Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 77 of 374 FirstFirst ... 67 76 77 78 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Any suggestions on how to remove melted Tootsie Roll off some clothes I just took out of the dryer?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    It is Friday afternoon. I think there should be a certain level of excitement.... I don't happen to have the excitement. It makes me mad.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    Any suggestions on how to remove melted Tootsie Roll off some clothes I just took out of the dryer?
    If they're your clothes, just put them on and ask RJ if he can help. I'm sure he'll be creative.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Great. I was hoping to go straight home after work today, but now I have to stop by the store so we can sit out on the deck tonight, surrounded by tiki torches.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Great. I was hoping to go straight home after work today, but now I have to stop by the store so we can sit out on the deck tonight, surrounded by tiki torches.
    Too bad. That really sounds like a Midol moment.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

Hints from Veloise

Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    It's water-soluble. Scrape off any large lumps, and wash again. Maybe soak for 30 minutes before washing.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    With it so warm on the panhandle and the air conditioner out in the house, I feel like I'm surrounded by tiki torches.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Veloise View post
    It's water-soluble. Scrape off any large lumps, and wash again. Maybe soak for 30 minutes before washing.
    Thanks! RJ liked Ofos's suggestion , but I'm going with yours...

Registered
    Oct 2005
    I only found out at 7:30 PM EST that today is International Tuba Day! http://tubaday.com/
    @GigCityPlanner

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Another $348 invested to repair the air conditioning system. I need to move somewhere that doesn't require home heating or cooling.

Another $60 invested for a Norton upgrade because somebody wouldn't share a disc (which I've been requesting because I know it's available). I need to move somewhere where people are more responsive and considerate.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    Another $348 invested to repair the air conditioning system. I need to move somewhere that doesn't require home heating or cooling.

Another $60 invested for a Norton upgrade because somebody wouldn't share a disc (which I've been requesting because I know it's available). I need to move somewhere where people are more responsive and considerate.
    You're so right. Somewhere there is someone who won't pay for 6 nights hotels (even if you thought one was a dive)or find a place for you and your buddies to stay on your guy vacations, or pick the big weeds in the front yard at 6:30 a.m. because you can't get the mower to work and the yard looks embarrassing. Maybe you can even find someone so responsive and considerate she'll refuse to return from her mother's funeral and deep clean YOUR house for YOUR office party.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Whoa - a 7 AM meeting at the beginning of a 4 hour commute is not a good way to start the week - afternoon walk/snooze for 20 minutes at 2 PM EST if anyone wants to cyber join me...

ZG - my hubby does laundry, no really, he does, and he swears by Goo Gone...

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    Hate to tell you this now, but check out Avast!. It's free for non-commercial use. Norton has become bloated, and it can be a pest with Adobe-like reminder notices.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Open wide for Cleveland's pride!

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Here's an ironic story that happens to be kind of related to antivirus software:

McAfee arrested in Belize for not paying protection money to the local police.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Hate to tell you this now, but check out Avast!. It's free for non-commercial use. Norton has become bloated, and it can be a pest with Adobe-like reminder notices.
    I second Avast. Great product.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Thanks, Dan. I am due to reup my Norton in less than three weeks. Now I have a better solution.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Feb 2007
    And works for mac? Thanks for the tip!
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    My body is sitting in this chair, in this office because they can make me do that. But my mind is elsewhere, man. It's acutally at a coin-op laudnry in Elko. Probably ought to just settle for the chair in the office, huh?
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    My body is sitting in this chair, in this office because they can make me do that. But my mind is elsewhere, man. It's acutally at a coin-op laudnry in Elko. Probably ought to just settle for the chair in the office, huh?
    How about the middle road, and settle for your mind being in an office chair in Eureka?

On a different note I am convinced Alexandre Dumas blew it when he stopped with "The Count of Monte Cristo". That premise had series written all over it! Starting with "The Earl of Sandwich" followed by "The Baron of Hoagie". Heck, if the book sales stayed strong, perhaps even "The Marquess of Grinder"
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    And why is your mind in a coin-op in Elko? Has your mind been out on a bender? Did your clothes get dirty or just your mind? Did your mind spend a night gambling and consorting with fallen women in one of Elko's joy palaces?

Elko isn't Vegas, so what happens in Elko doesn't have to stay in Elko. I want all the sordid details (and referrals)
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    How about the middle road, and settle for your mind being in an office chair in Eureka?

Because then his mind would be in my lap? I'm not sure how I feel about that.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Jul 2011
    Anyone else at the California AEP conference? Just curious...
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I am so sick of having our building plan review and inspections outsourced. I think my focus this week is going to be making the business case for bringing those services in-house for our upcoming budget workshop. I really am fed up, and that is without considering my philosophical aversion to outsourcing building plan review & inspection.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post

On a different note I am convinced Alexandre Dumas blew it when he stopped with "The Count of Monte Cristo". That premise had series written all over it! Starting with "The Earl of Sandwich" followed by "The Baron of Hoagie". Heck, if the book sales stayed strong, perhaps even "The Marquess of Grinder"
    If Dumas had taken your advice, he would have ended up as a Poor Boy.

Closed thread
Page 77 of 374 FirstFirst ... 67 76 77 78 87 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM