Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Parking required in zoning ordinace

Parking required in zoning ordinace

What I am looking for is a copy of a zoning ordinance that permits hotels and motels, however in addition to hotels if the hotel has an attached restaurant I am trying to find additional requirement for the restaurant such as additional required parking. SOme hotels that have attached restaurants not only attract people staying allnight they also attract people to the restaurants only. I am looking for conditions that can be used by the BZA when reviewing these type of uses.

Registered
    Feb 1998
    We toiled over this issue for some time. Our regs say to provide parking "equal to the requirements for each principal use." The principal use definition includes: "...A property may have more than one principal use for regulatory purposes; i.e., a motel which includes a restaurant designed and offered for the general public in addition to motel guests shall meet the parking requirements for both land uses." As policy we determined that if a motel restaurant has a separate sign and a separate entrance, it is offered to the general public.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 10 Oct 2012, 6:48 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 01 Jul 2009, 11:58 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last post: 13 Mar 2008, 3:11 PM
  4. fee in lieu of required parking
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 03 Jun 2002, 5:48 PM