Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 309 of 374 FirstFirst ... 299 308 309 310 319 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    They make dishwashers for a reason folks. A quick rinse and into the washer they go. It's one of the nice modern amenities.
    My dishwasher clogs up when I put too much stuff in there. Maybe I need a new dishwasher.....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    In Chicago? I've been there before. Neat little neighborhood place.
    Chicago??? Anchor Bar is in Buffalo, birthplace of Buffalo wings!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    My dishwasher clogs up when I put too much stuff in there. Maybe I need a new dishwasher.....
    What are you putting in there? It's not a wood chipper, Hink....
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Jan 2005
    CM CREDITS!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Going to be on the road again today. Willcox, AZ to Pecos, TX so posting will be minimal.
    No. That's no excuse.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Does anyone plan on seeing Promised Land? It's about Marcellus shale industry, and was filmed about 20 miles from here.

I'm going to have to see it twice. Once for content and once to spot the extras who are folks that I know.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    What are you putting in there? It's not a wood chipper, Hink....
    We eat wood at my house. I put in left over wood....

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    Does anyone plan on seeing Promised Land? It's about Marcellus shale industry, and was filmed about 20 miles from here.

I'm going to have to see it twice. Once for content and once to spot the extras who are folks that I know.
    I saw the piece on Sunday morning about it. Seems pretty political but I enjoy Matt Damon.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    We gave up our dishwasher when we moved from one house to another. I don't think we ever used it more than once or twice a year. For a two-person household, it's just as easy to wash dishes by hand.
    We use our d/w almost every night. The pets go through a lot of dishes. Always baking mousie pies and such.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post

I'm torn. It interests me but the situation is so depressing I can't watch.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    My hubby made some awesome tomato sauce for spaghetti last night - from scratch

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Uggh, my ex boyfriend (from eight years ago) has been using every excuse to email me lately, he is married with kiddos now. I'm too nice to ignore him, but seriously, its enough.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I have a feeling when I come back from lunch I'll have at least 3 or 4 pages of Random Thoughts to go through. Need to run by the credit union too.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I should probably get out of bed at some point today.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by beach_bum View post
    Uggh, my ex boyfriend (from eight years ago) has been using every excuse to email me lately, he is married with kiddos now. I'm too nice to ignore him, but seriously, its enough.
    You should respond to his advances just to freak him out!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Why is he coming on to you? Is he unhappy that he lost you? Or is he just looking for some extra tomato sauce?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    My hubby made some awesome tomato sauce for spaghetti last night - from scratch
    Well share how he did it. I assume tomatoes. What else ya got in there?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    About to head to Anchor Bar. When in Rome..
    Do as the "Romans" do, and head down Allen Street for Gabriel's Gate instead. Much better wings.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I have a feeling when I come back from lunch I'll have at least 3 or 4 pages of Random Thoughts to go through. Need to run by the credit union too.
    I would guess if you are gone for an hour, it will be around 4 pages. That will give you plenty to comment on.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I saw the piece on Sunday morning about it. Seems pretty political but I enjoy Matt Damon.
    It was filmed around Saltsburg, PA, named for the salt mines in the area. It's a cool little town, along the Conemaugh River.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I guess he realizes now what a mistake he made. Did you ever enjoy a beer with him on a boat that didn't move, the smell of diesel in the air on a river at sunset?
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Is a long lunch acceptable today? I think so.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    You should respond to his advances just to freak him out!
    That would be more fun if we lived close by, I really don't have any interest in being a homewrecker, he made his choices long ago. I would have married him.

Why is he coming on to you? Is he unhappy that he lost you? Or is he just looking for some extra tomato sauce?
    I'm thinking he must be hitting a rough patch in his marriage, you always look at the last relationship you had as comparision. I had a few small ones between him and my current BF, so I dont think of him much (I know, cold, right)
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Er
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Chicago??? Anchor Bar is in Buffalo, birthplace of Buffalo wings!
    According to google nav it is a 22 minute walk from my hotel at Delaware and Chippewa.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    Is a long lunch acceptable today? I think so.
    Today is the last day of 2012, which was supposed to be the last year. So we are working with borrowed time. Enjoy life!

Closed thread
Page 309 of 374 FirstFirst ... 299 308 309 310 319 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 01 Jan 2014, 12:58 AM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 01 Jan 2012, 12:53 AM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 7:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141