Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Cottage cheese

Registered
    Sep 1999

Cottage cheese

Do men eat cottage cheese? I was just having some for a snack, and realized I can't remember ever seeing a guy eat cottage cheese.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    Do men eat cottage cheese? I was just having some for a snack, and realized I can't remember ever seeing a guy eat cottage cheese.
    Believe it or not, cottage cheese is all the rage among body-builders.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    What is it with women and cottage cheese? - they are twice as likely to eat it than guys. For some reason cottage cheese has (for right or wrong) come to be known as the quintessential 'diet food'.

Growing up we used cottage cheese as a substitute for chip dip. It's actually quite good. Y'all should try it some time.

Moderator note:
    split from RTDNTOTO

Maybe it's because women identify more strongly with Little Miss Muffet (yeah, curds and whey is another name for cottage cheese)
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I eat it quite frequently. It's a good at breakfast when I get tired of yogurt. Growing up, we always had cottage cheese offered as a side at dinner and I remember my dad having a small bowl of it along with some cinnamon quite often as a snack in the evening. We did own a dairy farm though and always had a wide selection of milk-based products around the house to choose from.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2005
    I like me some cottage cheese. Growing up, it was one of those foods that I wouldn't even try to eat because I thought it looked gross. I've used cottage cheese as a substitute for mayo when making a tuna fish sandwich.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I eat it with fruit. I like it. I don't care if you think I'm girly. It tastes good. If it tastes good... eat it.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    I will use it as part of a recipe ingedient, but I don't eat it otherwise.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I like it either plain or with fruit - especially pineapple - mixed in. Our older dog is not eating well, in part because her teeth are so bad that it hurts her to eat. We have begun adding cottage cheese to her food on a regular basis. She also likes it.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Aug 2007
    I like cottage cheese, I sometimes alternate between it and yogurt in my lunch for work. Cottage cheese and salsa makes a tasty chip dip too!

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Cottage Cheese Time!

This Bear = Man.
    Cottage Cheese = Yes, me eat.
    With = Peaches,apricots, or pineapple.
    But = If no fruit available, eat 'em bowl of CC with sugar sprinkled on top.

Mommy versed me.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2005
    I am ok with cottage cheese. I will eat it and enjoy it if its around. But really, its not often on our radar and we don't really buy it. Sorry cottage. I like you and all, but you're just not the most appealing of the cheeses to me.

As someone who grew up in the 1970s I will forever associate cottage cheese as the "diet food" of choice among my mother and many of my friends' mothers as well.

Also, I used to call it College Cheese as I think my mother added it to her "diet" around the time my brother went to college (he's 11 years my senior). I would have been around 7 or 8.
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I like cottage cheese. We ate it with apple butter on it when I was growing up. Now I'd rather just salt it. Never cared for peaches with cottage cheese.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I like me some cottage cheese. Growing up, it was one of those foods that I wouldn't even try to eat because I thought it looked gross. I've used cottage cheese as a substitute for mayo when making a tuna fish sandwich.
    That sounds good. I like cottage cheese, but I rarely see people eating it.
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Cottage cheese yuck that must be a lousy cottage

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Uses Cottage food operations
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 01 Feb 2013, 4:54 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last post: 01 May 2009, 2:39 AM
  3. Cottage Living subscription, anyone?