Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Dr. Seuss and Obama's plot to undermine America

Registered
    Feb 2004

Dr. Seuss and Obama's plot to undermine America

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fox-N...ren-29578.html

Conservation? Ecology? Just what kind of garbage "messages" are they trying to fill our children's mind with?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Don't forget Lou Dobbs is a 30 year veteran of CNN prior to Dec 2009 - and that's all I'm going to say.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    A next the Starbellied Sneeches will be teaching our kids not to be racist! The Nerve!!!
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    Don't forget Lou Dobbs is a 30 year veteran of CNN prior to Dec 2009 - and that's all I'm going to say.
    Yeah, I used to watch Dobbs all the time when he was at CNN. He was constantly railing against G.W. Bush and the GOP agenda. His views were kind of all over the place, but he was definitely what I would consider an economic populist given his frequent rants about the excesses of Wall St./big business and the negative impact of free trade on the U.S. economy (he was a staunch protectionist). So how does he now pull off ripping Obama/liberals on Fox? What a weird cat... does he just like to go after whoever's in power at the time?

Registered
    May 2005
    Its telling to me that this has only come up since the BOOK became a MOVIE. Why hasn't Lou been trying to ban this book or keep it out of school libraries if its so terrible for our children's young minds? It was written in 1971, afterall, so its not like this is a new story no one has heard before.
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    May 2004
    Don't forget the muppets, those nefarious communists!

Some of these people, man, they have gone and lost their damn minds
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    May 2002
    Eh, some people said the same thing about Avatar too. Remember always that CNN, Fox, etc. are ratings based, not news.
    The cookies are worth the drive

Registered
    Nov 2009
    People are a crazy.

I'm surprised they haven't tried to ban Bambi as a secret plot of PETA to turn all kids vegetarian.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    People are a crazy.

I'm surprised they haven't tried to ban Bambi as a secret plot of PETA to turn all kids vegetarian.
    Just wait until the movie comes out.

There are communist and radical threats all around us you know, I mean, even the girl scouts are now a radical lesbian and pro-abortion group!!!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/02/2...zing-recruits/
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I can't help but think that "One Fish, Two Fish, RED Fish, Blue Fish" is a book about why communism is better than capitalism. I mean seriously, why do children need to be reading in the first place...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Not even a real doctor, I bet.

I bet the Grinich is hopping mad. He might accuse the Obama Adminsitration of a war on Christmas if he hadn't already stolen it. But not before he divorced Mrs. Grinich and married Cindy Lou Who.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Mother! Mother!

Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    If you look close the snow storm cleverly disguises that red star of Russkieland. Freakin' commies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eHr-9_6hCg

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    If you look close the snow storm cleverly disguises that red star of Russkieland. Freakin' commies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eHr-9_6hCg

Bear
    GASP! I am never eating meat again!
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I can't help but think that "One Fish, Two Fish, RED Fish, Blue Fish" is a book about why communism is better than capitalism. I mean seriously, why do children need to be reading in the first place...
    I thought that was a book about how partisanship is tearing this nation apart! It was supposed to be called One State, Two State, Red State, Blue State but the publisher changed it to avoid controversy.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2006
    The Lorax was meant to be a fable for environmental responsibility. He's not wrong in pointing out that there is a message, but anything after that is just plain nuts.

Errrr, it's Fox News
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jul 2011
    Now IHOP is giving free tree seeds with their Lorax breakfast special, and are encouraging kids to plant trees.

Totally a liberal conspiracy - indoctrinating our kids with the notion that trees are a good thing?!?
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Tarf View post
    Now IHOP is giving free tree seeds with their Lorax breakfast special, and are encouraging kids to plant trees.

Totally a liberal conspiracy - indoctrinating our kids with the notion that trees are a good thing?!?
    Are we sure that those are tree seeds? I'm pretty sure that little Mary Lou Who was an alias for Mary Jane Who. That Lorax looks like a stoner to me, kind of like David Crosby.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Are we sure that those are tree seeds? I'm pretty sure that little Mary Lou Who was an alias for Mary Jane Who. That Lorax looks like a stoner to me, kind of like David Crosby.
    Exactly. We all know what IHOP really stands for, don't we?

Registered
    May 2005

Has anyone noticed that Mazda is in on the conspiracy, too? They are using mighty little Lorax Crosby to sell their new “crossover” vehicle now.

A “Seuss-ified” 3D-CG version of the Mazda CX-5 showcases how Skyactiv Technology is good for the environment. It is the first and only vehicle to receive the “Truffula Tree Seal of Approval.”

“The Lorax character’s view of the environment fits in exactly with Mazda and Skyactiv Technology, so the two were a perfect match for a commercial,” said Illumination Entertainment founder and CEO Chris Meledandri, in a press release.

For every test drive of a Mazda between February 20 and April 2, the automaker will donate $25 and up to $1 million to the National Education Association (NEA) as part of the organization’s Read Across America Program, which supports public school libraries nationwide.
    Ok, so, foreign car company?, support for the NEA?, Truffula Seed of Approval? So much hatred for America in one 45 second spot! Where will this drive to destroy America end?

Registered
    Jan 2005

It's just like the Left to give handouts....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    It's just like the Left to give handouts....
    This is why I love you guys.
    Occupy Your Brain!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 14
    Last post: 05 Aug 2010, 11:59 AM
  2. Pres. Obama's Eduaction Speech
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 42
    Last post: 10 Sep 2009, 4:49 PM
  3. The Kung Fu Movie Plot Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club