Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Closed thread

Thread: Hello from the Bay!

Registered
    Feb 2012

Hello from the Bay!

Hi folks,

You might call me a planning n00b - I am not currently in the planning field but have been fascinated with complexity of cities ever since I dropped my architecture major as an undergrad ;-) Years later, I am really interested into getting into the planning field (e.g., going back to school.)

I'm currently a usability researcher in CA, trained in Interaction Design and Human-Computer Interaction (let me know if you want further explanation :-) ). Naturally, I am really fascinated about the way technology might improve our experience of and understanding of communities, regions and cities and its processes.

If anyone shares a similar background - or is also in the midst of switching careers - I'd be *extremely* interested in hearing from you. Otherwise I look forward to meeting you all and learning from the community!

Thanks!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! Glad to have you.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Greetings from a northern California native transplanted to the panhandle.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Closed thread