Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 47 of 374 FirstFirst ... 37 46 47 48 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    I must side with RJ on this one. Beautiful food tastes better. I am also a freak about flawless omelets. Crepes too! If I ever make it down to Florida we will have a perfect omelet cook off. ......
    Thank you TS. Appearance and presentation are a large part of the eating experience.
    That gauntlet has been thrown down....omelets at twenty paces. And then we do the BBQ cook off. Wait, fire is involved. Ladies must stand back from the fire. It's a man's job.

In other news; very big things in a positive direction could be happening for yours truly on the professional front here on the panhandle. Send positive vibes my way. Time will tell.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    . Ladies must stand back from the fire. It's a man's job.
    The exception is Lady Firefighters.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    Thank you TS. Appearance and presentation are a large part of the eating experience.
    That gauntlet has been thrown down....omelets at twenty paces. And then we do the BBQ cook off. Wait, fire is involved. Ladies must stand back from the fire. It's a man's job.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Yesterday after work I donated my 24th pint of blood - which puts me at the 3 gallon mark. When I was in Florida last month, I noticed that my grandma has an ashtray from the Red Cross thanking her for 3 gallons. I wonder when I can expect my ashtray in the mail?
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Yesterday after work I donated my 24th pint of blood - which puts me at the 3 gallon mark. When I was in Florida last month, I noticed that my grandma has an ashtray from the Red Cross thanking her for 3 gallons. I wonder when I can expect my ashtray in the mail?
    4 out of 5 doctors recommend smoking a cigarette while donating blood...
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    May 2005
    Air travel is just too expensive. Espeically with 4 of us. I don't know how people fly to their vacation destinations with families. It seems it would take up all of your money.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2007
    SmashBurger rules my life these days. All other fast food burger joints should probably just go away at this point.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Air travel is just too expensive. Espeically with 4 of us. I don't know how people fly to their vacation destinations with families. It seems it would take up all of your money.
    Amen. We have to take exclusively driving vacations in Big Red (don't tell the APA, but I have to drive an Expedition). This spring I will be rolling the family vacation into the APA in LA. It's a good 12 hours to LA. Do you know how much Hot Chelle Rae I will be subjected to during those 12 hours?

On another note, I have been informed that my shirt choice today reminds the office staff here of the clothes that "Cam" on "Modern Family" wears. He is a stylish bastard, that Cam.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    SmashBurger rules my life these days. All other fast food burger joints should probably just go away at this point.
    I think some Five Guys fans would have an issue with that.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Blide View post
    I think some Five Guys fans would have an issue with that.
    I would prefer my lunch to be the SmashBurger, with Five Guys Fries. That's unbeatable. Like those two girls that were friends in Jr. High and you'd sit around after school imagining if you could put Kristin's head on Janie's body. Holy cow would that be awesome.....Alas. You have to settle. *sigh*.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    May 2005
    I've never had it yet. We don't have one in Macomb County. They opened up 2 in Grand Rapids right after we moved.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I've never had it yet. We don't have one in Macomb County. They opened up 2 in Grand Rapids right after we moved.
    There's one in West Bloomfield. If I stretch my lunch out a couple extra minutes, leave at 11:30 to beat the lunchtime rush, and don't hit any red lights in either direction, I can make it work.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Never had Smashburger- how is it superior to the Five Guys?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I love SmashBurger too! There's one that's about 10 minutes away from the office that we will occasionally hit up on a long lunch hour. Sign up for their emails and they send you a free coupon from time to time. They have good chicken sandwiches too.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    What is this Smashburger you speak off ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    I would prefer my lunch to be the SmashBurger, with Five Guys Fries...
    SmashBurger has seasoned sweet potato fries. Five Guys cannot compete with that!

Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    Never had Smashburger- how is it superior to the Five Guys?
    More options... The set up is basically the same in that you order a burger and can pick from a bunch of condiments/toppings. SmashBurger has a variety of buns to pick from and the a few different cheeses. They also have fried eggs to put on the burgers - possibly my favorite burger topping ever. SmashBurger also has milkshakes. If Five Guys had milkshakes, it would be a closer competition, but they unfortunately refuse to step into the 1950s.

Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    I love SmashBurger.... They have good chicken sandwiches too.
    I had my first chicken sandwich from there today. Very good!

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    What is this Smashburger you speak off ?
    I've never heard of it either. But then, the only burgers I eat are veggie burgers and the occasional salmon burger.

Seasoned sweet potato fries sound good, though.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    I would prefer my lunch to be the SmashBurger, with Five Guys Fries. That's unbeatable. Like those two girls that were friends in Jr. High and you'd sit around after school imagining if you could put Kristin's head on Janie's body. Holy cow would that be awesome.....Alas. You have to settle. *sigh*.
    Not a fan of Five Guys.... Smashburger is quite good. Although I recently found out that their Buckeye Burger (1/3 lb, fried onions, bbq sauce, cheese, lettuce, and tomato) is over 1,200 calories.... Yikes.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Not a fan of Five Guys.... Smashburger is quite good. Although I recently found out that their Buckeye Burger (1/3 lb, fried onions, bbq sauce, cheese, lettuce, and tomato) is over 1,200 calories.... Yikes.
    Five Guys is OK. I do find it to be on the pricey side.

Registered
    Dec 2010
    I've never even heard of smashburger and now I see they are here in the Kansas City metro (over on the Kansas side).

Time to take the rest of the day, this is more important than what I'm supposed to be working on
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Anybody notice St. Patrick's Day falls on a Saturday this year?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Awesome. Tomorrow has been usurped by meetings. ALL DAY LONG.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jan 2005
    It is 4:56 on one clock... but 4:57 on another. Weird.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    Anybody notice St. Patrick's Day falls on a Saturday this year?
    Great... i will be on sidewalk hosing duty for my wife's downtown store. The drunks will be out in force!
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by CPSURaf View post
    Great... i will be on sidewalk hosing duty for my wife's downtown store. The drunks will be out in force!
    Everywhere else the drunks do all the sidewalk hosing. You left coasters just have to be different.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Closed thread
Page 47 of 374 FirstFirst ... 37 46 47 48 57 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM