Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Life's Little Losses

Registered
    Jan 2009

Life's Little Losses

I was thinking about adding this, but couldn't think of a good thread title. Thanks Maister.

We have two cats. One has decided to be my wife's favorite, the other the oldest kids favorite. I'm more of a dog person. The youngest wants a cat of her own. I don't really want another car scratching stuff and tripping you while you walk. I just lost that battle.

Any little lost causes or battles for you?
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Junior and his mother are fighting.

Again.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    OH come on, there is an entire Alanis Morrisette song you could have used for the title!

Wife forgot to cancel the membership for the nanny search website... $40 down the drain.
    The most foolish thing one can do this fall is to vote for Clinton or Trump. Wake up, get out of the matrix, and send a message to the political establishment that you won't play their game.

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Shoelace on my black dress shoes broke.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Quote Originally posted by mendelman View post
    Shoelace on my black dress shoes broke.
    Thus is the reason I keep an extra pair in by work bag. It happened once to me years ago as I was walking into a meeting and I had a presentation. NEVER AGAIN!
    The most foolish thing one can do this fall is to vote for Clinton or Trump. Wake up, get out of the matrix, and send a message to the political establishment that you won't play their game.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    Thus is the reason I keep an extra pair in by work bag. It happened once to me years ago as I was walking into a meeting and I had a presentation. NEVER AGAIN!
    You do know you'll carry those around with you for years and then a newby planner will need it. You'll gladly hand it to him and actually tell him you probably won't ever need it since you've had it all those years. Then, about 3 weeks later, you'll be heading into a city council special meeting and you'll bend down to tighten your shoelaces & POP, there it goes. Snaps in half. You'll say to yourself "I know I have extra laces in my bag." You'll look for a couple minutes and realize..."damn, I gave my spare laces to that stupid intern."

Life's Little Losses
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    I know a guy who does maintenance on one of the buildings downtown. He swears there's a ghost that keeps cutting his laces at the very bottom. Old or new, they always seem to break there about once a year.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Bought a movie film preview editor at a flea market that is open only on weekends - after I got home and set it up, no image. The light source does turn on.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    The Game of Thrones season is over and I can't figure out how to cancel my HBO Now subscription. 15 more bucks lost while I flounder.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Mrs. Maister has a sinus infection. Again.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Car broke down... again. I'm about done with this one.
    How do I know you are who you think you are?

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    The Game of Thrones season is over and I can't figure out how to cancel my HBO Now subscription. 15 more bucks lost while I flounder.
    If it's through Amazon just google search it or look under subscriptions. I think iTunes was the same way.

My throat feels like it's on fire. I've been drinking hot tea and ibuprofen but nothing helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Life's little victories 2016
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 26 Jul 2016, 9:14 AM
  2. Life's Little Victories
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 25
    Last post: 11 Mar 2011, 11:43 AM
  3. How corporate losses are reported
    Friday Afternoon Club