Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 280 of 374 FirstFirst ... 270 279 280 281 290 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Legend.... wait for it... dary.

I find that we have to use big words and flowery words to hide the truth. I would go a place with customer service. After the first time there, I will determine the quality of that service. Your motto is pretty useless to me. Just do it.
    If I can't open the business I want and waive my required impact fees, then your customer service sucks.
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dw914er View post
    If I can't open the business I want and waive my required impact fees, then your customer service sucks.
    Well I appreciate your constructive criticism and will use it to better myself and my staff. We strive to assure you are always happy. Have a nice day.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Well I appreciate your constructive criticism and will use it to better myself and my staff. We strive to assure you are always happy. Have a nice day.
    and go f yourself

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    I am kinda over this "legendary customer service" motto that my employer has. Really, my true response should be about 1/2 the time is go fuck yourself...
    That's not the government way of doing things. I like to thing the general public doesn't expect a whole lot, so I don't try that hard. However today I did draw a diagram for a fence location for a resident....I even opened up word and made little colorful boxes and labels and saved them on an aerial of the property.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Feb 2007
    We can do 25 posts today... and what up with the Jersey Mike's subs ad banner on cyburbia. Googled the nearest Jersey Mike's : 170 miles to the south in LA
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by beach_bum View post
    That's not the government way of doing things. I like to thing the general public doesn't expect a whole lot, so I don't try that hard. However today I did draw a diagram for a fence location for a resident....I even opened up word and made little colorful boxes and labels and saved them on an aerial of the property.
    Funny... I drew people diagram/sketches hell i even redesigned a home for a couple once to save them money from cutting down a tree. Really i should just start billing my time seperately for these services, hopefully at my old billable rate of $130 an hour sounds good to me.
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Mar 2002
    In about an hour I have to go to the dentist to have two small cavities fixed. I hope they give me some candy if I don't cry.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Dead Man's Curve on I-90 in Cleveland.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    May 2004
    I literally don't have a thought in my brain. No specific thoughts. No random thoughts. Nothing.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    I literally don't have a thought in my brain. No specific thoughts. No random thoughts. Nothing.
    well, thanks for sharing that just the same

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Just doing my part to pad get this thread to 7k. I really have nothing to say today.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Vacuous. Like
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005

I feel like a Walmart greeter

Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Just doing my part to pad get this thread to 7k. I really have nothing to say today.
    but it's always great to see you here

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Is there a "Dead Man's Curve" in every town? I know where mine is. I'm pretty sure there was a dead man's curve in whatever town that dog Lassie was from, too. There might even have been one on Gilligan's Island....
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Oct 2005
    How old were you when you first realized your whole family was crazy? For me sometime in my mid 20s and it gets more and more obvious each year.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    How old were you when you first realized your whole family was crazy? For me sometime in my mid 20s and it gets more and more obvious each year.
    Early on. We put the fun in dysfunctional. We're dying out though....my mom is gone, my uncle passed in August. Just my aunt, me, and my girls now.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    I figured this one out pretty early on. My family has never been close largely due to craziness on the part of various family members.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    My sister couldn't leave to come visit today, they got 14-18 inches of snow in her Indiana town. Tomorrow is our birthday (we have the same birthday, just six years apart) so I really hope she can make it to our parents tomorrow.
    Hope your sister made it and I hope you're having a great birthday! Wait, did I miss a birthday thread? I will check....
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I drove over 1300 miles from TX to CA just to make this random post. Y'all can thank me later.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    I drove over 1300 miles from TX to CA just to make this random post. Y'all can thank me later.
    How dare you be in California! You could have detoured to pick me up at least. What part of California are you visiting again?

Registered
    Jul 2007
    The BF has been home sick for days...and I'm going to hurt him before he gets better if he can't handle a cold like an adult.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hubby called me a nerd for enjoying my new space planning basics book.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    There might even have been one on Gilligan's Island....
    Yep, right on Ginger....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    We don't have a Dead Man's Curve but we do have a Kamikaze Curve that NYSDOT is spending ~$200 million to fix. They're even doing PR to rename it Prospect Mountain but it will always be Kamikaze Curve to me.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Welcome to the Golden State
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Closed thread
Page 280 of 374 FirstFirst ... 270 279 280 281 290 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141