Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 College Football Thread

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    The Big-10 is going to deeper/tougher than the Pac 12 this year though IMO, so at least the in-conference games will be tough. I actually think Ohio St. should have been on the preseason top-25 list (and I'm absolutely not saying that to suck up to Hink).
    I think the rankings are pretty good actually. I don't think Ohio State should be ranked. There was too much sh!t that went on in the off season, they don't have a proven QB, and they have a new coach. Are they going to be Top 10 by the end of the year? Maybe. But I am not expecting it by any means. If we go 7-4 and beat Michigan, it will be a good season.

Next year we go 13-0. I look forward to growing this year. Although I will admit, it is going to be really tough to deal with a season that doesn't end in a bowl game.

I like the funny guys who think the Big10 schedule is weak. Good times. Second toughest conference. Sorry Big12? or whatever is left of it. I am not going to argue the SEC. We have been through that exercise.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2005
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    On some blog I read someone posted that his offense was "reading"

In all seriousness this guy was probably a known criminal even before LSU recruited him..

Registered
    Jan 2005
    On some blog I read someone posted that his offense was "reading"

In all seriousness this guy was probably a known criminal even before LSU recruited him..
    Or he did something illegal, they thought they would get caught, and booted him before they brought any trouble on themselves. I am guessing we will see this more often. They aren't going to play games with a kid that will likely force them to forfeit games in the future.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    You're probably right Hink. Whatever he did, it must've have been pretty bad.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    and the season has kicked off!
    (pun intended of course)

hinky, you out there? testing, testing - hink?
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    and the season has kicked off!
    (pun intended of course)

hinky, you out there? testing, testing - hink?
    Yes I am still alive. I won't be able to watch my Buckeye's live though, as I have a funeral. It should be an interesting year... I promise to post a photo in my *shudder* gator gear by the end of the year though... since we don't have a bowl, I will make it a special one....

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I am not a fan of Michigan State and they are not convincing me to become a fan tonight. This is pretty awful. I feel sorry for my buddies who took the afternoon off to head to East Lansing to tailgate for this one.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Blue Blue

Is the SEC really that good? Probably. Was Michigan way-over-ranked? Yes. Did other Big Ten schools show-up? Not really, 'cept theOhio State and the team they thashed is just a middle-of-the-pack MAC squad. From this first week it looks like the Big Ten teams will beat each other up, somebody will win it and go to the Rose Bowl......and not be in the Top 10. If theBuckeyes win it they do not go to a bowl.

It will be interesting to watch Sabin's 'Bama against other SEC schools.

BTW, my school, Bowling Green, played Florida very well for three quarters, in the Swamp. Nice showing. And some other MAC schools did well, too.

And I was not surpised to lose to Alabama......but the way we lost was disheartening. Oh well.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Is the SEC really that good? Probably. Was Michigan way-over-ranked? Yes. Did other Big Ten schools show-up? Not really, 'cept theOhio State and the team they thashed is just a middle-of-the-pack MAC squad. From this first week it looks like the Big Ten teams will beat each other up, somebody will win it and go to the Rose Bowl......and not be in the Top 10. If theBuckeyes win it they do not go to a bowl.

BTW, my school, Bowling Green, played Florida very well for three quarters, in the Swamp. Nice showing. And some other MAC schools did well, too.

And I was not surpised to lose to Alabama......but the way we lost was disheartening. Oh well.

Bear
    The only time I ever root for Michigan is when they play the SEC. Unfortunately Michigan is really bad. I don't think Alabama is that good, but that are pretty good. Michigan played like they have zero offense...

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post

Bear
    I think Michigan and Michigan St are over ranked. MSU probably will not finish in the Top 25. D-Rob should be thankful that no Big10/12 team has a legitimate defense. The Bama defense bottled up one of the best runners in college football.

I am not much for good efforts when it comes to sports but I was impressed with Bowling Green, Western Michigan, Toledo, Ohio and NIU played. Each of these teams could have won even though they had inferior athletes and in Toledo's case a poorly managed game by a rookie coach.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Anybody that took Michigan and the points against Bama was either a UM homer or doesn't follow college football too closely.

