Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 98 of 374 FirstFirst ... 88 97 98 99 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 9327

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 7 (2012)

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I wonder why triple crown winners are so rare nowadays?
    I wonder why people care about the Triple Crown or horse racing in general nowadays.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Sorry my fellow cyburbians, I have not been real chatty these last two months. Dealing with a whooper of an entitlement project that has consumed by life. Miss yall
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Tart! That's a funny word! I like it. I had a tooth pulled yesterday afternoon and now I am forced to write staff reports late at night in my office, high on pain-killers and thinking about tarts and friendship bracelets. I used to wear a friendship bracelet given to me by a particularly tart-y girl I knew in 1988. I'd like to see her again. The smell of hairspray can still make me nostalgic for her at times. Also green apples.

I hate writing staff reports. That's a lie I love it. If I didn't I wouldn't do it. Why is my Coke gone? I'm taking another pain-killer and calling my brother for a ride. Dammit he's in Cincinatti. Who can give me a ride? I'll call that tart I knew but I bet she's married now and won't give me a ride.
    Not surprisingly, this morning required a serious re-write of the staff report on phase 5 of that subdivision. There was a lot of information under the heading "drainage and grading" about Zoning Goddess that didn't belong there and some stuff about friendship. As we all know, friendship has no place in subdivision.

I'm out for the weekend. Miss you love you.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Wait for it......

wait for it............

Bunny tongue!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Im_a_bunny_and_U_R_Not.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	4931

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    I wonder why people care about the Triple Crown or horse racing in general nowadays.
    The same reason care about LeBron James. It is an interesting story and fun to watch most the time (although for the record I hate LeBron James).

I just want one horse to win the crown before I die...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I just participated in the Great Mama and Duckling Relocation of 2012. I got to gently touch 3 itty bitty ducklings! SQUEEEE!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I just participated in the Great Mama and Duckling Relocation of 2012. I got to gently touch 3 itty bitty ducklings! SQUEEEE!
    Mmmm...duck...thems some good eats.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    The same reason care about LeBron James. It is an interesting story and fun to watch most the time (although for the record I hate LeBron James).
    Why's that? Lebron's been so good to the state of Ohio. Oh wait..

Registered
    May 2004
    I wonder why triple crown winners are so rare nowadays?
    drug testing?
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    This just in: I'll Have Another is injured and can't run in the Belmont Stakes this weekend. The Triple Crown drought continues..

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I'm excited! Today I picked up a new Bacon Wave at a Bealls Outlet.

https://www.asseenontv.com/bacon-wav...l.php?p=296229

I had one years ago and liked it a lot.

Online it's $14.95, but I got mine for $5.99! Did I do good or what? (It doesn't take much to get me excited anymore...)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post

Online it's $14.95, but I got mine for $5.99! Did I do good or what? (It doesn't take much to get me excited anymore...)
    This might be the greatest invention known to mankind

Registered
    Jul 2006

What? Only one? Call now and get not one, not two, but three for just $5.99. (Separate shipping and handling charges apply to each item shipped.)
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    The inventor of bacon is unknown. The debt of gratitude owed him (or her) is immeasurable. Bacon is the happiest smell in the world. It is one, if not, the most welcome flavor.

I have met people who say they do not like bacon. I look upon them with pity. My wife likes bacon but does not eat it. I envy her resolve as son and I cook and eat it every Saturday and Sunday.

Turkey bacon ? Oh please.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    The inventor of bacon is unknown. The debt of gratitude owed him (or her) is immeasurable. Bacon is the happiest smell in the world. It is one, if not, the most welcome flavor.

I have met people who say they do not like bacon. I look upon them with pity. My wife likes bacon but does not eat it. I envy her resolve as son and I cook and eat it every Saturday and Sunday.

Turkey bacon ? Oh please.
    Ever had pork belly? Basically just a giant steak of fatty bacon. A little overwhelming actually.

I have had some decent success with turkey bacon by rubbing it with chiptole or some other smoked pepper rub and then frying it in oil. But then of course, frying it in oil makes it not any healthier and it still doesn't taste anywhere close to the real stuff.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001

Titty bar update

I approved the tenant improvements plans for our next titty bar this morning. The floor plan is amazing. Two raised stage "venues", two stripper poles, two bars, two private lap dance areas, dressing room for the interpretive dance performers complete with lockers, DJ booth, offices, security room. They claim it will operate as a bikini/lingerie bar. But I'm not that stupid.

Just two conditions to my approval: 1) planning must inspect the facility prior to builder services issuing a certificate of occupancy, and 2) performers shall not expose their naughty bits to the customers. I think that's reasonable.

I can't wait until this hits the media....
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Feb 2004
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    What a find.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I am appalled that you, Maister,posted this before Dandy Warhol found this bunny youtube. She being the only one to ever post "bunny tongue" on Cyb. At least as far as I know.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Ever had pork belly? Basically just a giant steak of fatty bacon. A little overwhelming actually.
    I had it once. Once. I couldn't handle how delicious it was. I'm afraid that if I ever have it again there will never be any turning back.

I am appalled that you, Maister,posted this before Dandy Warhol found this bunny youtube. She being the only one to ever post "bunny tongue" on Cyb. At least as far as I know.
    Thanks for looking out for my bunny back, but don't worry I saw that video the other day and fainted from the cuteness!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    My iPod nano died. I ask the Throbbing Brian: Can I purchase a replacement iPod nano and download all my music stored on my 'puter from the iTunes store? I'm going to Target tomorrow and buy a replacement. I miss my iPod....
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Aug 2005

EURO 2012: Germany vs. Portugal

Stud of the Match: Mario Gomez

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    My iPod nano died. I ask the Throbbing Brian: Can I purchase a replacement iPod nano and download all my music stored on my 'puter from the iTunes store? I'm going to Target tomorrow and buy a replacement. I miss my iPod....
    Yes you can. I am sure ZG does not miss your iPod, or rather the karaoke that goes hand in hand with your iPod
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Too Much Sun

This Bear is not supposed to get too much sun. Today, too much sun.....working in the yard, yadda. Tomorrow, staying inside in the air conditioning. (I did get some outside stuff taken care of that I had been ignoring.)

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    Yes you can. I am sure ZG does not miss your iPod, or rather the karaoke that goes hand in hand with your iPod
    Oh hell, he never listens to me. I could tell him 'til the cows come home, how people upgrade/lose ipods/iphones, and yes, the music is there. I told him he would look dumber than dirt if he posed this question on Cyb.

And no, I don't miss it. The man can't sing.

Closed thread
Page 98 of 374 FirstFirst ... 88 97 98 99 108 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 8033
    Last post: 31 Dec 2011, 11:53 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141