he will likely forget all about it and find someone else to focus on. Don't let him make you feel uncomfortable. Better to be a jerk for 5 mins than to have a creepy stalker, and if he lives in another state, he shouldn't be stopping by your home anytime soon.

Alternatively, if you aren't comfortable deleting him yet, you can create a new category on FB and place him in it. Go to his page, where it says "friends" in the upper right hand corner, click on that and a drop down menu will open. Select "add to another list". Click "new list", name it "creeper". Then whenever you post to FB, you can exclude the post from the creeper category. Just click on "friends" next to the "post" button, then select "custom" and add the creeper category to the exclusion list. After you do this a few times, I think FB will remember the setting and will default to excluding the creeper category until you change it. To him, it will just seem that you have stopped posting. He will have no idea that you are excluding him.
    Last edited by TerraSapient; 23 Dec 2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    a facebook-creeps split might be interesting, but we're doing so well lately with RT that I think I'll pass this time
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    a facebook-creeps split might be interesting, but we're doing so well lately with RT that I think I'll pass this time
    You chose ... wisely.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    It never ceases to amaze me what a wonderful chef I am. If you can do it, it ain't bragging.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Mar 2002
    RJ, what is the difference between something that is "blank" and something that is "intentionally blank?"

Registered
    Feb 2007
    nothing says holiday cheer like the grandparents-n-law bringing with them a case of wine from gallo reserve
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Do I really have to do this? PM sent.

In the name of fighting ignorance ...

"Puffies" are aerolas with a slight pillow-like rise, rather than being flush to the breast.
    I shoulda read this before I checked the PM! Yikes!

On a happier note, we had omelets, blueberries, and RJ's mostly-homemade cinnamon pecan rolls for brunch. Of course some bubbly was involved. Scrumptious.

Also, last night I had a somewhat d-dialing experience, and had a nice chat with The One and Mrs TO. At least, I remember it as a nice chat. I hope they do, too.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    25 years ago I made much less than half of what I make now. Yet it seemed I had more money then. Why is that? Inflation does not account for it. My income tax rate is lower than it was then. Maybe it is because I own a house and have all the income sucks that involves.

Registered
    May 2004
    25 years ago I made much less than half of what I make now. Yet it seemed I had more money then. Why is that? .
    Did you develop a drug habit or something?
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3129.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	5074

i inverted the nipples on the 2nd batch.

(sorry about the glare)
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Uh, no. No. No drug habit. Nope. Those pills are for my, um, brother in law. Yeah, that's it, my brother in law. He, um, has a bad back. And, uh, was in the war.

Sure seems hot in here. You got anything to drink?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    RJ, what is the difference between something that is "blank" and something that is "intentionally blank?"
    Oh, come on, man. You've seen those legal briefs with the phrase "The remainder of this page left intentionally blank." You haven't? You don't wear briefs? Never mind then.

Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Man, that was cold. But potentially accurate. Meth, it's a hellava drug.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Attachment 5074

i inverted the nipples on the 2nd batch.

(sorry about the glare)
    That's something I would nibble. Glare doesn't bother me. I nibble with my eyes closed.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Just got curb-stomped in a two-man game of Risk with my son. #Humbled.
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    Oh, come on, man. You've seen those legal briefs with the phrase "The remainder of this page left intentionally blank."
    I know. That was just my inner grammarian coming out. "Intentionally left blank" is OK, as is "left blank intentionally." But "left intentionally blank" doesn't work. I have a hard time with something that is described as "intentionally blank." The page has intentions? But probably most bureaucrats who feel the need to comment on the reasons behind the blankness don't care much about grammar.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    MW and I are too! How exciting! Do you play? Do you know how much work taking care of a piano is? We are learning all of this right now. Mind boggling.

Delete him. He may be upset at first, but after a few days he will likely forget all about it and find someone else to focus on. Don't let him make you feel uncomfortable. Better to be a jerk for 5 mins than to have a creepy stalker, and if he lives in another state, he shouldn't be stopping by your home anytime soon.

Alternatively, if you aren't comfortable deleting him yet, you can create a new category on FB and place him in it. Go to his page, where it says "friends" in the upper right hand corner, click on that and a drop down menu will open. Select "add to another list". Click "new list", name it "creeper". Then whenever you post to FB, you can exclude the post from the creeper category. Just click on "friends" next to the "post" button, then select "custom" and add the creeper category to the exclusion list. After you do this a few times, I think FB will remember the setting and will default to excluding the creeper category until you change it. To him, it will just seem that you have stopped posting. He will have no idea that you are excluding him.
    I had two pianos before I sold my house. If you're not sure you'll play, look for a good used one. Don't agree to buy one until you pay a piano tuner to check it out for you. I had a wonderful old upright and a baby grand, and both were given to me.

Right now, Facebook stalker is amusing me. No one finds me as interesting as he does, and its kind of a game to see how long it takes him to LIKE something I post. He and his wife will soon be unfriended and blocked.

Closed thread
Page 269 of 374 FirstFirst ... 259 268 269 270 279 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141