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I'm quite proud of my Texas State Bobcats following their smacking of the University of Houston. Houston went 13-1 last year, while this is Texas State's first season in FBS. Apparently is is one of the biggest sports betting line upsets of the last 30 years (TxSt was a 35 point underdog). We open our recently renovated & expanded stadium next Saturday against Texas Tech.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I hope the Gators play a better game Saturday than their rumbling, stumbling win in their opener.

Texas A&M has provided a litle more incentive with their recent move - pretty ballsy...

From NBC Sports:

Updated: A&M billboard in Gainesville boasts ‘cleanest program in the SEC’

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...am-in-the-sec/
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I have no idea what to make of UGA's game at Mizzou this weekend...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I hope the Gators play a better game Saturday than their rumbling, stumbling win in their opener.

Texas A&M has provided a litle more incentive with their recent move - pretty ballsy...

From NBC Sports:

Updated: A&M billboard in Gainesville boasts ‘cleanest program in the SEC’

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...am-in-the-sec/
    I can't imagine even the Aggies are that stupid, but you never know... I heard it was UT fans in retaliation for the billboard they put up in Austin.

Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    I have no idea what to make of UGA's game at Mizzou this weekend...
    I hope you absolutely beat them to a pulp. Like Vin Diesel in Knockaround Guys bad. Those mouthy punks and their stupid videos about how they're going to dominate really need a lesson in reality.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Welcome to the SEC Texas A&M and Mizzou!

Upset in Fayetteville - poor Razorbacks.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Nebraska and Wisconsin both lose to Pac-10 teams not named USC or Oregon, Michigan squeaks by Air Force at home. Not a good week for the Big 10.

Registered
    May 2005
    Nebraska and Wisconsin both lose to Pac-10 teams not named USC or Oregon, Michigan squeaks by Air Force at home. Not a good week for the Big 10.
    Penn St. and Iowa also lost. Bad weekend.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2007
    That Michigan game was rough, but lets not forget that Air Force has been to a bowl game each of the last six years and has a pretty good offense (by Mountain West standards anyway). But that game was still rough. If the defense doesn't step it up, this could be a loooooong season in Ann Arbor. And we also cannot rely solely on Denard to win each game for us. This team is definitely not clicking.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Welcome to the SEC Texas A&M and Mizzou!

Upset in Fayetteville - poor Razorbacks.
    A&M looks like they could turn into an entertaining team in a year or two...Mizzou better hope their QB survives their game with Bama. Speaking of Bama, the Hogs really need to get their starting QB back healthy for their game this weekend or it's going to be a long day for them.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    That Michigan game was rough, but lets not forget that Air Force has been to a bowl game each of the last six years and has a pretty good offense (by Mountain West standards anyway). But that game was still rough. If the defense doesn't step it up, this could be a loooooong season in Ann Arbor. And we also cannot rely solely on Denard to win each game for us. This team is definitely not clicking.
    Michigan is just not good. They were overrated based on their pretty lucky 2011 season. Next year when they lose Denard, they are going to go back to being worthless.

You have just let DR go, or the offense is nothing. If you put him in a box, they are screwed. He can't throw, and their running game outside of him is weak.

AF isn't that good. Michigan is just that bad.

The Big10 this year is bad. I was hoping for some bright light, but it seems that the SEC is going to crush the competition again this year. Let's go Wisconsin and Michigan State!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    A&M looks like they could turn into an entertaining team in a year or two...Mizzou better hope their QB survives their game with Bama. Speaking of Bama, the Hogs really need to get their starting QB back healthy for their game this weekend or it's going to be a long day for them.
    Mizzou and Texas A&M should've headed to the Big10 instead of the SEC. The Big 10 is so garbage that they could probably win that conference championship.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    ps...

I like the funny guys who think the Big10 schedule is weak. Good times. Second toughest conference. Sorry Big12? or whatever is left of it. I am not going to argue the SEC. We have been through that exercise.

I was wrong. I was VERY wrong.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    ps...

I was wrong. I was VERY wrong.
    At least OSU is looking like a top 25 team though, right? I told you this but you doubted it..

Closed thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. 2013 College Football Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 300
    Last post: 07 Jan 2014, 2:00 PM
  2. 2011 College Football Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 385
    Last post: 11 Jan 2012, 3:15 PM
  3. 2008 College Football Thread