Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 48 of 374 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Everywhere else the drunks do all the sidewalk hosing. You left coasters just have to be different.
    I should have had to PAY YOU for the laughing I just got out of that! (bows humbly to the reactionary-joke gun-fight master)
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    It is 4:56 on one clock... but 4:57 on another. Weird.
    Wait to have 2 cell phones, same brand, same service provider, and they have 2 different times
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Tomorrow is my Friday. Thursday I'm flying to southeast Florida for golf and spring training baseball games. Returning on Monday.

EDIT: One of our nearby communities set a record today, "snatching the crown" from the Australians.

http://www.newsherald.com/articles/p...each-city.html

I had a public hearing today and couldn't attend the parade.
    Last edited by Richmond Jake; 06 Mar 2012 at 7:47 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    It's 11:54 on March 7th. According to my calendar of events I'm supposed to post a link to a Concrete Blond video.

Still in Hollywood
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I'm walking over to the Post Office. Anybody need any stamps?
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Does PODS have a suitable competitor? I cannot find one.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    I'm walking over to the Post Office. Anybody need any stamps?
    I just need to know where I put mine.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Stamps are expensive. And yet they don't cover the costs. Not sure what I think about that....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.
    what are your chief weapons?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    Does PODS have a suitable competitor? I cannot find one.
    Funny you should ask - we've been looking into PODS, too. As far as I can tell - and this may apply only where we live - there aren't any companies that provide the full range of services. For example, you can get a similar type of storage unit, but the companies don't handle the transport.

FYI: Make sure you get insurance for your POD. My insurance agent said our stuff in the POD is covered as long as it's on our property, but not when it's in transit.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I'm going to New Orleans for a couple of days in May. My boss is busy so she's sending me instead
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Stamps are expensive. And yet they don't cover the costs. Not sure what I think about that....
    I think they should raise the cost of mailing junk mail. If nothing else, maybe it would make businesses (and whomever else) think twice about mass mailing a ton of junk that only goes into recycling.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    I'm going to New Orleans for a couple of days in May. My boss is busy so she's sending me instead
    That sounds real tough ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Rule of life 49: Don't try to transfer the beans from one bean bag into another in your living room.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Funny you should ask - we've been looking into PODS, too. As far as I can tell - and this may apply only where we live - there aren't any companies that provide the full range of services. For example, you can get a similar type of storage unit, but the companies don't handle the transport.

FYI: Make sure you get insurance for your POD. My insurance agent said our stuff in the POD is covered as long as it's on our property, but not when it's in transit.
    Thanks for the tip MP! I wouldn't have thought of that. The insurance is really inexpensive too. Our quote was $49.95 I believe. Well worth it for all my super awesome stuff.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    You call yourselves "slackers?" Hah! In my day we slacked six times as much as you have slacked all day before breakfast! And we didn't have the interwebs! We had to slack manually! You have it so easy now and you still can't slack worth a hill of beans! Now get out there and start slacking! That means YOU!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    This morning I felt like I woke up inside of a disco ball. I was dead to the world with my earplugs in, and the kid was up and wanting eggs and hash browns before the second day of GED testing, and my alarm had been going off for a few minutes, getting louder and louder, and he'd been knocking and got no answer. So he started flicking the master bedroom overhead lights using the switch in the hall. Really fast. Gotta hand it to him, he's creative. I've never bolted out of bed so fast in my life.

Registered
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    You call yourselves "slackers?" Hah! In my day we slacked six times as much as you have slacked all day before breakfast! And we didn't have the interwebs! We had to slack manually! You have it so easy now and you still can't slack worth a hill of beans! Now get out there and start slacking! That means YOU!

Sounds like you old timers put WAAAAYYYY too much energy into slacking. Phail?
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    While you down there, be sure to ride the street car. You can catch 'em running up and down St. Charles on the neutral ground. If you see anyone you know, be sure to tell them "where you at, dawlin'?" and ask "hows your momma and 'em?"

And have a muffalata at the Central Grocery or the brisket at Tujagues. It's all Naturally New Awlins.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    It's 11:54 on March 7th. According to my calendar of events I'm supposed to post a link to a Concrete Blond video.

Still in Hollywood
    I actually just heard a song on the radio today from the Talking Heads but instead of David Byrne it was the Concrete Blonde singer singing.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    My boss asked me to cover a presenation for him. He said it was for a large bank in the area. So I prepared and dressed like I was going to present to a room full of bankers on my community. Instead it was to a group of the banks retired clients. I should have guessed when the title was "after dark" and the event was from 4 to 6pm.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Hello Otis, my nemesis..

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    My boss asked me to cover a presenation for him. He said it was for a large bank in the area. So I prepared and dressed like I was going to present to a room full of bankers on my community. Instead it was to a group of the banks retired clients. I should have guessed when the title was "after dark" and the event was from 4 to 6pm.
    Reminiscent of our meeting with a Left Coast bank rep yesterday to discuss a New Markets Tax Credit deal....except that we ended up explaining how NMTC works to him The Wizard was not happy.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I think the phrase "why do you hate America" has become thoroughly entrenched as a fixture in Cyburbian culture (maybe we oughta add it to our lexicon in the FAQ?)

When was it first used? I'm certain it was introduced as a poll option maybe a couple years ago and I want to say the thread was started by either dandy or LP....does anyone recall?

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I think the phrase "why do you hate America" has become thoroughly entrenched as a fixture in Cyburbian culture (maybe we oughta add it to our lexicon in the FAQ?)

When was it first used? I'm certain it was introduced as a poll option maybe a couple years ago and I want to say the thread was started by either dandy or LP....does anyone recall?
    I always equate that saying with LP.

I always wonder about which threads have the highest (I think that's the right word?) ratio of "views" vs. "replies", say for threads that have at least 1,000 views or so.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Closed thread
Page 48 of 374 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 01 Jan 2014, 12:58 AM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 01 Jan 2012, 12:53 AM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 7:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141