Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: RFP's for plan review software

Registered
    Aug 2007

RFP's for plan review software

All,

Does anyone have examples of RFP's that they have used to solicit proposals for plan review software and would be willing to share them? I have been asked to put together an RFP for this and have no idea where to start. Thanks!

I should add that we want the capablillty to accept electronic plan submittal.
    Last edited by rcgplanner; 10 Jan 2012 at 10:39 AM.

Sorry, I don't have an RFP. We simply went to the various websites and compared the products and services offered versus each other. Narrowed it to two firms and then went with the one we thought offered the most for the least. PM me if you want specifics about our choice.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by rcgplanner View post
    All,

Does anyone have examples of RFP's that they have used to solicit proposals for plan review software and would be willing to share them? I have been asked to put together an RFP for this and have no idea where to start. Thanks!

I should add that we want the capablillty to accept electronic plan submittal.
    Do you expect the cost to be over $10k? Or do you have a lower limit? We just found who provided the best service for a reasonable price. Did you know some places charge $50k and $15k per year for their service and some places can do it for MUCH less for essentially the same service. It is scary what some places think they are worth...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Do you expect the cost to be over $10k? Or do you have a lower limit? We just found who provided the best service for a reasonable price. Did you know some places charge $50k and $15k per year for their service and some places can do it for MUCH less for essentially the same service. It is scary what some places think they are worth...
    I had a feeling I would run into that. Just in my preliminary research I have seen at least 7 different companies that do basically the same thing, it is just a difference of how fancy their website is. I have also seen how some cities have taken a more "homebrewed" approach of having IT set up an FTP site and using a nice PDF annotation software and it working just fine, which to my untrained eye seems like a pretty good solution, at least for the short-term to see if electronic plan submittal works for our City...

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 01 Apr 2010, 4:12 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last post: 31 Oct 2008, 5:28 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 11 Sep 2008, 2:13 PM
  4. Big box preliminary site plan review
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 02 Feb 2007, 6:26 PM