Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 73 of 374 FirstFirst ... 63 72 73 74 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Aug 2005
    A boy from my high school was the 21st pick in the 1st round. Looks like I may have to be a little more gracious towards the Pats.

And for something completely random:
    Today is National Hairball Awareness Day. *hack*
    Last edited by dandy_warhol; 27 Apr 2012 at 9:41 AM.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    woo hoo, I saw that dandy - I have faith in Coach Bill, it'll all be fine...

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Where are ya'll at on Maslow's heirarchy?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Where are ya'll at on Maslow's heirarchy?
    Yo estoy mas low.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    May 2005
    It drives me crazy when my wife can't make a decision about something that really has the most impact on her. Why does she want me to decide? Is there some hidden agenda here?
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    It drives me crazy when my wife can't make a decision about something that really has the most impact on her. Why does she want me to decide? Is there some hidden agenda here?
    Of course there's a hidden agenda. Here's how it works: if the decision proves to be a good one in her eyes, nothing more is said about it ever again, if the decision turns out badly in her eyes it was ALL YOUR FAULT!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2005
    Of course there's a hidden agenda. Here's how it works: if the decision proves to be a good one in her eyes, nothing more is said about it ever again, if the decision turns out badly in her eyes it was ALL YOUR FAULT!
    I figured it out. We were trying to decided on our plans for the evening, which centered around going to a shoe store, a restaraunt and then a movie with the kids.

The shoe store and restaraunt are only down by my work and the kids school, if we wanted to do those 2 things. So my wife would've have been the one most affected, in that we're already down here, and she would've had to drive about 30 minutes.

But she wanted me to WANT her to come down and do all those things, when really I'm indifferent.

I figured this out in time, and my text back to her was simply "Yes, I want you to come down here."
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Women are made to be loved, not understood.
    Oscar Wilde
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I've rediscovered that 6 year old boys think Godzilla is cool, but I'm curious do 6 y.o. girls like Godzilla too or have they become so acculturated by this point that cool needs to be about princesses and unicorns?
    As a child, I preferred the Mysterians in Japan over Godzilla.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    As a child, I preferred the Mysterians in Japan over Godzilla.
    Did RJ know that before you got married?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm making a quick trip to Louisville tomorrow for my 90 year old uncle's wake and funeral. He had a good life and raised a good family, and I'm looking forward to seeing my cousins and the rest of my family there, but this is a bittersweet trip.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Did RJ know that before you got married?
    Of course. The Mysterians were much more interesting than Godzilla. Then there's the usual female disdain for The Three Stooges. He also knew about my yearly ritual of wrapping X-mas gifts while watching "Gone With the Wind". And maybe about my tween crushes on Davy Jones (RIP) and Bobby Sherman.

Yeah, he knew a lot.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    ? and the Mysterians, right? "96 tears"

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    ? and the Mysterians, right? "96 tears"
    Yeah, I'm old, too, I know the song.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mysterians

Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    I'm making a quick trip to Louisville tomorrow for my 90 year old uncle's wake and funeral. He had a good life and raised a good family, and I'm looking forward to seeing my cousins and the rest of my family there, but this is a bittersweet trip.
    Sorry to hear the news, kms, and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Hopefully, you can get back before too long (and under happier circumstances) and we can get together for lunch -- there's a dining revolution going on in my little 'burg that's well worth discovering.
    Je suis Charlie

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Sorry to hear the news, kms, and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Hopefully, you can get back before too long (and under happier circumstances) and we can get together for lunch -- there's a dining revolution going on in my little 'burg that's well worth discovering.
    Thanks.

I'd enjoy meeting you, and seeing your 'burg. I don't get to Louisville often enough; most of the cousins on my mom's side still live there. I'll see many of the cousins from my dad's side this weekend as we celebrate my uncle's life, and then we'll scatter to the many cities and states where we live. I haven't lived in Louisville since I was 5, and always missed growing up around my extended family.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Is knit bombing or yarn bombing a thing in your area? I've been seeing them pop up here in Metro Detroit quite a bit over the past year or 18 months. Yesterday evening I was out running and saw that somebody had attacked the post of a bus stop sign with one and then this morning I saw a new one outside the grocery store I stopped at for some yogurt and a banana. The parking lot at this little shopping center always seems to have one or two knit bombings somewhere on the property. Is this graffiti? Art? Both? It doesn't seem like it does any damage to anything. As a form of graffiti, it seems like it is an awfully labor intensive one.

"Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    Is knit bombing or yarn bombing a thing in your area?
    Haven't seen it yet, but I heard it's increasingly common up the road in Buffalo.

I'm surprised we don't have guerrilla gardening going on here, considering the abundance of crunchy garden ladies that makes up a good portion of the population.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jun 2003
    I had not heard of such a thing.
    I now know a little bit more after a Google news and YouTube search.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    May 2005
    When you think about how much of our waking hours are spent preparing for work/getting to work/work/getting home from work, it's enormously depressing.

Even if you absolutely love your job/career, it still sucks..

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    I'm surprised we don't have guerrilla gardening going on here, considering the abundance of crunchy garden ladies that makes up a good portion of the population.
    I wish they'd come and garden my yard.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jul 2011

No, but we've been getting KONY 2012-bombed as of late. First it was flyers stapled everywhere (no biggie), but then came the graffiti.

Seriously? Graffiti? Way to eliminate support for a cause...
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    I wish they'd come and garden my yard.
    Maybe a rain garden. Guerrillas in the Mist?
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Made two homemade protein bar recipes this weekend… one is too dry (looks like fancy dog food), and the other still hasn’t firmed up, have to eat it with a spoon… grrr. But the dry one tastes pretty good, kind of like a no-bake cookie. Next time I think i'll just make real no-bake cookies.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    Made two homemade protein bar recipes this weekend… one is too dry (looks like fancy dog food), and the other still hasn’t firmed up, have to eat it with a spoon… grrr. But the dry one tastes pretty good, kind of like a no-bake cookie. Next time I think i'll just make real no-bake cookies.

Ooooooh, I know what I'm making this weekend. Chocolate-pb-oatmeal no-bake cookies. *drool*

Closed thread
Page 73 of 374 FirstFirst ... 63 72 73 74 83 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141