Sort of a dumb question, but I was curious what the protocols on this might be.
I am getting a change to my official job title but my duties are staying the same. I am currently a "Planner" and my new title will be "Landscape Architect" (I'm not licensed yet but it dosen't apply in this case).
My duties and level of responsibility will not change. It is strictly a paperwork thingy for internal organizational reasons.
What should I put down on my resume for this job?
- Should I just use my most current job title for the entire period of employment?
- Should I list both titles under the same period of employment?
- Should I list the two periods separately (I started as an entry level planner and my duties with the title "LA" will be for strictly senior/project management level work - but the new duties and pay precede the new title)?
- Should I tell my employer titles are demeaning and demand to have all my business cards say that my job title is "Dave"?
- Should I list it some other way not mentioned?
- Should I have another beer?