Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Closed thread
Page 310 of 374 FirstFirst ... 300 309 310 311 320 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I would guess if you are gone for an hour, it will be around 4 pages. That will give you plenty to comment on.
    Uhhhh, the rate it's going if he's gone for an hour it will be about 8 pages. Geez.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    I guess he realizes now what a mistake he made. Did you ever enjoy a beer with him on a boat that didn't move, the smell of diesel in the air on a river at sunset?
    That was a lovely time! Funny how even though the boat was not moving I was still a bit nauseous (must have been the combo of the diesel and alcohol )

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I should probably get out of bed at some point today.
    Nah... everyone deserves a lazy day once in awhile.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by beach_bum View post
    Uggh, my ex boyfriend (from eight years ago) has been using every excuse to email me lately, he is married with kiddos now. I'm too nice to ignore him, but seriously, its enough.
    Stop being nice, and ignore him. Don't even tell him to leave you alone; that gives him an opportunity to respond.

The same thing happened to me, except the guy is my friend's brother. I'm included in a few of the family events, and I listen to him play music at a local place. He started texting and messaging me a few months ago, and I had to ignore him. I felt bad about ignoring him, but not as bad as I'd feel if his marriage suffered and it looked like I might be the cause.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I'm thinking he must be hitting a rough patch in his marriage, you always look at the last relationship you had as comparision. I had a few small ones between him and my current BF, so I dont think of him much (I know, cold, right)
    Yea, especially if you are better than what he ended up with. The grass is always greener kinda thing. Statistically more marriages break up after the new year.... odd but true.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2003
    Black Monday for NFL coaches. Wow there's going to be a spike in unemployment.
    Not valid without corporate seal

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Uhhhh, the rate it's going if he's gone for an hour it will be about 8 pages. Geez.
    Yea what about it? You got something to say... say it!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Just as a note, we are going to CRUSH 8k. All those doubters....

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Get in the game, my big haired friend!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I just changed my desk caledar to get ready for 2013.

Fuck you very much 2012!
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Yea, especially if you are better than what he ended up with. The grass is always greener kinda thing. Statistically more marriages break up after the new year.... odd but true.
    People hold on so that they don't wreck the holidays....

In my experience, the holidays were wrecked for me.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    Stop being nice, and ignore him. Don't even tell him to leave you alone; that gives him an opportunity to respond.

The same thing happened to me, except the guy is my friend's brother. I'm included in a few of the family events, and I listen to him play music at a local place. He started texting and messaging me a few months ago, and I had to ignore him. I felt bad about ignoring him, but not as bad as I'd feel if his marriage suffered and it looked like I might be the cause.
    I keep the responses low content and general. There would be no blood on my hands if his marriage fell apart. Not responding would be worse in this case...then he would over analyze the situation and send me even longer emails.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Just as a note, we are going to CRUSH 8k. All those doubters....
    For The Bear.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Dr. appointment on the 7th and based upon my last PT appointment I'm thinking surgery may be in my future.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    You would think there'd be a lot more rock songs with the word "USA" in the title. Don't get me wrong, there are quite a few, it just seems like there would be more when you consider the art form was created here.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005

I have that around here. A close friend and her husband are getting ready to split. My wife and I know it is going to happen.... yet she still invited them to our house for the New Year. It should be interesting. I hope that they work it out, but my guess is that by my birthday - February everyone... mark it down - they won't be together.

It is sad really.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2007
    I AM better than what he ended up with and many of our friends at that time know it because I'm a good catch! Frankly, I'm kind of surprised things have lasted as long as they have.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    sink....blink....kink....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    That was a lovely time! Funny how even though the boat was not moving I was still a bit nauseous (must have been the combo of the diesel and alcohol )
    I'm glad it wasn't the companionship of 2 of your favorite Cyburbians that made you nauseous.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Fuck you very much 2012!
    Ditto!

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Get in the game, my big haired friend!
    PUT ME IN COACH! I'm big and slow and I don't jump and can't shoot! PUT ME IN!!!!

We've done that. But we're actually both pretty lazy also, so then we just kept on going. I'm sorry your holidays got wrecked once kms. I am.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I hear voices upstairs. Children are moving. The demands will start. "I'm hungry." "What do we have to eat?" Music to my ears.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I may be the temporary posting queen but Maister is the king of randomness.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Which fruit do you like best: tangerines, lemons, oranges, grapefruit, canteloupe, or watermelons?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    For The Bear.

I love it.

I think we need to recalibrate for Bear. I want 9,327. The number of posts Bear has on Cyburbia.

We need to work people.

Closed thread
Page 310 of 374 FirstFirst ... 300 309 310 311 320 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141