Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Letting out your inner two-year-old

Registered
    Mar 2002

Letting out your inner two-year-old

Lately I've been refusing to eat the pointy ends of bananas. For no good reason. It seems like it is something a two-year-old would do. I hope I'm not alone in this kind of thing. In what ways have you been channeling your inner toddler?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Great timing on this thread!
    Just got off the phone with a lady who inquired if [we] had any regulations concerning dog leashes. 'No,' I responded, 'but the county does and they are the ones that enforce the leash laws. Here's Animal Control's number .....' The lady then proceeded to recount her Tale of Woe how the neighbors dog is running loose. No less than three times did I interrupt her to say 'yes, that sounds terrible. Please feel free to report it to the agency that can actually do something about it'. But all to no avail, the lady would not shut her yap. I finally had to feign a phone malfunction and hang up on her.

I felt like kicking and crying about that moment A little tantrum might do me some good right now!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Taking a favorite pen back that was "borrowed"
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I like using the same cup to drink water. I just do.

I won't eat my brussel sprouts. They taste yucky.

I like to stay in the tub too long. It makes my fingers look funny.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    May 2004
    I also don't like to eat the pointy ends of bananas. Sometimes I really don't want to eat my vegetables and I feed them to the dog.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    May 2005
    What do you mean we have to leave right now?! Can't you see I'm having fun? You're always crashing my party and stomping on my buzz. The minute I start to grab for those scissors or barrel down the stairs, there you are, telling me I can't do it. What about MY rights?!

Plus, I only eat peanut butter and jelly if the jelly is on top. This sandwich has it on the bottom. There, now its on the floor. That'll teach you.

I hate you mommy/daddy, now please hold me.

Now I'm asleep...
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Nap Time.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    NO! I don't wanna!
    WALSTIB

Registered
    Dec 2010
    I don't WANT to go to bed early! Can't I just stay up a little longer and watch tv?

Just a little longer pllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeee?
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Lately I've been refusing to eat the pointy ends of bananas. For no good reason. It seems like it is something a two-year-old would do. I hope I'm not alone in this kind of thing. In what ways have you been channeling your inner toddler?
    Whoa... I don't include the pointy ends of bananas when slicing one for my two year old... I even wondered why I do it this very morning...
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Feb 1998
    To the fellow who did not understand why political signs were not permitted in traffic islands. Exasperated I finally said, "Because I said so."

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Letting your inner conservative out
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 78
    Last post: 05 Jan 2015, 12:19 PM
  2. Letting your inner liberal out
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 24
    Last post: 05 Nov 2012, 5:13 PM
  3. Gap year: what to do?
    Student Commons