Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 85 of 374 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Jul 2006

Lap dances hazardous to your health?

No report on whether he was smiling...

http://now.msn.com/living/0517-lap-dance-death.aspx
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post

Of course he was smiling. I was smiling when I read the story and I didn't have boobs in my face.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Jan 2005
    In the movies every little Texas town has a strip joint. I'm sure it's just like that in real life too.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post

Heard at the memorial service:

Uncle Bobby died with a smile on his face.
    Dad died doing what he liked best.
    My brother Robert died while helping others. You see he was in that place to talk to these young girls about getting real honest jobs.
    My cousin Bob's last vision on this earth were things of beauty.
    I guess it was a clear example of coming and going at the same time.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    I did six and a half years of Catholic school - 2.5 in middle school and four in high school. I do not think it was my mother's intention that parochial school education would drive me away from Catholicism and organized religion. But that pretty much did it.
    I would still be a loyal catholic except I was physically assaulted numerous times by the nuns and know several priests who practiced pedophilia with the tacit approval of the bishop.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Here's a question: Will TerraSapient come back and talk about the annular eclipse? Outer Space is lonely for it's talk show....

If I had one, I'd send a distress signal into the wormhole and ask TS when she might return to the conversation.....
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    I did six and a half years of Catholic school - 2.5 in middle school and four in high school. I do not think it was my mother's intention that parochial school education would drive me away from Catholicism and organized religion. But that pretty much did it.
    I did 6 yrs in Episcopal school and never liked the forced-religion concept. I never took the kid to church (although my mom did a couple of times) and have always told him, it's up to him to decide. Even at that, I got him a kid's bible and other religious books, because even if he's not ultimately a believer, it's important that he know the basics (just like knowing Dickens, Hemingway, etc) in order to converse intelligently.

Almost forgot to note that RJ came home from work this morning. Looks like he (or something in his contacts) scratched his eye. This happened once last year, and it appears to be rather painful. He leaves for work around 6, and I had a slow start today, so I'd just shucked my clothes around 8:30 to hop in the shower, when the bedroom door flew open. I screamed and was across the bathroom to grab my robe before I realized it was RJ rather than an intruder. He went to bed way early but said his eye was feeling better the last hour or so.
    Last edited by Zoning Goddess; 21 May 2012 at 9:48 PM. Reason: RJ scared the crap out of me

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Could this be the most exciting game ever?

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post

Shirley you jest. But maybe I'm just underestimating the thrills of public transit in upstate NY...

Registered
    Feb 2004

Welcome to the exciting world of being a city bus driver. Now you too can share in the sheer excitement and joy of being a bus driver as TMI Softwear introduces...BUS DRIVER!

Okay, maybe not, but notice all the cyber women were kinda hot.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I hate when my body thinks it is a Friday, but it is really only a Tuesday. I blame the weather or my kids. I am not sure in which order.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I hate when my body thinks it is a Friday, but it is really only a Tuesday. I blame the weather or my kids. I am not sure in which order.
    Isn't that a rotten feeling? It's like adding four Mondays to your week. I never seem to be able to shake that feeling until quitting time on Friday - the real Friday.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Talking about friday -

Who is RJing this friday ? all day or half day ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Talking about friday -

I am considering it. I need a day off after last weekend's vacation.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Talking about friday -

I'm one of the few suckers who will be here for the duration.

Registered
    May 2005
    Talking about friday -

The girls got school, so no reason for me to take it off. Plus my 3rd grader has her regional spelling bee that morning. I'll probably head into the office, go to the spelling bee, then go back to the office.

And our closing on the house was pushed back to this Thursday, so I'll probably be taking time off that day.

Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    I am considering it. I need a day off after last weekend's vacation.
    I've gone biking the last two weekends, combined with some BBQing/beers, so I know what you mean.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    We all have off on Friday. We have a weird floating holiday that moves every year to a different three-day weekend, turning it into a four-day weekend. I'm taking Tuesday off too.

In Massachusetts, there's probably a bunch of odd Revolutionary War-related holidays that gives them this entire week off, like Paul Revere Day or Dolly Madison Day.

Talking about friday -

I am taking all day Friday. The question is whether my deck collapses before I can dismantle it. This past weekend I made best friends with my hammer, cat's paw, and a wrecking bar. 100 square feet of deck boards removed, 600 square feet to go. Whomever framed the deck was a jackleg idiot. It might take all weekend ... and the forecast is for mid 90s heat. FML.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    The girls got school, so no reason for me to take it off.
    Really? That is the perfect reason to take it off... more time to do things you want. Like burp and scratch yourself.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Talking about friday -

Me. Half day. The first half of the half day will consist of a department meeting and will be followed up by a picnic in the park with all our families.

We all have off on Friday. We have a weird floating holiday that moves every year to a different three-day weekend, turning it into a four-day weekend. I'm taking Tuesday off too.

In Massachusetts, there's probably a bunch of odd Revolutionary War-related holidays that gives them this entire week off, like Paul Revere Day or Dolly Madison Day.
    After the picnic my family and I will be on our way to Lawrence, Mass. for the long weekend.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Talking about friday -

Working all day.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I need to find a natural comfortable environment to read in

And what could be more natural than reclining in a giant wooden "U" shaped objet d'art?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2008
    Does it have a TV and surround sound? If so, that's a pretty nice chair.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Snowcat Simulator.

And Farming Simulator.

And Street Sweeper Simulator.

Because Germany,

Registered
    Feb 2004
    It's amazing all the simulators there are nowadays. I am eagerly awaiting the introduction of the: shoe sales, alphabetizing file folders, and drinking a glass of water simulations! Think of the possibilities - why just the drinking a glass of water simulation alone has limitless potential to engage, inform, and entertain.....what type of glass do you want to use? Oh, you'd rather use a mug, you say? Sure, but what size? And are you going to walk to the refrigerator for a bottle of water or go to the sink and fill up with tap water? Hell, you could even get your water in different virtual environments. Maybe you'd like to drink water from a fountain in an office, or perhaps out of a canteen outdoors?! Boundless possibilities I say. Boundless.

Closed thread
Page 85 of 374 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 95 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141