Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Chance of admission to Master of Planning degree?

Registered
    Mar 2012

Chance of admission to Master of Planning degree?

Wondering if 3.3 GPA gives me a chance at admission to the University of Calgary's Planning program? If you go there or have been accepted there, what was your GPA?

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Whoops, I miscalculated and my last 2 years GPA is 3.44. Overall my GPA is 3.3 and in my major, my GPA is 3.55

     
    Registered
    Oct 2009
    Current Planning student in the first year of the Urban Design & Development stream of the program. In the Dean's town hall today it was stated that incoming applications have been encouraging but remember that this will be the second year the degree has been offered since its relaunch so it doesn't have the momentum of some of the more popular schools. So far its been a great experience and the ability to gain exposure to many planning disciplines and professionals (regional, community, urban design) has been very fruitful. As far as admissions, you will be fine. Accreditation is a bit of a question mark but APPI and the school share the same objective and vision they just need to wait until the first graduating class to assess the program's curriculum and merit (makes sense). I'm not concerned.
    Last edited by ggilber3; 09 Mar 2012 at 3:28 AM.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 26 Oct 2009, 1:55 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 29 Sep 2009, 10:34 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last post: 23 Sep 2008, 11:51 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last post: 31 Jul 2007, 10:39 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last post: 29 Jul 2006, 2:40 PM