Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 63 of 374 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    When the red flag is up that means there is a possibly of strong currents. Purple means dangerous marine life.

Your public service announce for today.

EDIT: I screwed this one up....
    Moderator note:
    fixed image link

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I'm writing an abstract for a poster submission and struggling with how honest I should be about the challenges encountered during this project. Ugh. Not what I want to be doing on Easter.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    When the red flag is up that means there is a possibly of strong currents. Purple means dangerous marine life.

Moderator note:
    fixed image link
    Boy, RJ is one to miss details. He probably didn't notice in the forground there's an interesting Cosmopolitan article "Are you using the right lip gloss?"
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008
    I'm typically a heavy sleeper. Not last night. Strange noises before going to bed. Knock on the front door....nobody there. Left all the outside lights on. Weird and anxious feelings...
    Vampires? Perhaps you are being stalked by vampires?
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Vampires? Perhaps you are being stalked by vampires?
    Again.. what type of vampires? Are we talking True Blood or Vampire Dairies. One version would have me scare, the other meh...
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by CPSURaf View post
    Again.. what type of vampires? Are we talking True Blood or Vampire Dairies. One version would have me scare, the other meh...
    Anne Rice vamps. Mean SOBs. Be scared.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Or the kick @ss vamps of the last two Blade movies or the goth/fetish vamps of Underworld.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Feb 2007

Public Comment Period Greatness...

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    U19 stalking you again?
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    U19 stalking you again?
    Don't think so. The names and address (obviously redacted) don't seem to "match" U19's identity.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I am having a bad day. I want to go home and snuggle with the baby and my kitty.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Word of the day (courtesy of Urban Dictionary): Frustressed.

Unfortunately, it's also the word of my day.

Registered
    Jul 2011

Moderator note:
    fixed image link

I don't get it. Were there supposed to be flags in that image?
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Tarf View post
    I don't get it. Were there supposed to be flags in that image?
    You're all a bunch of pervs.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    On TLC:"Mama's Boys from the Bronx". These guys can't be real. Not only can I not imagine any woman on earth dating them, I can't imagine any mother on earth not strangling them.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    So I can do it cheaper and stay longer, I'm probably going to be changing one letter in my planned vacation.

IRELAND!
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Oh hey there Cyburbia. So as it turns out, moving is really stressful. I have moved 4 times now in about 2 years, and this last one is really taking a toll on me. But hey, planners gotta do what a planners gotta do...
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by HomerJ View post
    I have moved 4 times now in about 2 years, and this last one is really taking a toll on me.
    I feels you, brah.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Oh hey there Cyburbia. So as it turns out, moving is really stressful. I have moved 4 times now in about 2 years, and this last one is really taking a toll on me. But hey, planners gotta do what a planners gotta do...
    Hopefully it will be worth it.... packing up stuff sucks in general... moving just makes it worse.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I don't know why it is, but every time I log on to Cyburbia today I get an inexplicable craving for unleavened bread. Wierd, huh?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I don't know why it is, but every time I log on to Cyburbia today I get an inexplicable craving for unleavened bread. Wierd, huh?
    Related story heard on NPR Moring Edition:

Why Matzo Makers Love Regulation
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Why is this Web site different from all other Web sites?

FWIW, KFP matzo tastes even more like cardboard than the regular unleavened. If you're a survivalist, though, it keeps forever, and you can get five-pack boxes of the stuff cheap towards the end of the holiday. Grab some KFP Coke while you get the chance, though; look for two-liter bottles with yellow caps with Hebrew letters, or if you're in a city with a large Jewish population, cans from the Chicago bottling plant marked with the Hebrew letters on the top.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Ouch - I once moved five times in six years (and all within the same metro area...once within the same apartment building)...can't imagine doing four in two years. Do you actually unpack everything?
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    This is why my last move was to an apartment right next to my old one. Still seemed like a pain though.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    FWIW, KFP matzo tastes even more like cardboard than the regular unleavened. If you're a survivalist, though, it keeps forever, and you can get five-pack boxes of the stuff cheap towards the end of the holiday. Grab some KFP Coke while you get the chance, though; look for two-liter bottles with yellow caps with Hebrew letters, or if you're in a city with a large Jewish population, cans from the Chicago bottling plant marked with the Hebrew letters on the top.
    After hearing all the fuss about KFP Coke, I was going to finally buy some this season but it seems that neither of the two stores right near me that normally carry it are going to do so this year. A friend of mine told me though that that KFP Coke comes off the same line as the "Mexican Coke" that is sold up here which makes some sense to me since there is no high fructose corn syrup in either and because of different preservatives it goes through a different bottling process (and doesn't seem to last on the shelf either) so I'll have to settle for that. He claims to have checked with somebody and was told that if you have Mexican Coke you can get away with not tossing it out when doing your Pesach cleaning, but it just hasn't technically been certified. I'm not Jewish though so none of that matters to me... I just wanted to know if I could taste a difference.

Our local Kroger store did however have a nice selection of KFP Dr. Brown's cream soda and root beer in 1 liter bottles. Oddly, when calculated by the ounce, these bottles were priced much better than a six pack of the cans. As somebody who loves cream soda and root beer, I stocked up. I just wish that they also sold the ginger ale and orange soda.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Closed thread
Page 63 of 374 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141