Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Bow To Your Noble Bear

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Bow To Your Noble Bear

OK, common Cyburbians, time for you to get in line and bow to your noble Bear. For real. maybe...

Opened my e-mail this morning and I had another very-informative set of documents from a family member in Warsaw, Poland. Waldemar has been sending me information for a couple years, all related to his quite-detailed family tree search and documentation. I have been tearing through the attachments, with paternal glee (that side of the family). Some of the info.....

In the years 1685-1754 a pre-commie with the exact same name as this Bear wandered the Russian Federation countryside. He was listed in a detailed DNA report listing nobility of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Important to remember our eastern Europe history.....the borders of Russia, Poland, Lithuania (and others periodically) changed quite often. The attachments from my family member pal in Warsaw also included a herald. I am guessing, based on what I am trying to read (in Polish) that the herald was for multiple families, perhaps "The House Of Bear". I will get a pic of the herald posted.

Bottom line.....bow to me. RJ, you're doing it wrong.....bow toward me, not away from me. And put your swim suit back on.
    _____

Last night my high school went to its' first-ever Ohio High School Basketball Championship Game. My Panthers lost, 45-40. Finishing 2nd best in the state, not so bad. Congrats Whitmer Panthers!

NOTE: Toledo has not faired well over the years in high school finals. Toledo's Libbey High (now closed and demolished) lost in the final game in 1966 and again in (about) 2008. Toledo's St. Francis, Scott, and Macomber are the only teams to win the state basketball championship.
    _____

Bow to your Bear!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Moderator note:
    split from RTDNTOTO

Guess I gotta bow to the Bear. Nobility, huh? Must be nice. So, do you plan on exercising your droit du seigneur any time soon?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Your Royal Bear-Ness!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Bear, why do you hate America? We threw off the shackles of Royalty over 200 years ago. Renounce your title and become an American again! [insert American flag emoticon]
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    NOTE: Toledo has not faired well over the years in high school finals. Toledo's Libbey High (now closed and demolished) lost in the final game in 1966 and again in (about) 2008. Toledo's St. Francis, Scott, and Macomber are the only teams to win the state basketball championship.
    _____

Bow to your Bear!

Bear
    Off-topic:
    Toledo Libbey in 2008 had a little player named William Buford. He happened to be Mr. Ohio Basketball and go to a little school named The Ohio State University after he graduated. Pretty great person all around really. Let's hope that he can win a National Championship to make up for the loss in 2008... (See how OSU is so much better than That School up North?)
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    AIB Monty Python;

Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    My paternal lineage includes a Knight of the Realm, bestowed by Henry the Eighth, apparently he gave the king a bunch of money to finance the army. But it is his second son (who I am descended from) who I have the greatest respect and bragging rights - he went to Oxford University to become a brewer.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Off-topic:
    (See how OSU is so much better than That School up North?)
    Let's look at the facts: Michigan is in the Top 10 for total NCAA championships, with 33. The only other Big Ten school in the Top 10 is Penn State, and they won the majority of their NCAA championships when they were an independent. I don't see Ohio State listed. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Confused Bear
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 23 Oct 2009, 7:09 PM
  2. Replies: 55
    Last post: 19 Oct 2007, 12:41 AM
  3. Question From The Bear
    Cyburbia Issues and Help